PDA

View Full Version : in case you haven't heard, RP could run in 2012

Jeremy
11-21-2008, 01:06 AM
http://reason.com/blog/show/130095.html

I heard people today saying there's no way he'd run again. Well there you go =)

Pauls' Revere
11-21-2008, 01:22 AM
We need the announcement early and organization. Funding etc...
I'm already jazzed about it. Please Dr Paul! Please!
:D

Pauls' Revere
11-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Bombs away!

$$$$$$$$$$

satchelmcqueen
11-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Ron must run. Please run .!!

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Well. if he does, I'll support him. I hope he decides soon so we can get busy. He's still the best one...and it will spread the message even more. I don't think the powers will let him win, but its good for continuing to build the movement and get back to the Constitution. Any time Ron Paul can get a national forum...you bet it is a good thing. Tones

garyallen59
11-21-2008, 09:00 AM
i would like to know soon. i'm ready to work again. :)
i must admit that is an exiting prospect.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Hopefully we will know in the next six months. I'm ready to get started. tones

AdamT
11-21-2008, 09:08 AM
The sooner we know, the sooner we can start the roots machine.

gilliganscorner
11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately, RP seems to be the strongest uniting lightning rod.

"R3VOLution 2.0: This time, it's personal" :D (Said with ominous deep movie trailer voice)

paulitics
11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
This is great news. We need to encourage him because he inspires liberty like no other. I hear alot of people say he is not charasmatic when he speaks. I disagree. Everytime he speaks I feel like I'm listening to Thomas Jefferson. The passion comes across with his honesty like no other.

He is an incredible man to even contemplate doing this, after a year of 80 hour work weeks, doing two jobs at once. And Benton is right, the time to start is relatively soon. These dime a dozen neocons had their machines set up years before us in Iowa and New Hampshire.

2_Thumbs_Up
11-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Make Ron Paul 2012 signs.

gilliganscorner
11-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Make Ron Paul 2012 signs.

Cool. Put them on your lawns now. Just pretend the results of 2008 didn't matter. ;)

MRoCkEd
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
if so, he should start campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire immediately and when 2010 rolls along, he should perhaps retire from congress and devote all of his time to campaigning for the presidency.

JamesButabi
11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Imagine all across the USA Ron Paul 2012 / C4L signs, stickers, banners start spurring up out of nowhere. I would be loving it.

If RP is ready to give this another crack, im ready to make this shit official in RI.

UtahApocalypse
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
"We Want Ron" Money Bomb :)

Elwar
11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Ok, perhaps I'll be unpopular for saying this but...I just can't get past the age thing. Sure he's a healthy guy and all, but he'll be 77 when he takes office...at the most you're going to get 4 years out of him, and then running again at 81?

I'm just trying to be realistic here...my father's almost 75, none of his brothers made it to that age and we don't dance around the reality that he's only got a few years himself, he's living it up while he can.

I hope Ron Paul lives to the ripe old age of 110 as healthy as he is, but I do think the age thing would be a factor with those less faithful.

I'd still support him with all of my strength though if he runs.

Jeremy
11-21-2008, 11:29 AM
RP still rides his bike though =p

IPSecure
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok, perhaps I'll be unpopular for saying this but...I just can't get past the age thing. Sure he's a healthy guy and all, but he'll be 77 when he takes office...at the most you're going to get 4 years out of him, and then running again at 81?

I'm just trying to be realistic here...my father's almost 75, none of his brothers made it to that age and we don't dance around the reality that he's only got a few years himself, he's living it up while he can.

I hope Ron Paul lives to the ripe old age of 110 as healthy as he is, but I do think the age thing would be a factor with those less faithful.

Teddy Stevens is 85, his age did not seem to be an issue...

nate895
11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Hopefully we will know in the next six months. I'm ready to get started. tones

Benton said by mid-2009, so apx. 6 months, no later than 8 months.

nate895
11-21-2008, 11:51 AM

So what if he is only a one-term president? If he is any good at all, he'll be able to virtually appoint his successor in the form of his VP, who can be young enough to go for the full 8 years (so 12 years total). Of course, we also need to get to work on Congress at the same time. I think that if Dr. Paul runs, he should have a slate of Congressional and Senatorial candidates in both 2010 and 2012, maybe even 2014 if he wins.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's my 2 cents from someone who knows nothing about how to run a campaign:

He should be prepared to run independent, though maybe not to start. and announce that switch as soon as possible when it is necessary. The GOP will just push another candidate, such as Romney or Huckabee, or who-ever-the-hell-else they want to, shutting Paul out again.

Many will probably blast that opinion because he might lose his seat and therefore his voice in the House because of it, but hey, we might not have another four more years after the four we about to encounter with Obama.

nate895
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Here's my 2 cents from someone who knows nothing about how to run a campaign:

He should be prepared to run independent, though maybe not to start. and announce that switch as soon as possible when it is necessary. The GOP will just push another candidate, such as Romney or Huckabee, or who-ever-the-hell-else they want to, shutting Paul out again.

Many will probably blast that opinion because he might lose his seat and therefore his voice in the House because of it, but hey, we might not have another four more years after the four we about to encounter with Obama.

Ron Paul can win the GOP primaries if he just campaigns hard, and identifies every single last voter (and converts more) in the caucus states, and then make sure to meet every voter in the State of New Hampshire. Every single last one of them.

As far as running independent, if he does, it would have to be after he has already won the GOP primary in his home district. That way, he wouldn't need to lose his seat anyway. You cannot substitute names if they have won the primary in Texas.

Working Poor
11-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't think Ron Paul really wants to be POTUS because if he did I think he would have run a much more successful campaign. I think he would have won if he had really wanted to. I do think he wanted to stir up the dust and wake people up though.

JamesButabi
11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Ron Paul can win the GOP primaries if he just campaigns hard, and identifies every single last voter (and converts more) in the caucus states, and then make sure to meet every voter in the State of New Hampshire. Every single last one of them.

Ron Pauls base is at least doubled from the start of last campaign. If he announces another run, expect double the enthusiasm, double the money, double the coverage, double the fun, doublemint gum? Im so ready.

And already said, one term of Ron Paul does huge things for the country. We need to make a statement.

afmatt
11-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Ron Pauls base is at least doubled from the start of last campaign. If he announces another run, expect double the enthusiasm, double the money, double the coverage, double the fun, doublemint gum? Im so ready.

And already said, one term of Ron Paul does huge things for the country. We need to make a statement.

You forgot one key element - double the snowballs :D

I'm really excited to see that this is already being talked about, hope it turns out to be more than just talk.

Bruno
11-21-2008, 01:09 PM

As far as running independent, if he does, it would have to be after he has already won the GOP primary in his home district. That way, he wouldn't need to lose his seat anyway. You cannot substitute names if they have won the primary in Texas.

The GOP will not let him win. Didn't we see that already with they way they treated him? Are they asking him now to head the Republican Party? No, they are looking to Palin, Romney, the Huckster, and anywhere but in the direction of Ron Paul. I wish they were, though.

I think sacrificing his seat in four years would be worth it, because his voice will matter more trying to run as an independant that it will getting the chance to have the opportunity to grill Bernanke and have him squirm out of answering questions.

RickyJ
11-21-2008, 01:18 PM
If he runs, then he should fire Benton and get someone with real experience to help him out. Benton did more harm to his run than he helped. Ron Paul shows bad business judgment by keeping him on the payroll.

RickyJ
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think Ron Paul really wants to be POTUS because if he did I think he would have run a much more successful campaign. I think he would have won if he had really wanted to. I do think he wanted to stir up the dust and wake people up though.

Of course he doesn't want to be POTUS. Who would want that headache? But maybe if he sees he is the best hope for turning this country around he will do it anyway. I sure hope he does.

Mortikhi
11-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Just dont have my avatar in any campaign commercials and we will be golden.

WarningSLO
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I think he could do really, really well in the primaries if he decided he was going to run early on.

Think about how much money he could raise BEFORE Iowa and New Hampshire with the amount of support he has now. If we all started saving now, we could make the maximum contribution WAY before Iowa is even on the radar. Imagine Ron Paul with over $20 million in the bank before the primaries even get started. He would dominate.

I hope he decides to run as a Republican.

garyallen59
11-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I think he could do really, really well in the primaries if he decided he was going to run early on.

Think about how much money he could raise BEFORE Iowa and New Hampshire with the amount of support he has now. If we all started saving now, we could make the maximum contribution WAY before Iowa is even on the radar. Imagine Ron Paul with over $20 million in the bank before the primaries even get started. He would dominate.

that would be a beautiful thing.

nate895
11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
The GOP will not let him win. Didn't we see that already with they way they treated him? Are they asking him now to head the Republican Party? No, they are looking to Palin, Romney, the Huckster, and anywhere but in the direction of Ron Paul. I wish they were, though.

I think sacrificing his seat in four years would be worth it, because his voice will matter more trying to run as an independant that it will getting the chance to have the opportunity to grill Bernanke and have him squirm out of answering questions.

He and his campaign also made many rookie mistakes last go around, one being that he didn't start early enough. Iowans and New Hampshirites like to see their candidates early and often. He also ran horrible campaign ads, and the few good ones he had were ineffective because they saturated the market. That is one of the big problems with late season moneybombs, the campaign doesn't know what to do with the money, and they wind making too many bad ads, or saturating the market with one good one.

MRoCkEd
11-21-2008, 03:29 PM
When is the earliest a candidate can file for the 2012 election?

stick
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
If he runs I want to know my marching orders in Iowa a year before I am called upon to travel to the state to campaign. Im driving a mother f-in van of crazy idiot Ron Paul conspiracy theorists upto Iowa and unleashing liberty on there unsuspecting azz's like they could never imagine. AMERICA FOCK YEAH!

-lotus-
11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
i knew there was a reason i havent taken off my rp bumper stickers window signs. I am so ready for this

nate895
11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
When is the earliest a candidate can file for the 2012 election?

Next month for the FEC. However, filing to get on the ballot is a different procedure and varies by state.

All cycles start the December after the previous election for that office is held.

DXDoug
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Bout to Put Ron Paul 2012 On my Car that should draw some attention!! hehe seriously.. Should Kick this SHIT OFF !!! Even Harder then the past year or so and with more Love !:D

MRoCkEd
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Next month for the FEC. However, filing to get on the ballot is a different procedure and varies by state.

All cycles start the December after the previous election for that office is held.
Just wondering how soon he can start taking donations.
Imagine if we raised millions for him 3 years before the election.

nate895
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Just wondering how soon he can start taking donations.
Imagine if we raised millions for him 3 years before the election.

Yes, it would help gain cred in the "money primaries" and it would give us extra time to build a donor and volunteer base. If we can dedicate saving 3 years towards the campaign, instead of budgeting for one year, it will greatly increase each individual's ability to contribute. I also hope that Ron Paul will have slates of Congressional candidates for 2010 and 2012 if he runs again.

itshappening
11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I dont have much faith in the people in his campaign, i dont think it's a good idea for him to run again. it'll just get everyones hopes up and then they'll let us down again

do you remember the original ads they had? jesus.

itshappening
11-21-2008, 04:49 PM

Ron could have $100m and the incompetent people around him would find some way to piss it away and lose. sad but true

nate895
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I dont have much faith in the people in his campaign, i dont think it's a good idea for him to run again. it'll just get everyones hopes up and then they'll let us down again

do you remember the original ads they had? jesus.

While I agree that the campaign wasn't run the greatest, I also have to lay some blame on the grassroots because of the weird way that the campaign obtained funds. They got their primary cash infusions just a month or two prior to Iowa. That leads to a bunch of people who have no clue what to do with so much money, which leads to rash decisions to air, either several bad ads, or to saturate the market with one good ad (there simply isn't enough time to make multiple good ones), and prior to that they weren't getting enough cash to pay for a major league campaign staff, let alone major league advertisements and other communications.

MRoCkEd
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Ron could have $100m and the incompetent people around him would find some way to piss it away and lose. sad but true
As Ron mentioned, they were extremely ill-prepared when the money started rolling in.
As I recall, they put forth a $6 million+ direct mail campaign in several states, but it didn't have as strong of an effect after the poor showings in Iowa/NH.
Next time around, they should be better prepared for money infusions and use them immediately in the first two states.

Andrew-Austin
11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I can't imagine how Paul would know whether or not he wanted to run again before 2011..

If we do get word that he wants to run again, could we get the libertarian and constitution parties to stand down and unite behind his campaign?

If the power structure controlling this country is the same in 2012 as it is now, he'd almost definitely wind up as the next JFK. :(

But yeah, we can see it as another campaign for awareness.

nate895
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
As Ron mentioned, they were extremely ill-prepared when the money started rolling in.
As I recall, they put forth a $6 million+ direct mail campaign in several states, but it didn't have as strong of an effect after the poor showings in Iowa/NH.
Next time around, they will be better prepared for money infusions and use them immediately in the first two states.

We also need to give him the money months beforehand. The same thing happened in Lawson's campaign. We gave him more than 50% of his funds in one day a month before the General. The campaign couldn't possibly have prepared for that. What happened was they aired one really good ad.

itshappening
11-21-2008, 05:00 PM
the sad thing is I think he'll probably run for the sake of it, for the people around him as much as anything and to utilize the mailing list

I still don't think it's a good idea though because they're incompetent and we need someone younger and with new ideas/energy

Time for Change
11-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Can we fill the Campaign for Liberty coffers and have Ron use that for the initial launch of his campaign?
Is CFL a PAC?

Indeed we need an infusion of cash (and GOLD) far in advance of any campaign activity.
We need to be certain that RP will indeed run.

If he states that he is running, sign me up and I'll get to work immediately.
I am willing to set up direct deposits from every paycheck to the campaign, because this far in advance, we CAN make a difference if he is running.

The problem I foresee is alienation of people, just like the last campaign, with too much focus on the theories (substantiated or otherwise) that most of the general public is afraid to be associated with publicly.
Many people have thoughts on the 911 issues, but are not in any way willing to publicly state that fact and that fear leads many of them to disassociate themselves from any such public alliance.
It is fear, and justifiably so to some extent.

If we can tone down the theories and focus on the issues or currency, fiscal responsibility, limited government and freedom, we have a better shot.

For the most part most do not really understand the foreign policies we have in place now, but have been beaten about the noggin so much that they think we actually NEED to be so aggressive.
That notion is very hard to correct and in some cases is better left unsaid in favor of gradual introduction to non intervention thinking.

Finally, in this short version of my thoughts, we will have a tremendous mountain to climb if he runs.
This election has proven that there are astronomical numbers of uninformed voters voting emotion rather than issues.
With any luck, the empty rhetoric that the PE used to secure the election will be proven just that.
That could help with the partially aware crowd, but still leaves millions of uninformed people chomping at the bit to vote emotion.

That is where we have our work cut out.
Changing the thinking is hard work and doing so in a way as not to be offensive…well…lets just say it is exercise.

We will be doing lots of frustrating exercise, and we need all the lead time we can get if we are going to make a difference.

That said, I am not afraid of a challenge and I’m ready to serve, sign me up!!

nate895
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Can we fill the Campaign for Liberty coffers and have Ron use that for the initial launch of his campaign?
Is CFL a PAC?

Indeed we need an infusion of cash (and GOLD) far in advance of any campaign activity.
We need to be certain that RP will indeed run.

If he states that he is running, sign me up and I'll get to work immediately.
I am willing to set up direct deposits from every paycheck to the campaign, because this far in advance, we CAN make a difference if he is running.

The problem I foresee is alienation of people, just like the last campaign, with too much focus on the theories (substantiated or otherwise) that most of the general public is afraid to be associated with publicly.
Many people have thoughts on the 911 issues, but are not in any way willing to publicly state that fact and that fear leads many of them to disassociate themselves from any such public alliance.
It is fear, and justifiably so to some extent.

If we can tone down the theories and focus on the issues or currency, fiscal responsibility, limited government and freedom, we have a better shot.

For the most part most do not really understand the foreign policies we have in place now, but have been beaten about the noggin so much that they think we actually NEED to be so aggressive.
That notion is very hard to correct and in some cases is better left unsaid in favor of gradual introduction to non intervention thinking.

Finally, in this short version of my thoughts, we will have a tremendous mountain to climb if he runs.
This election has proven that there are astronomical numbers of uninformed voters voting emotion rather than issues.
With any luck, the empty rhetoric that the PE used to secure the election will be proven just that.
That could help with the partially aware crowd, but still leaves millions of uninformed people chomping at the bit to vote emotion.

That is where we have our work cut out.
Changing the thinking is hard work and doing so in a way as not to be offensive…well…lets just say it is exercise.

We will be doing lots of frustrating exercise, and we need all the lead time we can get if we are going to make a difference.

That said, I am not afraid of a challenge and I’m ready to serve, sign me up!!

CFL isn't a PAC, and even if it was, at most it could donate $5,000, if it donated to five other candidates and has existed for six months. Benton said that they would make a decision by mid-next year, that will give them enough time to raise money.

Time for Change
11-21-2008, 06:35 PM
CFL isn't a PAC, and even if it was, at most it could donate $5,000, if it donated to five other candidates and has existed for six months. Benton said that they would make a decision by mid-next year, that will give them enough time to raise money.

Keep us posted...I'll be the first to sign up.

Jeremy
11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I can't imagine how Paul would know whether or not he wanted to run again before 2011..

If we do get word that he wants to run again, could we get the libertarian and constitution parties to stand down and unite behind his campaign?

If the power structure controlling this country is the same in 2012 as it is now, he'd almost definitely wind up as the next JFK. :(

But yeah, we can see it as another campaign for awareness.

they did that in 2008...

Number19
11-21-2008, 06:53 PM
If we do get word that he wants to run again, could we get the libertarian and constitution parties to stand down and unite behind his campaign?...I'm just one guy offering his opinion, but as a lifetime member of the LP, I'll say that the LP would support Ron Paul.

Cinderella
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
woot woot!! bump!

t0rnado
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
If we want Ron Paul to win in 2012, we have to sink the GOP by 2010. We need to get every last one of the idiotic chairman out of office. If we crush all of the roaches in the GOP, Ron Paul will win in 2012.

The religious right and the neocons have to be kicked out of the party before Ron Paul or any other libertarian can ever win the nomination. Those two groups have raped the GOP since Reagan started pandering to them. The insecure morons who think they're patriotic because they hail the flag or 'support' the troops need to be thrown out of the GOP.

A line has to be drawn and people have to be shown that the current GOP isn't conservative before Ron Paul can win.

Flirple
11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
The only other person I could see both appealing to a diverse coalition AND evoking the level of passion that Ron did would be Judge Andrew Napolitano running as a Republican. If he doesn't want to do it, then Ron Paul is the only thing that will cause a sizable stir in the next presidential election cycle. Anyone else will be a step to the side or even a step back instead of a step forward.

Bombs away!

$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, if we knew sometime next year that Ron or the Judge was going to run then we could immediately plan an epic money bomb that would really turn heads going into the first debate. This would let the campaign really hit the ground running instead of begging and pleading to be allowed into the early debates, forums, interviews, etc.

trey4sports
11-21-2008, 07:53 PM
another thing to remember is that (on average) the amount of people currently using the internet to get information is suppose to double ever four years for the next 20 years (cant remember the source) so our numbers on the internet could certainly play a larger role in 2012

jrich4rpaul
11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
He needs to run. He opened millions of eyes and broke major records in 2008, imagine what he could do next time with the momentum he has now.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm just one guy offering his opinion, but as a lifetime member of the LP, I'll say that the LP would support Ron Paul.

god i hope so.

I'm hoping that all of the 3rd parties would consider rallying behind Paul. It's definitely possible, as he reaches accross the aisle.

he mentioned Kucinich as a possible running mate during the primaries, he appeared on CNN with Nader to discuss why people shouldn't vote for the 2 parties. He is responsible for uniting all 3rd party candidates (except Barr) at a conference.

Hopefully he has earned the respect of those who ideologically disagree with him. It isn't about idealogies anymore, it's about stopping these criminals from taking over!

2_Thumbs_Up
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Ron is so convinced of the ideas that he will run as long as he feels he has the support. Be sure to make him know you want him to run.

Magsec
11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
A final stand for liberty behind a man who might be on his last legs in 2012? Sign me up!

coffeewithchess
11-21-2008, 10:53 PM
If he runs again, and wastes more than $30 million dollars to end up promoting a book, I'm going to be ticked off again...but if he runs and actually is trying to win, and I volunteer time at his campaign office and actually see workers working, that will be a different story. For him to run again and for me to support him, I would have to see him as serious and actually wanting to be President for CHANGE. More than $30 million raised, yet not one single national campaign ad to raise awareness about anything...only crappy quality commercials like in NH. If Lew Moore is anywhere in his campaign, I won't donate one penny to the campaign...same with Jesse Benton, I don't care if he is part of the family now.

s35wf
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
he has a "name" across the country now. he is much more well known, if he had a well known strong vp, we might just have a chance.
Paul/Ventura 2012
:)

coffeewithchess
11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
he has a "name" across the country now. he is much more well known, if he had a well known strong vp, we might just have a chance.
Paul/Ventura 2012

How about Sanford/Paul 2012.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Paul/Ventura 2012

Hell Yea, that's the ticket i want!

s35wf
11-21-2008, 11:02 PM
im thinking sanford is a neocon. from what ive read if not paul/ventura, paul/jackson or someone else in vp spot

besides ventura has the name & the strength to backup paul. i think they would make a winning team.

Paul/Ventura 2012 :)

ClockwiseSpark
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
How about Sanford/Paul 2012.

I won't be touching anything that has to do with Sanford.

Andrew Ryan
11-21-2008, 11:10 PM
ZOMG SHUTUP HES NOT GONNA RUN LOL :rolleyes:;)

MRoCkEd
11-22-2008, 01:46 PM
If he announced a run, how much do you think his first moneybomb would raise?

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 01:53 PM

not much to be honest.

I think we would odds are want to make sure the money gets used effectively and the best way that happened was when we did our grassroots efforts versus official campaign efforts.

If we had 20 million to use "grassroots style" we would have been able to canvass the entire u.s. 2-3 times over I think.

I would use the money to build up a grassroots base versus votes. Then use the grassroots effort to get the boots on the streets and get the voters.

I would also suggest that people don't run around looking like ron paul threw up on them, their cars and so on but rather look like an "Average Joe" that "Joe Public" would be able to relate with.

RickyJ
11-22-2008, 02:03 PM

About 1 million. If Ron Paul was serious about running his time was this year, not 2012. Benton wants him to run so he can have a job, I don't blame him for that. But Ron has no intentions of running again. He made that quite clear when chose to remain in the Republican party and ridicule 9/11 truthers.

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 02:11 PM
About 1 million. If Ron Paul was serious about running his time was this year, not 2012. Benton wants him to run so he can have a job, I don't blame him for that. But Ron has no intentions of running again. He made that quite clear when chose to remain in the Republican party and ridicule 9/11 truthers.

Where should Ron Paul go besides the republican party? He is a republican. Why should HE leave when the party has lost its way? He should stay and we should help him take it back versus starting YET ANOTHER insignificant party that has and will possibly never win an election anytime soon.

no comment on the 9-11 stuff

heavenlyboy34
11-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Where should Ron Paul go besides the republican party? He is a republican. Why should HE leave when the party has lost its way? He should stay and we should help him take it back versus starting YET ANOTHER insignificant party that has and will possibly never win an election anytime soon.

He's a lifetime member of the LP. ;):D

Natalie
11-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Ron should definitely run again. Even if he doesn't win, do you know how many more people we can wake up? Our numbers will grow exponentially. People are frustrated with the GOP, so this perfect timing.

coffeewithchess
11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Ron should definitely run again. Even if he doesn't win, do you know how many more people we can wake up? Our numbers will grow exponentially. People are frustrated with the GOP, so this perfect timing.

Again, if RP runs again, he better actually be trying to win. Lew Moore and Jesse Benton had better not have anything to do with the campaign.

constitutional
11-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't care he's old or if he viable to win. If Ron Paul runs again, I'll have a reason to make a lot of nosie... a reason to go out and educate... a reason to keep on fighting.

Live_Free_Or_Die
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
nt

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't care he's old or if he viable to win. If Ron Paul runs again, I'll have a reason to make a lot of nosie... a reason to go out and educate... a reason to keep on fighting.

I don't see him giving up the fight either.

RickyJ
11-22-2008, 08:34 PM

Reagan left the Democrat party when they lost their way. Regan proclaimed he didn't really leave the Democrat party, they left him. Well the Republican party has left Ron Paul, he has no shot as a Republican, none.

If you have no comment on 9/11 then why say anything about it?

kaleidoscope eyes
11-23-2008, 06:04 AM
Things that make you say, Hmmmmmm bump

Shadow of a Doubt
11-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Leaving the Democrats for the Republicans is not the same as going third party. Remember that third parties are legally handicapped, and not merely unpopular.

If Ron Paul has no chance in the Republican party then he'll have less chance in a third party. Third party runs have made little to no progress in decades (including when Paul ran as a libertarian); compare that to how much we accomplished with one Republican run. If he runs third party then he'll get no attention at all, but at least as a Republican Paul got to be in the debates and was noticed in spite of attempted marginalization, because the media couldn't ignore him completely without ignoring the other Republicans as well. The results speak for themselves.

DXDoug
12-11-2008, 07:08 PM
i hope he does