PDA

View Full Version : Shock Value Advice for O'Reilly Interview

michaelwise
09-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Shock value statements, which are simply the cold hard truth, is what gets Ron Paul talked about on the main stream media these days. This is the current reality we have to deal with. Shock value worked out pretty well for us on the last Fox News debate.

They are avoiding asking Ron questions about the economy, because it is a painful issue these days for many American families, and they do not want people to be distracted from focusing on the Iraq war, by thinking about, or talking about the economic hardship people are facing these days.

Perhaps in the interview with O'Reilly tomorrow night, Ron could work in the rising unemployment numbers, and the 150+ mortgage companies that have gone out of business since the beginning of the year.

See, http://ml-implode.com/

Perhaps Ron could work into the interview, the volunteer participation going on with the grassroots effort, and mention the over 41,000 Meetup group volunteers.

I don't think Ron should let O'Reilly back him into a corner, discussing only Iraq.

Any more advice for Ron?

krott5333
09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
talk about Michael Scheuer, for one thing.

and he needs to be assertive.. if Oreilly isnt letting him speak, he needs to speak up and say "I dont understand why you invited me on your program if you're not going to let me speak"

quickmike
09-09-2007, 11:05 AM
If Ron has a cup of coffee in front of him, he should chug it really quick, then take the cup by the handle and bust O'Reilly over the head with it;)

cant beat that for shock value:D

Honestly though, he should just ask O'Reilly "So if we stay another year and theres still violence, we shoud stay longer? Then we go another year and nothings changed, we should stay another year? Then another? and another? Wheres your cut off date Bill? How many more years do we stay there before you think we should get out?"

Johnnybags
09-09-2007, 11:15 AM
its a carbon copy of the debate tactics, I am sure Hume,Goler,Wallace are going to be in the secure room with headphones on watching. Looks like the Beltway boys email is jammed packed after Fred Barnes said Kucinich and Paul should go. Barnes email is never shut down cuz he gets 3 a day. My prediction is you will all be calling for a major protest of FOX studios after you see the hit job. Anyone here who thinks Oreilly is not going to call him a cook and have guests at the ready like Dennis Brainwashed Miller to reaffirm it is nuts. Miller is already working on his blithering blather now. I'll wager 1/9 he is called upon. What would the neocon/cia do to discredit Paul is exactly what FOX will do because it is an inflitrated station.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-09-2007, 11:19 AM
If Ron has a cup of coffee in front of him, he should chug it really quick, then take the cup by the handle and bust O'Reilly over the head with it;)

Better visual effect with the coffee still in the cup.

quickmike
09-09-2007, 11:23 AM

True, I was just thinking it would be a good build up like "what the hell is Ron doing chugging his coffee so fast" then BAMMMM!!!!! "Oh ok, now I get it."

Youre right though, much better spray effect with a full cup.:D

brumans

Can someone forward this to headquarters :p

constituent
He needs to be prepared for an attack on his supporters... that's where they smell blood...

he needs to be ready to DEFEND his supporters and encourage them to
take action. they will bring up the G.Rivera thing, they will bring up
revolution, the whole bit. he needs to be ready to stand absolutely
firm by the need for an immediate about face and encourage that
all FOX VIEWERS take the immediate legal actions that are necessary
to secure a free and prosperous USA in the next century.

he needs to encourage those who are not on the internet (particularly
the elderly) to go to their library and take a free course on web browsing,
and finding scholarly journals/credentialed resources.

if he hammers home that his presidency, and meteoric rise to 'top-tieredom'
is due to the theme of education. of people relying on their sense of right and
wrong, their own personal intuition, to come to the rational conclusion from
which television has lead them so far astray.

if he does these things, he cannot be beat, not by any of their best tricks.

Brandybuck
09-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Ron's too nice of a guy to ever do this. So I volunteer to whack O'Reilly over the head with a coffee mug so he won't have to! :D

quickmike
09-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Ron's too nice of a guy to ever do this. So I volunteer to whack O'Reilly over the head with a coffee mug so he won't have to! :D

Just make sure you bring your "Im with Fred" t-shirt with you for a change of clothes if things dont go well. ;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Do the "I'm with Fred" shirts look like this?
http://www.mbeck.org/ImWithStupid.jpg

quickmike
09-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Do the "I'm with Fred" shirts look like this?
http://www.mbeck.org/ImWithStupid.jpg

Oh yeah, Ron should sell this shirt from his campaign store.

bcmiller
09-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Ron can shout with O'Reilly like he shouted with Morton Downey Jr., but it will just be noise and more of the same on "the factor"

I think he will be able to disarm him like he did to Hannity in NH. "You should be nice to your guests" and "You like the IRS?" After that Hannity calmed the hell down and let the freakish looking Colmes take over.

Sorry but as an aside,
I think they put the most frightening looking democrat possible on Fox on purpose.

No offense Alan.

quickmike
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Sorry but as an aside,
I think they put the most frightening looking democrat possible on Fox on purpose.

No offense Alan.

He looks like a praying mantis doesnt he?

My fiance always says things about Colmes, so just to mess with her, I put a blown up picture of him as her desktop background on her laptop.:D

http://www.klif.com/host%20pictures/colmes.jpg

Poor fella............... for a democrat hes not really that bad a guy. At least he lets people speak that disagree with him.

wgadget
09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
The cool thing about RP's message is that all the issues are issues that he can relate back to the Constitution. So he should be able to smoothly transition from one topic to another, since they're all related.

LibertyEagle
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I hope he MAKES the opportunity to talk about the state of our economy, our debt and our dollar. He also badly needs to clarify his position about getting rid of all those departments; especially this thing about the CIA and the FBI. That is freaking out a lot of people, making him look like he's nuts. I know he is not, but he needs to make clear what he would suggest doing instead.

inibo
09-09-2007, 02:29 PM

If they were taking volunteers I believe you'd have to get in line for that one. A long line.

zahirakids
09-09-2007, 02:44 PM
He looks like a praying mantis doesnt he?

My fiance always says things about Colmes, so just to mess with her, I put a blown up picture of him as her desktop background on her laptop.:D

http://www.klif.com/host%20pictures/colmes.jpg

Poor fella............... for a democrat hes not really that bad a guy. At least he lets people speak that disagree with him.

I hope everyone here picking on Alan knows that the night of thedebate he endorsed Ron Paul on his radio show live from NH.

Geronimo
09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Alan Colmes was also responsible for intervening between Hannity's badgering and RP, after the debate.

Regardless, I still think the guy's a worm.

Leslie Webb
09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
O'Reilly is probably going to bray about the Petraeus report, which comes out tomorrow, and say it shows the surge is working. Ron should come back with facts from the General Accountability Office that show that the Iraq government is meeting very few of the benchmarks set for it.

In addition, apparently Petraeus' people cherry picked a lot of the data. I heard on MSNBC last week that certain incidents such as the death of 500 people from a bomb or a person killed in the back of the head rather than in the front are not counted as terrorist incidents, because of the cherry picking criteria. Rather than nit pick on these details, I'd go with citing chapter and verse from the GAO report as a way to take the wind out of O'Reilly's "The Petraeus report clearly shows that the surge is working, what say you, sir?"

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Rather than nit pick on these details, I'd go with citing chapter and verse from the GAO report as a way to take the wind out of O'Reilly's "The Petraeus report clearly shows that the surge is working, what say you, sir?"

Or just say "Great. Guess we can bring the troops home then."

EvoPro
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Or just say "Great. Guess we can bring the troops home then."

yes, the Iraqi government should then easily be ready for the withdrawl ordered by the Paul whitehouse in 2009. :)

lapi7
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
let the freakish looking Colmes take over.

Sorry but as an aside,

No offense Alan.

Sorry but the all time winner of the Democratic Strange Ugly contest has (without a shadow of a doubt) got to be James Carville...

From an episode of Family Guy...
Peter is wincing and covering his face upon seeing James Carville for the first time then says:

"Oh my God...oh my God...what happened to you...did someone just open the Ark of the Covanant?" :eek:

LOL...LOL

saku39
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM

It would be better if Ron took O'Reilly out hand to hand, circle of death, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome style. :)

I'd be down for seeing that. . . But I'll settle for Ron taking him to school on the constitution, foreign policy, and economics though. :)

bygone
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
This has been read, and as such, is no longer needed.

rodent
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Shock value statements, which are simply the cold hard truth, is what gets Ron Paul talked about on the main stream media these days. This is the current reality we have to deal with. Shock value worked out pretty well for us on the last Fox News debate.

They are avoiding asking Ron questions about the economy, because it is a painful issue these days for many American families, and they do not want people to be distracted from focusing on the Iraq war, by thinking about, or talking about the economic hardship people are facing these days.

From a personal perspective, I am not really suffering in the middle class. Are we really suffering, aside from the inflation problem? I am not making gobs of money, but I am not down and out and miserable. Does anyone have any personal stories outside of health-care issues and woes regarding the middle class family struggling? It all pretty much boils down to healthcare at this point, right?

Just curious -- I am not making assertions, I just want to hear from real people how bad it is.

bygone
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Healthcare and childcare for families; I think. If you have 2 or more children the price of childcare taken with other addtional expenses may make working a less than appealing idea for one of the parents unless you both able to get good paying jobs. Take what you'd make at $9 per hour and subtract $600 a month; and then place your family in a higher tax bracket, pay for your gas and car (if you have public trans you're lucky there) and tell me what you make per hour. You'd be lucky if at the end of the day you aren't losing money.

It's not miserable (yet) unless you are a homeowner being crunched out of your home. Then it very well might be a nightmare right now. A lot of people are going to sqaut in the homes for as long as they can until they are forced to rent if something isn't done... at least thats what I hear. I couldn't be convinced to buy a home right now.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
talk about Michael Scheuer, for one thing.

I don't know if that would be the smartest thing to do

http://digg.com/world_news/Latest_Bin_Laden_Video_Is_a_Forgery
http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/9/9/61032/95401

a comment from the digg page

"I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, but how hard would it be to create a 3D model of Bin Laden and texture map his face on it, then dump the 4k render on shitty VHS tape to cover up the flaws? They did it with Marlon Brando in Superman Returns. Seems like it would be super easy for the *a* government to do this (either ours or another power that could benefit from keeping OBL "alive")."

michaelwise
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
O'Reilly is probably going to bray about the Petraeus report, which comes out tomorrow, and say it shows the surge is working. Ron should come back with facts from the General Accountability Office that show that the Iraq government is meeting very few of the benchmarks set for it.

In addition, apparently Petraeus' people cherry picked a lot of the data. I heard on MSNBC last week that certain incidents such as the death of 500 people from a bomb or a person killed in the back of the head rather than in the front are not counted as terrorist incidents, because of the cherry picking criteria. Rather than nit pick on these details, I'd go with citing chapter and verse from the GAO report as a way to take the wind out of O'Reilly's "The Petraeus report clearly shows that the surge is working, what say you, sir?" As soon as O'Reilly starts with the General Petraeus stuff, Ron should counter with; Is George Bush General Petraeus' comander in chief, yes or no? And George Bush wants General Petraeus to continue the war, Yes or No? So you don't think that report could possibly be biased?

Give me liberty
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe ron paul should bring up the old issue of the old war of Yugoslavia :)
and lets see where Bill stands there.

Ron:O reilly did you support the war in Yugoslavia? the unconstitutional war?

fj45lvr
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Honestly though, he should just ask O'Reilly "So if we stay another year and theres still violence, we shoud stay longer? Then we go another year and nothings changed, we should stay another year? Then another? and another? Wheres your cut off date Bill? How many more years do we stay there before you think we should get out?"

Yeah I can tell already that Oreilly will use the thinking that we cannot just leave because of those that could be killed assuring that "democracy" won't win out and the region will be doomed.

I'm sure Oreilly and many would be pleased as punch to be there indefinetly.

Ask bill how that "democratic rule thing" is working out with HAMAS in Palestine.

If we do leave and there's 4 different "factions" sunnis, shiites, kurds and Iranians all looking to either maintain their own "turf" or take control who is going to supply them with the weapons and ammo to blow each other to kingdom come??? who's gonna be making the deals for the barrels of oil and all that it takes to get it up and out???

michaelwise
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Ron could counter a stupid O'Reilly comment about the war by saying, A better question might be, Do you think the current or a future administration, other than my own, has plans on ever leaving Iraq? If so, then why is Halliburton building 14 US military bases in Iraq, and a US embassy the size of Vatican City in Rome? If we plan on leaving someday, then why are we currently throwing away tax payer money now on all those US facilities over there? Can you answer me that Bill? If You can't answer that Bill, can you look into it for me?

richard1984
09-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm almost more worried that O'Reilly will whine and bitch about Dr. Paul's stance on the war on drugs.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssS_TEeQfU . O'Reilly was pretty well behaved--largely because the guy is intelligent--but it gives some insight into Bill's stance on the issue. Of course, RP knows how to counter his tyrannical ideals. O'Reilly may try to spin Dr. Paul's stance as crazy, kooky, way-out-there, etc.

Anyway, just a potential point from which Bill-O may try to draw blood.

Suzu
09-10-2007, 05:34 AM
If O'Reilly so much as hints that RP is any sort of "wingnut", RP should blast right back at him by asking who paid him off to stop his investigation of the Kennedy assassination.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-10-2007, 06:25 AM
If O'Reilly so much as hints that RP is any sort of "wingnut", RP should blast right back at him by asking who paid him off to stop his investigation of the Kennedy assassination.

Forgive me if you're tongue-in-cheek, but that probably would not help. If Person A believes in a conspiracy to which Person B does not subscribe, Person A is by definition a kook to Person B, or to an audience of millions of Persons B.

expatriot
09-10-2007, 07:13 AM
He will probably ask for clarification on abolishing the IRS, the CIA, and DepOfEdu,
in that order.
The IRS will be an easy lead-jn which will seem like a safe topic.
The CIA topic will raise some controversial points (911, BlowBack, PatriotAct, etc)
and set him up to be wearing tinfoil hats.
By leaving the DoE till last they will want to fire up the various teacher's unions.
This last topic is guaranteed to stir some flames around the democratic base,
and will take some time to explain. Oops sorry, out of time cutoff point!

michaelwise
09-10-2007, 09:15 AM
O'Reilly, Question: What makes you think you can win the party nomination?

Paul, Answer: More and more middle class Americans are waking up to the fact, that their government is doing real financial damage to them and their children. I,m the only candidate with a real answer to that problem. People vote with their financial future in mind.

Ridiculous
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I am sure that Paul's campaign staff has had mock debates with him and has studied O'Reilly's interviews.

constituent
09-10-2007, 09:30 AM
teachers don't like the DoE. Most of the "conservatives" that watch the show are ideologically opposed to the DoE, though not necessarily "public education."

as long as dr. paul pushes that he doesn't want to get rid of "public educaton," he just wants to put the power back in the hands of parents and teachers, he'll have it made.

mconder
09-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't think Ron should let O'Reilly back him into a corner, discussing only Iraq.

I think they have figured out the place to attack Ron and make him look stupid is pointing out that Ron has stated he wants to abolish the CIA, Department of Home Land Security, Department of Energy and Department of Education. They have figured out that it's really hard for Ron to defend this given the limited time for response in these interviews and if he does not find a way to respond to this, O'Riely will make him appear a crack pot.

michaelwise
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM

I think they have figured out the place to attack Ron and make him look stupid is pointing out that Ron has stated he wants to abolish the CIA, Department of Home Land Security, Department of Energy and Department of Education. They have figured out that it's really hard for Ron to defend this given the limited time for response in these interviews and if he does not find a way to respond to this, O'Reilly will make him appear a crack pot.Ron can point out the CIA's Team B spin on threats, in order to promote the politics of fear, for the neo-con cause. This is what he means when he talks about mischief. If O'Reilly doesn't know what he's talking about, Ron can give him some homework assignments on the subject.

goldenequity
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
O'Reilly live here
http://affiliates.foxnewsradio.com/Radio/player.html