PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Friedman: Authoritarian A----

Feenix566
11-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Thomas Friedman appeared on the Colbert Report last night lamenting the fact that we don't live in a Chinese-style dictatorship. He actually sat there saying he wishes the US government could "get its act together" and force us all to do what he wants us to do!!

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/63509-colbert-report-thomas-friedman

What really pisses me off is that no one ever challenges this guy! He's on TV every other day going on and on about how we need the government to save us from all our problems. Last night he even went so far as to compare a two-degree climate shift to a fever in a human being. The comparison is ridiculous! It's like apples to doorknobs. Not to to mention the fact that there is no proof that human activity causes climate change. But no one ever challenges him! No one ever debates him! He's asserting speculation as fact, and no one ever calls him out!

decatren
11-21-2008, 09:24 AM
2 ass clowns

Cowlesy
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Bill Bonner of The Daily Reckoning has convinced me that Thomas Friedman might possibly be the biggest dumbass on the planet.

www.dailyreckoning.com

One of the few newsletters I must absolutely read everyday.

mlmvh
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for posting this; you beat me to it!

libertea
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I learned a lot from "The World Is Flat". I don't know what his motives or political philosophies are and I don't care. I will get his new book also as I expect to learn from it and make more informed decisions and have a more informed, global perspective. Industrial age rules do not apply any more. Is this more protectionism on this forum? Protectionism seems popular these days around here.

Feenix566
11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm not a protectionist at all.

And Friedman is not your friend.

libertea
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
there is no proof that human activity causes climate change.

Al Gores film sells, the market has spoken.

enhanced_deficit
07-06-2020, 07:41 AM
Where there is plenty to criticize about his handling of freedom situation, one the of the good things about Trump is that he's made some of the best enemies. Thomas Friedman is a complete !@#$%^bag that disgrcaed NYT neocons are still clinging on to while passed Judith Miller on to Foxnews.

Trump rips NYT columnist Thomas Friedman on Twitter

"Thomas 'the Chin' Friedman, a weak and pathetic sort of guy, writes columns for The New York Times in between rounds of his favorite game, golf. Two weeks ago, while speaking to a friend on his cell phone, I unfortunately ended up speaking to Friedman. ... Really Nasty to me in his average I.Q. Columns, kissed my a.. on the call. Phony!"

axios.com/trump-tweets-nyt-thomas-friedman-c95c36d3-b58c-4d74-b74f-21aff6c8a19b.html