PDA

View Full Version : Palin Pardons Turkey While Workers Slaughter Other In Background

angelatc
11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
All the Palin haters will be ROTFL, but if the grown ups can get past that, think about this: who chooses the backdrops for the interviews? And why would they choose this particular shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DTSPzU0RI

Bruno
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
All the Palin haters will be ROTFL, but if the grown ups can get past that, think about this: who chooses the backdrops for the interviews? And why would they choose this particular shot?

The cameraman was not oblivious of what was going on in the background, that's for sure!

angelatc
11-21-2008, 12:07 PM
And it's not like it's live. They certainly could have stopped the interview and started over.

nate895
11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Who fricken cares? It is Alaska for Christ's sake, no one gives a damn. If you don't hunt or fish (or both), you die. It might be "gruesome" for a pathetic person down here in the lower 48, but that says more about their ignorance and over emotional garbage than it does about Alaskans killing turkeys on TV.

angelatc
11-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Who fricken cares? It is Alaska for Christ's sake, no one gives a damn. If you don't hunt or fish (or both), you die. It might be "gruesome" for a pathetic person down here in the lower 48, but that says more about their ignorance and over emotional garbage than it does about Alaskans killing turkeys on TV.

I absolutely agree. But if you don't think that voters vote on emotion, you're mistaken.

And MSNBC knows that.

This could easily have been a SNL skit.

nate895
11-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I absolutely agree. But if you don't think that voters vote on emotion, you're mistaken.

And MSNBC knows that.

I know many voters vote on emotion, that is why I am somewhat glad it is Palin. It would probably make a funny SNL skit simply because of the irony of pardoning a turkey, only to have several others killed behind you. If I was MSNBC, or any other news organization, and had to fill 5 minutes with something like that, I would have put it as a joke, not that it is too gruesome for TV and to put the kids in another room.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 12:29 PM

It doesn't offend me one bit. Yesterday I was walking around a 5,000 hog barn. I know where my meat comes from.

But many people will find that video funny, ironic, and some will find it disgusting of course.

And I doubt in Alaska you either hunt, fish, or die (unless you live out in the wild, of course). There are many city-living people who go about their life purchasing their food from the grocery store as most of us do. Those turkeys are being sent to groceries stores to feed those exact type of people.

Also, I believe the device he was putting the turkey in slides their neck down, where it is sliced and bled. He put the turkey in live, let it be slaughtered, let the blood drain out, then takes the turkey out. He then gets another live, turkey, and repeats.

SnappleLlama
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
As a vegetarian....yeah, I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. BLARGH!! :(

nate895
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
It doesn't offend me one bit. Yesterday I was walking around a 5,000 hog barn. I know where my meat comes from.

But many people will find that video funny, ironic, and some will find it disgusting of course.

And I doubt in Alaska you either hunt, fish, or die (unless you live out in the wild, of course). There are many city-living people who go about their life purchasing their food from the grocery store as most of us do. Those turkeys are being sent to groceries stores to feed those exact type of people.

Also, I believe the device he was putting the turkey in slides their neck down, where it is sliced and bled. He put the turkey in live, let it be slaughtered, let the blood drain out, then takes the turkey out. He then gets another live, turkey, and repeats.

Just what I have heard from the Alaskans that I know. I have never met an Alaskan who doesn't hunt or fish, and I have met about twenty.

RickyJ
11-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Good work if you can get it. :D

This makes me like Sara even more. And BTW, she was not pardoning a turkey while this was going on.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Just what I have heard from the Alaskans that I know. I have never met an Alaskan who doesn't hunt or fish, and I have met about twenty.

I'm sure that's true that most do hunt, They choose to hunt for fun and to provide additional food to supplement their family's meals and help the budget.

There are least 10 grocery stores in Wasilla, AK, population 5,500
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wasilla+alaska+grocery+stores&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

nate895
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm sure that's true that most do hunt, They choose to hunt for fun and to provide additional food to supplement their family's meals and help the budget.

There are least 10 grocery stores in Wasilla, AK, population 5,500
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wasilla+alaska+grocery+stores&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

On the first page, absolutely none of those are grocery stores (unless you count the minute mart), though I know in the Fred Meyer they mention there has a grocery store, they just don't mention it. I am sure most of the food comes from grocery stores, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get most variety of foods. The entire state of Alaska would die of scurvy at age 30. As far as hunting and fishing to live in Alaska, they are big industries (or at least fishing is), and many people have fishermen in the family.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Good work if you can get it. :D

This makes me like Sara even more. And BTW, she was not pardoning a turkey while this was going on.

True. She had just got done pardoning the turkey when the video was shot.

The video starts, "We've made every effort to sanitize the video..."

Funny how they never sanitize showing dead, bleeding bodies blow apart by bombs in war.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
On the first page, absolutely none of those are grocery stores (unless you count the minute mart), though I know in the Fred Meyer they mention there has a grocery store, they just don't mention it. I am sure most of the food comes from grocery stores, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get most variety of foods. The entire state of Alaska would die of scurvy at age 30. As far as hunting and fishing to live in Alaska, they are big industries (or at least fishing is), and many people have fishermen in the family.

Then we agree. :)

Just for fun I called one of the Fishmart's listed, and a nice said they are a quik-mart but that there are supermarketes in Wasilla and that the Fred Meyer's and Carr's Supervalu are huge.

moostraks
11-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I think this will be used as an attempt to show her down home qualities, but will backfire in most of the lower 48. SNL could have a blast with this.

Theocrat
11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Obviously it's a government conspiracy to incite more hatred towards Sarah Palin from the animal rights community in order to further the government's agenda to destroy any remaining glimpses that Sarah Palin would have been the first female Vice President of the United States due to the strategic political planning of the Republican Party because, after all, the media is controlled by liberals who like nothing more than to eradicate any conservative gains honored by the public's view, so the government chose to highlight Palin's Alaskan lifestyle in the wild by interviewing her outside a slaughter house for turkeys because this is Thanksgiving season, and most people's attentions are geared toward this celebration right now, providing the perfect arena to profile and humiliate Palin while connecting this setting of her interview with her strong support of gun rights in an attempt to warn the masses of how much guns can kill others, even if it's innocent birds like turkeys, and thus, promoting Obama's agenda to fight fiercely towards an end in gun violence by taking our guns away, which the people will readily do to obtain more security, and this will set the foundations for the incoming "New World Order" to enslave our society which will not be able to defend itself against the powers that be, who only seek global and loyal domination of the masses to willingly accept any and everything they want to employ for their own personal gains to the end that it leads to the merciless slaughter of millions of people whom the government views as polluters of the environment and contributors to the Malthusian notion of "the tragedy of the commons," so that only the elite will survive to enjoy those turkeys on Thanksgiving without any competition from the lower classes, and these elitists will then have fulfilled their global utopia of unfiltered hedonism monitored only by their own whims to do as they wish, eat what they want, and move as they please.

Roxi
11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
i swear some people think alaska is just this big barren empty iceburg with eskimo huts all over....

http://www.welcometoalaska.com/wallpaper/pictures/Large/l_Alaska%20From%20Above%20Anchorage%20-%20Wallpaper.jpg

sevin
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
oh my god they had to warn people to "Get your kids out of the room!" and then they blurred out the turkey.

the continued pussification of America. ugh

Wendi
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Why would you pardon a turkey in the first place?

Danke
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM

To increase visitors to Yongrel's site?

yongrel
11-21-2008, 03:06 PM
From the Free Turkey:
http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/21/sarah-palin-and-her-obvious-contempt-for-poultry-the-free-turkey-will-not-stand-for-this/

nate895
11-21-2008, 03:20 PM

It is a Thanksgiving tradition for Presidents and Governors to pardon turkeys. Most of the attention goes to the President, obviously.

Andrew Ryan
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
As a vegetarian....yeah, I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. BLARGH!! :(
I could never be a vegetarian. I'll die with a cheeseburger in my hand :d

nate895
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I could never be a vegetarian. I'll die with a cheeseburger in my hand :d

Neither could I. I would also be extremely weak because I am allergic to nuts, thereby limiting my ability to get necessary proteins as a vegetarian.

roho76
11-21-2008, 04:23 PM

You stole my thunder Angela but Sarah Palin stole my heart.

RickyJ
11-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Obviously it's a government conspiracy to incite more hatred towards Sarah Palin from the animal rights community in order to further the government's agenda to destroy any remaining glimpses that Sarah Palin would have been the first female Vice President of the United States due to the strategic political planning of the Republican Party because, after all, the media is controlled by liberals who like nothing more than to eradicate any conservative gains honored by the public's view, so the government chose to highlight Palin's Alaskan lifestyle in the wild by interviewing her outside a slaughter house for turkeys because this is Thanksgiving season, and most people's attentions are geared toward this celebration right now, providing the perfect arena to profile and humiliate Palin while connecting this setting of her interview with her strong support of gun rights in an attempt to warn the masses of how much guns can kill others, even if it's innocent birds like turkeys, and thus, promoting Obama's agenda to fight fiercely towards an end in gun violence by taking our guns away, which the people will readily do to obtain more security, and this will set the foundations for the incoming "New World Order" to enslave our society which will not be able to defend itself against the powers that be, who only seek global and loyal domination of the masses to willingly accept any and everything they want to employ for their own personal gains to the end that it leads to the merciless slaughter of millions of people whom the government views as polluters of the environment and contributors to the Malthusian notion of "the tragedy of the commons," so that only the elite will survive to enjoy those turkeys on Thanksgiving without any competition from the lower classes, and these elitists will then have fulfilled their global utopia of unfiltered hedonism monitored only by their own whims to do as they wish, eat what they want, and move as they please.

Now THAT is one heck of a run on sentence.

Sara knew where the camera was pointing, she just didn't care. Slaughtering Turkeys does not bother her in the least. But if she wants to be president then she should think about what your average sheeple would think about when seeing things like this.

silus
11-22-2008, 09:18 PM
The POTENTIAL!! :)