PDA

View Full Version : draft Schiff

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-21-2008, 01:06 AM
First, to preface: I'm having a bit of an internal conflict with the whole presidential race thing. I'm caught between my introduction to Ron Paul and never in a million years thinking I'd see that in front a national audience, and the later revelation that the political machine as a whole needs to be rethought.

Of course, my enthusiasm came well before I realized he never intended to become president.

But for now, the election junkie (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/election.png) in me wins over.

I've been thinking about Gary Johnson (not in a sexual way or anything), and how, despite his great policies, I doubt he could captivate an audience.

Schiff seems to have a little more strength in this department, though, and others can only succeed by shouting him down.

Has Peter said anything about a potential presidential, senatorial, gubernatorial, or congressional office run?

If not, or if he's open to it, I think I'd rather devote my time to a Schiff draft of some sort. What, I don't know.

lodge939
11-21-2008, 01:41 AM
He said he wouldn't do any good in congress because it would just be 2 Ron Pauls instead of 1.

He said he'd love to work at Treasury or something if a liberty candidate could get elected, but he doubted he'd run himself because of his background. (his father I guess)

Someone asked him on his radio show. Think it was the 12th of november

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-21-2008, 01:49 AM
alright, that's more or less what I was looking for

some sort of concentrated push to get a liberty candidate to promise him such a position.

No1ButPaul08
11-21-2008, 01:50 AM
He said he wouldn't do any good in congress because it would just be 2 Ron Pauls instead of 1.

He said he'd love to work at Treasury or something if a liberty candidate could get elected, but he doubted he'd run himself because of his background. (his father I guess)

Someone asked him on his radio show. Think it was the 12th of november

Haha it was my brother who called in and asked him. Someone has made that into a youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWBUYTUcBjI

JVParkour
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I was just contemplating this, Shiff running for pres, and i think its a great idea. What is wrong with his background?

Josh_LA
12-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Nigga I'm down for Schiff!

Call Me V
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
What kind of background does he have??

:confused:

lodge939
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
What kind of background does he have??

:confused:His father is in jail for 13 years for income tax protesting.

DXDoug
12-11-2008, 07:13 PM
His father is in jail for 13 years for income tax protesting.

sounds like some one we can really get behind :D

haaaylee
12-29-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah i like the idea of him as a cabinet position. it seems more fitting. whoever our liberty candidate is, they need to keep schiff in mind. anything dealing with economics, obviously.

bojo68
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I like the idea of Peter Schiff for pres, and ESPECIALLY a presidential pardon for Irwin Schiff....:) If Obama can do it, nobody can convince Peter can't....

dr. hfn
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
johnson/goldwater

thasre
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
johnson/goldwater

That would be a rather ironic Republican ticket, wouldn't it?

(cf. 1964)