PDA

View Full Version : HuckaChuck on Pajamas TV Explaining His Distate for Libertarians

Knightskye
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=video&media-id=2530&video-id=824&video-title=PJTV_Nov._19th_-_Huckabee%2C_Dr._Helen_%26_Instapundit&series-name=1_Pajamas_TV

Interview with Huck starts around 7:00.

"When Libertarians say that they're more conservative than traditional Republicans, that's when it becomes worse than liberals."

"We can't reduce government and cut taxes without also understanding that a lot of the cost of government is related to the family and individual responsibility."

"How many police officers are we going take off the street?"

"The best government is self-government."

Huck seems to contradict himself halfway through sentences. He thinks cutting spending on the federal level would take cops off the street. Or at least he uses that to try to scare people.

And Huck makes clear that he doesn't want the government or gay people raising your kids.

TheConstitutionLives
11-20-2008, 10:51 PM
"We can't reduce government and cut taxes without also understanding that a lot of the cost of government is related to the family and individual responsibility."

- That statement is an oxymoron. Huck may mean well but he doesn't GET IT. Hardly any of these clowns GET IT. Paul GETS IT.

Andrew-Austin
11-20-2008, 10:58 PM

What the fuck? :confused:

Gertie
11-20-2008, 11:22 PM

W. T. F.

that was not something I needed to read just after a 10 hour car drive. I can feel the headlight tension headache returning. Ugh.

Kotin
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
If that man were to get caught in a bear trap, I would ponder whether to just leave him.

HOLLYWOOD
11-21-2008, 12:32 AM
If that man were to get caught in a bear trap, I would ponder whether to just leave him.

I'd pure Honey on him and say... Enjoy the sweet gift the lord has given you.

I think everyone has had enough of the: Pandering, Plageristic, Lazy Eye Preacher!

Have enough hispanic illegal immigrants enter and the Huckleberry , can wield his Sword & Cross for his Kenneth Copeland new millineum Spanish Inquisition.

Yes, I think we all have had enough of the Dentally Disabled Turkey Sub Jarod of SubWay Politics.

Go back to your Evangelical Euphoria Huckster!

Kotin
11-21-2008, 12:40 AM

I think everyone has had enough of the: Pandering, Plageristic, Lazy Eye Preacher!

Have enough hispanic illegal immigrants enter and the Huckleberry , can wield his Sword & Cross for his Kenneth Copeland new millineum Spanish Inquisition.

Yes, I think we all have had enough of the Dentally Disabled Turkey Sub Jarod of SubWay Politics.

Go back to your Evangelical Euphoria Huckster!

amen.

moostraks
11-21-2008, 07:18 AM
and how long until our resident neo-cons come in to defend him? Since when is the police department a federal division or is that just part of Huck's plan for expanded domestic spying?

How in the world can you say the best government is self-government and then push for a bunch of federal regulations on social issues??

The man is a disgrace to christians. If I have to endure another primary season of his sick sense of humor I may become certifiably insane...Maybe we can send him hunting with Palin and see which one makes it back but they will probably just compare notes...

Elwar
11-21-2008, 07:18 AM
What got me was hearing him on NPR yesterday (ya, I know...). He and the host pretty much implied that Mitt Romney was a libertarian in Republican clothing.

Mitt Romney being a libertarian is like Mike Huckabee being a libertarian.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
YOu have a problem with Christians...that's the bottom line. You are haters of Christians. There is not ONE thing that Huckabee said in that interview that was not constitutional. You people just dispise christians. I find you a bunch of closed minded nuts. You need to work on your OWN LITMUS tests as far as religion goes. He was SPOT on ...in everything he said. I wonder about your ability to reason...or if you just automatically shut down his words because you know he is a Christian minister. Foolish people. Tones

heavenlyboy34
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
YOu have a problem with Christians...that's the bottom line. You are haters of Christians. There is not ONE thing that Huckabee said in that interview that was not constitutional. You people just dispise christians. I find you a bunch of closed minded nuts. You need to work on your OWN LITMUS tests as far as religion goes. He was SPOT on ...in everything he said. I wonder about your ability to reason...or if you just automatically shut down his words because you know he is a Christian minister. Foolish people. Tones

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” -Ghandi :D;)

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 10:08 AM
You know that you are dealing with a pro STATIST Huckster and apologist, when ANY less government is suggested, immediately is met with the knee-jerk "fewer cops" bogus canard.

Like the other 99.9% of the corrupt goverment BS is just automatically OFF the discussion table. :p :rolleyes:

What a pathetic loon? < GAG! >

Kilrain
11-21-2008, 10:16 AM

Oh stop it, most members on this board are Christian. Ron Paul is a Christian, heck, he doesn't believe in evolution, and guess what, no one cares, because he's not a crusader that feels obligated to impose his values regarding everything on others.

People on this board don't hate Christians. They hate tyrants, and Huckabee has shown a tyrannical streak a mile wide. I'm sure he's "a nice guy"* and all, but he's still a would-be tyrant, even if he doesn't realize it.

Posted by a Christian.

*I don't know why I wrote that, trying to be nice I guess :). My honest opinion is that he's a fake and a snake-oil salesman.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
No YOU have decided huckabee is a tyrant. Closed minds...non compromising. I saw absolutly NOTHING wrong with what Mike Huckabee said in that interview. When he said "less police" ..what i understood him to mean is that we can't have less police unless there is a moral society and more individual responsibility. I saw nothing wrong with what he said . He flat out said morality should not be legislated. Go listen again. He said strong families, who live by moral codes are better for society and it can be and should be done through education. i would say PARENTS educating their children. I find NOthing wrong wiht it. He is for parents choosing how to educate their children...do you not agree with that? Does Ron Paul not agree with that? I don't know what you are hearing..but it certainly isn't what i am hearing. i do not fear christians. That's the difference...and i could care less if i am popular on this forum..therefore I'm not subscribing to the rampant GROUPTHINK. TOnes

JoshLowry
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
He was SPOT on ...in everything he said. I wonder about your ability to reason...

I think you'd be better off here: http://www.hucksarmy.com

Freedom is the answer, not fake "conservatism."

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM

I'm shouldn't say this, but.... :D

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM
No YOU have decided huckabee is a tyrant. Closed minds...non compromising. I saw absolutly NOTHING wrong with what Mike Huckabee said in that interview. When he said "less police" ..what i understood him to mean is that we can't have less police unless there is a moral society and more individual responsibility. I saw nothing wrong with what he said . He flat out said morality should not be legislated. Go listen again. He said strong families, who live by moral codes are better for society and it can be and should be done through education. i would say PARENTS educating their children. I find NOthing wrong wiht it. He is for parents choosing how to educate their children...do you not agree with that? Does Ron Paul not agree with that? I don't know what you are hearing..but it certainly isn't what i am hearing. i do not fear christians. That's the difference...and i could care less if i am popular on this forum..therefore I'm not subscribing to the rampant GROUPTHINK. TOnes
WHAT? Read it again, Tones. He makes absolutely no sense at all.

"When Libertarians say that they're more conservative than traditional Republicans, that's when it becomes worse than liberals."
What becomes worse? He doesn't appear to realize that traditional conservatism IS libertarian-conservatism. Tones, don't you realize that a large number of traditional conservatives' principles are exactly the same as libertarians? Who do you think started the Libertarian Party, anyway? It was disaffected CONSERVATIVES.

Again.... WHAT? What cost of the government is related to individual responsibility??? lol. The whole idea of individual responsibility is that you are responsible for YOURSELF and don't need government to be your nanny.

"How many police officers are we going take off the street?"
The federal government does not fund police officers.

"The best government is self-government."
Yes. He's right on this and it is exactly what we have been saying. However, the whole idea of self-government is that you do it for yourself; you don't need big government to govern the majority of what goes on.

All it looks like to me, is that Huckabee has read a book or something to attempt to get a few soundbytes and he has absolutely no clue what he read.

PhantomSTi
11-21-2008, 10:39 AM

My pastor is a libertarian, is he a nut too?

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Well Josh..maybe you are right. It's not so much huckabee per se...it is a realization that if he is talking about libertarian type issues...and he has the best chance to put them forth...the message is still gettin out isn't it? No matter WHO is talking the talk, and I am inclined to believe that because huckabee has a tv show on fox news...he might be able to get this across to more republicans..who need to hear it..whether he is being false or not...the message rings true. I have given up on foreign policy because it is clearly controlled by the bankers and corporations. i am focusing on domestic issues, like the IRS and returning to the constitution, less taxes...I love Ron Paul but is he the only one who can put this message across? I think it is GReAT that huckabee has picked up on a lot of Ron Paulisms..and we should use it to our advantage. How is that hurting anything? Did you listen to his interview? Tones

angelatc
11-21-2008, 10:46 AM
a lot of the cost of government is related .....individual responsibility."

uh, yeah! Ok Mike, thanks.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Liberty eagle? read what? I was referring to the interview on the video that was posted. tones

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Well let me ask you this. If individuals are not being morally responsible, and it hurts others ...does that require more or less police to make sure they do so? Tones

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Liberty eagle? read what? I was referring to the interview on the video that was posted. tones

Did you see the quotes from that interview? That is what I was responding to.

I'll go listen to the actual interview though.

Rangeley
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
it is a realization that if he is talking about libertarian type issues...and he has the best chance to put them forth...the message is still gettin out isn't it?
He isn't talking about libertarian issues, he is dismissing the concept of individual responsibility and self government as utopian. Instead, he argues that we need a government to look after us, because we are incapable of taking care of ourselves.

That argument always brings this quote to mind:

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? ~Reagan

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Well let me ask you this. If individuals are not being morally responsible, and it hurts others ...does that require more or less police to make sure they do so? Tones

First of all, the federal government is not who hires police.

I really wish you'd get away from this term "morally responsible", because some are going to take that a lot differently than you probably mean it. If you mean things like killing and stealing, well yes, I personally think we need police to enforce those laws, but again, they are not hired at the federal level.

Tones, when government types know that the people want to reduce the size of government, they always try to put the fear into people by mentioning that we would lose those services that we most want. Remember back during Clinton's administration (I think it was Clinton's), when the Congress didn't pass the budget and there was all this fear-mongering by the government that something dire would happen? The first things they shut down were tourist attractions in D.C. and I remember all kinds of sad sack stories in the paper about how Dick and Jane had spent all their savings to travel to D.C. to take Junior to see things like the Smithsonian and lo and behold it was closed. :rolleyes: OH PUHLEEEESE.

That is all this is, Tones. Huckabee is bought and paid for and he is a wannabe and quite willing to sing whatever tune his masters want him to sing. Clearly, the idea of returning to our constitutional roots is scaring the bejeezus out of them, because they fully realize that it will catch on with the people. That is, once we figure out how to communicate the message effectively. People like Huckabee are there to skew the message and head us off at the pass. That's what Fred Thompson was put there to do too. Don't let them fool you.

Cleaner44
11-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Tones, you are a moron.

Huck pretends to follow Reagan, but he is for big govt, a police state, high taxes and govt intervention in our personal lives. Then he implies he believes in self govt!!! Fuckin' Neocons are so far from being conservative that it is absurd.

Huck is in no way fiscally conservative. The only conservative thing about Huck is the socially conservative part and that it complete govt intervention in our personal lives. That is hardly conservative in my book but I understand it is conservative to some people.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Rangley..he said nothing of the kind. please go listen again.

I started talking about a moral society...and moral politicians when I heard this speech. I believe this to be true..please watch it..and listen to the words of this gentleman. He absolutely says there must be individual responsibility, moral society and moral politicans. he also referred to the founders that shared this philosophy. I want to see if you agree with this fellow? He talks about a moral society around 9:55. Id' like to hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa8LwPWYGDc

MRoCkEd
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey Huck - why don't you have Dr. Paul on your show and tell him face to face that you're more conservative than him?

reduen
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Not sure what anybody has to gripe about in this interview...? My problem with Huck is that he took so many cheap shots at the good Dr. during the campaigns. I am afraid that the Huckster does not really believe what he says he does. (His actions do not fit his words..) He and Dr. Paul should be best buddies given what he says..

Arklatex
11-21-2008, 11:12 AM
My mother went to school with the huckster, my grandfather attended the church he preached at, I own a home in the state he governed. Trust me, if you think Mike Huckabee is advancing the cause of liberty then you - not everyone else - are posting in the wrong forums.

listen to paul's and hucks exchange in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtL3NIcAvU

I wish I could find a paper he once wrote on international trade, I send it to ya. he is a fascist economic moron period. Christianity has nothing to do with this.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:14 AM
reduen..well, i consider that just campaign baloney. huckabee flat out stated just recently he has a great deal of respect for Ron Paul...and he considers Ron Paul the most consistant of anyone. I thought it was a great interview and reflected so many of Ron Pauls ideas. sigh. I'm just not that closed minded to write people off. tones

Elwar
11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
...it is a realization that if he is talking about libertarian type issues...and he has the best chance to put them forth...the message is still gettin out isn't it? No matter WHO is talking the talk

Talking the talk is one thing, but that's why Ron Paul got so much grassroots support. Because he has walked the walk for the past 30 years. Huckabee has walked the walk of a big spending liberal during his time in office.

If I were to kill 20 people and then use the national attention I receive for being such a huge murderer to talk about how murder is bad...would you be happy that at least the message that murder is bad is out there? No matter WHO is talking the talk?

reduen
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
reduen..well, i consider that just campaign baloney. huckabee flat out stated just recently he has a great deal of respect for Ron Paul...and he considers Ron Paul the most consistant of anyone. I thought it was a great interview and reflected so many of Ron Pauls ideas. sigh. I'm just not that closed minded to write people off. tones

Where did you see that Huck said this? I would love to see this...

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
You may be right ...but huckabee is talking the talk...the republicans who listen to him...might get more of Ron Paul's message...i consider it very important to the movement that huckabee is speaking like this. I agree, he and Ron Paul should be best friends...I am for whatever means to spread the message..it's the MESSAGE that is important. He might reach some that wouldn't listen to Ron Paul...but the message is still valid. tones

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
reduen...i have to go look for it..someone posted it here the other day,...i'll try to find it. Tones

reduen
11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
My mother went to school with the huckster, my grandfather attended the church he preached at, I own a home in the state he governed. Trust me, if you think Mike Huckabee is advancing the cause of liberty then you - not everyone else - are posting in the wrong forums.

listen to paul's and hucks exchange in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtL3NIcAvU

I wish I could find a paper he once wrote on international trade, I send it to ya. he is a fascist economic moron period. Christianity has nothing to do with this.

You can find the paper you are talking about at the Council On Foreign Relations site.... (This is another example of him flopping around on topics...)

reduen
11-21-2008, 11:25 AM
reduen...i have to go look for it..someone posted it here the other day,...i'll try to find it. Tones

Cool, I gotta see this... As a side note, you said above that you just considered that "camapign baloney", I ask you did the good Dr. behave in this manner?

If you were to go by their actions, which would you consider Christian in this matter? Dr. Paul or Huckabee?

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Before I get singed by hot and angry mail from Ron Paul disciples, I want to be emphatic in stating my sincere respect for Congressman Paul. I was convinced that he at least had genuine convictions and was willing to stand by them and on them no matter what the audience--a lot more than I could say for some of the candidates who could change positions as easily as Cher can change costumes in one of her many farewell tours.

That is the huckabee quote..tones

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
You may be right ...but huckabee is talking the talk...the republicans who listen to him...might get more of Ron Paul's message...i consider it very important to the movement that huckabee is speaking like this. I agree, he and Ron Paul should be best friends...I am for whatever means to spread the message..it's the MESSAGE that is important. He might reach some that wouldn't listen to Ron Paul...but the message is still valid. tones

No, he's skewing the message. No one would come out of his blather knowing anything about the principles of self-government, individual liberty, etc. He makes no sense.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Before I get singed by hot and angry mail from Ron Paul disciples, I want to be emphatic in stating my sincere respect for Congressman Paul. I was convinced that he at least had genuine convictions and was willing to stand by them and on them no matter what the audience--a lot more than I could say for some of the candidates who could change positions as easily as Cher can change costumes in one of her many farewell tours.

That is the huckabee quote..tones

Ok, that's great. But, he certainly didn't say he agreed with Ron's principles.

NEPA_Revolution
11-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Huckabee is a member of the Republican Party. 99% of the party heads are POLITICIANS. Huckabee is a politician, he is saying what he has to at this point in time. Ron Paul is a STATESMAN. He is unwavering and steadfast in his beliefs and will only change his tune if he is factually incorrect.

moostraks
11-21-2008, 11:30 AM

I dislike people who abuse a title by claiming affiliation with a philosophy they cannot seem to grasp. Look into Huck's background and you will find he isn't quite the saint or honest person you would like for us to believe he is, or maybe you are aware of this but think someone should say "I am Christian" and they should get a pass?

Christian discernment would do you well.

Acts 20:30Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them

Romans 16:18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people

2 Peter 2:2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they
have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

"With them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which says: 'You shall indeed hear but never understand, and you shall indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are heavy of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should perceive with their eyes and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn to me to heal them.' But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears, for they hear." (Matthew 13: 14-16)

Rangeley
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM

Are you trying to claim Mike Huckabee does not want to legislate his morality on issues such as drugs, and marriage, onto others? That he wants to leave that as an issue of personal responsibility and self government?

I started talking about a moral society...and moral politicians when I heard this speech. I believe this to be true..please watch it..and listen to the words of this gentleman. He absolutely says there must be individual responsibility, moral society and moral politicans. he also referred to the founders that shared this philosophy. I want to see if you agree with this fellow? He talks about a moral society around 9:55. Id' like to hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa8LwPWYGDc
I think there should be a moral society, too. That's why I want the government out of it.

You may be right ...but huckabee is talking the talk..
It's not talking the talk to say we need to rely on the government to tell us what is moral and what is not.

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I agree..Ron Paul is one of a kind. If he rubs off on some of these other guys...all the better. If huckabee is taking up the torch and republicans listen to him...fine and dandy. Whatever it takes to pull the people back to sanity. tones

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Rangeley..did you watch either of those videos? huckabee emphatically said he was NOT for the government legislating morality. if you watch those two videos...you might see a connection with two men. tones

Elwar
11-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Sean Hannity always talks about how conservatives are for small government and personal responsibility, he sucks in the conservatives to the point that they believe that he believes in his rhetoric. Then when he disses Ron Paul at a critical point in the campaign, those that had been listening to Hannity for so long thinking he was for small government will follow his lead and attack Ron Paul because they don't know any better.

A wolf in sheeps clothing is still a wolf, and to encourage him to wear sheeps clothing because having the appearance of more sheep is somehow better is a horrible outlook on things.

aravoth
11-21-2008, 11:35 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/aravoth/FAIL-1.gif

No need to be a shithead because other's don't support a guy that works to get murdering rapists out of Jail in his spare time. Yeah I know, he's a forgiving religious person, who can blame him for "talking the talk" right? Problem is, psychopaths don't give a shit about your fucking charity. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/10/14/huckabee_could_face_hurdles_from_the_past/

Here's to you Mike.....

LibertyEagle
11-21-2008, 11:37 AM
http://soldierservant.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/christians-need-to-beware-of-mike-huckabee/

President and Founder of Eagle Forum, Phyllis Schlafly, said this
about Governor Huckabee: “He destroyed the conservative movement in
Arkansas, and left the Republican Party a shambles.” She went on to
say, “Yet some of the same evangelicals who sold us on George W. Bush
as a ‘compassionate conservative’ are now trying to sell us on Mike
Huckabee.”

Even one of Huckabee’s strongest supporters within the Religious
Right, Pastor Rick Scarborough, head of Vision America, admitted,
“Mike has always sought the validation of elites.” Of course, my
question for Rick Scarborough is, With an indictment such as that, how
can you continue to support Mike Huckabee?

According to an opinion piece written by John Fund in the Wall Street
Journal, “Paul Pressler, a former Texas judge who led the conservative
Southern Baptist revolt, told me, ‘I know of no conservative he
[Huckabee] appointed while he headed the Arkansas Baptist
Convention.’”

Fund went on to say that “Mr. Huckabee’s reluctance to surround
himself with conservatives was evident as governor, when he kept many
agency heads appointed by Bill Clinton.”

Fund also said this about Huckabee: “‘He’s just like Bill Clinton in
that he practices management by news cycle,’ a former top Huckabee
aide told me. ‘As with Clinton there was no long-term planning, just
putting out fires on a daily basis. One thing I’ll guarantee is that
won’t lead to competent conservative governance.’”

Mike Huckabee is also terrible on immigration. According to Jim
Boulet, Jr., executive director of English First, “Rudy Giuliani spent
years defending the right of New York City to remain a sanctuary for
illegal aliens. Yet Giuliani was a veritable Lou Dobbs Jr. on illegal
immigration in comparison to Mike Huckabee.”

Regarding Huckabee’s stance on immigration, Mr. Minton said, “Until of
late, he has been an open-borders guy on immigration–amnesty, the
whole works. As governor, he wanted to give free college scholarships
to all illegals.”

Minton’s assertion is backed up by Daniel Larison at The American
Conservative. He said, “Like his fellow presidential candidate [who
recently dropped out of the race], Sen. Sam Brownback, Huckabee
regards it as his Christian duty to help subvert and liberalize U.S.
immigration laws. Together, they embrace the notion that fidelity to
the Gospel requires privileging the interests of non-citizens over
those of fellow citizens.”

Ann Coulter agrees: “On illegal immigration, Huckabee makes George
Bush sound like Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO). Huckabee has compared
illegal aliens to slaves brought here in chains from Africa, saying,
‘I think, frankly, the Lord is giving us a second chance to do better
than we did before.’

“Toward that end, when an Arkansas legislator introduced a bill that
would prevent illegal aliens from voting and receiving state benefits,
Huckabee denounced the bill, saying it would rile up ‘those who are
racist and bigots.’

“He also made the insane point that companies such as Toyota would not
invest in Arkansas if the state didn’t allow non-citizens to vote,
because it would ’send the message that, essentially, “If you don’t
look like us, talk like us and speak like us, we don’t want you.”‘

“Like all the (other) Democratic candidates for President, he supports
a federal law to ban smoking–unless you’re an illegal alien smoking
at a Toyota plant.”

A former state lawmaker, Minton also said, that Huckabee was not a
“fiscally conservative Republican.” Rather, Huckabee was regarded as
just another liberal “tax and spender” in fiscal matters. This is in
direct opposition to Huckabee’s boast of “90 tax cuts during his
tenure.” And the facts seem to validate Minton, not Huckabee.

An Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration report showed a
“net tax increase of $505 million, a figure adjusted for inflation and
economic growth” on Huckabee’s watch.

That Huckabee is a liberal “tax and spender” is also affirmed by Tom
Roeser. According to Roeser, “[Huckabee] hiked state spending 65.3%,
from 1996 to 2004. He supported five tax increases, leading the ‘Club
for Growth’ to call him a liberal in disguise . . .”

Roeser also points out that “The Cato Institute, a libertarian think
tank with heavy ties to the national GOP, gives him an F grade for
spending and taxes in 2006 and an overall grade of D in his
governorship. During his tenure, the number of state employees
increased over 20% and Arkansas’ general obligation debt rose by
almost $1 billion.”

Furthermore, according to the Washington Times, “Until recently, he
[Huckabee] had refused to sign the famous no-tax pledge offered to
candidates by Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform.”

In spite of Huckabee’s proven big-government, big-spending, and
pro-amnesty record, however, some Christian conservatives are falling
for his conservative rhetoric. It seems that all a Republican
candidate has to do is start talking “pro-life” and “pro-marriage” and
he or she will gain the support of certain Christian conservatives.

First it was Bob Jones, III endorsing the liberal former governor of
Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, and now it is Janet Folger endorsing the
liberal former governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee. Why any Christian
leader would want to support a man with such a dubious record truly
escapes me.

Christians need to beware of Mike Huckabee. He is not a conservative.
Even worse, he is not a constitutionalist. He is an opportunist,
however. This is demonstrated by the fact that many of his supporters
are openly posturing (with Huckabee’s consent, obviously) for an
opportunity to run Huckabee as a potential Vice Presidential candidate
with either Giuliani or Romney at the top of the ticket.

Let me ask the reader something. How could a principled pro-life,
pro-Second Amendment, pro-Constitution conservative be willing to run
on a ticket with a liberal presidential candidate such as Rudy
Giuliani or Mitt Romney? That’s right, he couldn’t.

I say again, beware of Mike Huckabee!

reduen
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
i dislike people who abuse a title by claiming affiliation with a philosophy they cannot seem to grasp. Look into huck's background and you will find he isn't quite the saint or honest person you would like for us to believe he is, or maybe you are aware of this but think someone should say "i am christian" and they should get a pass?

Christian discernment would do you well.

Acts 20:30even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them

romans 16:18for such people are not serving our lord christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people

2 peter 2:2many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3in their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they
have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

"with them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of isaiah which says: 'you shall indeed hear but never understand, and you shall indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are heavy of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should perceive with their eyes and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn to me to heal them.' but blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears, for they hear." (matthew 13: 14-16)

+ 70 x 7...!

tonesforjonesbones
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Ron Paul said in his speech..Rally for the Republic...that limited government depends on a MORAL SOCIETY and MORAL POLITICANS..that is when I started on the moral society business...if you don't believe me...go watch him say it HIMSELF. He also said INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY and huckabee said the same damn thing. sigh...you don't even listen to your own LEADER but I DO. tones (I posted the link above of Ron Paul saying exactly that..9:55..go get some truth)

dannno
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I have given up on foreign policy because it is clearly controlled by the bankers and corporations. i am focusing on domestic issues, like the IRS and returning to the constitution, less taxes...

....and how do you propose to do that without cutting our overseas military spending??

Ron Paul has said over and over and over and over and over and over again that it is our foreign policy spending that is destroying our country..Not to mention, as a Christian, you should have a much more difficult time justifying allowing your tax dollars to go towards killing innocent people than going out to helping poor people in our own country. That is the LAST thing Ron Paul wants to cut, is help to poor people who have become dependent.. The FIRST thing he wants to cut is military spending. Your priorities are completely opposite of Ron Paul..so get 'em straight and dump that Palin character.

That's why Ron Paul attracted so many people from across the aisle, because people feel they have a moral obligation to stop their tax dollars from killing innocent people. As a Christian, do you not feel you have that moral obligation? Because I know plenty of non-Christians socialists who do.. and they actually have their priorities more in line with Ron Paul than you do, at this point.

Kotin
11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Rangeley..did you watch either of those videos? huckabee emphatically said he was NOT for the government legislating morality. if you watch those two videos...you might see a connection with two men. tones

hey tones... once again..

mike huckabee may speak of not legislating morality..

but he was adamantly pushing a constitutional amendment to define marriage, and hes a drug warrior.

!??!!?

get it through your head.. he is NO ally! I dont give a shit what he says, I see what he has done and still does.

"you will know them by their fruits"

moostraks
11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree..Ron Paul is one of a kind. If he rubs off on some of these other guys...all the better. If huckabee is taking up the torch and republicans listen to him...fine and dandy. Whatever it takes to pull the people back to sanity. tones

He isn't taking up the torch. He is trying to dupe the unsuspecting into believing he is something he is not because he knows that ron paul has maintained a following of people. He was pretty smooth at picking up the talking points but has no grasp of the subject matter. Even a cursory view of the few quotes posted indicate such.

You explain how you can say you believe the best government is self-government then advocate for programs to protect people from usage of a drug for medical purposes because some people have abused its usage. He has no grasp of what he is saying or is lying to dupe people that hear him speak a few lines without realizing his platform he ran on does not validate his statement of self-government.

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 11:49 AM
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." -- Ronald Reagan

Rangeley
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, I did. Here is what Huckabee said in response to his first question (I transcribed it myself)

There is a growing... branch... or whatever in the Republican Party... who don't want to hear anything about, let's say, the traditional values issues, who say those are not important, we shouldn't be talking about those, we only want to talk about cutting taxes and reducing government, but the truth is we cant cut taxes and reduce government without also understanding that a lot of the costs of government are directly related to the breakdown of the family and individual responsibility. So if we just say that we are going to arbitrarilly cut things, how many police do we take off the streets, how many people do we let out of prison beds. The point is, if we focus on both the cutting of taxes, the fiscal issues, as well as personal responsibility, families growing up, building kids of character, than you dont have as many people that you have to put in jail, you dont have as many drug and alcohol counselors, and so my point about the faux cons is that I think there is a real need to realize that these are not incompatible goals. Frankly, most values conservatives I know are also fiscal conservatives. But there are some who are strictly economic conservatives, who are social liberals, who believe in legalized drugs, who don't want to talk about anything such as the sanctity of life, or traditional marriage, that's where I think the discussion has to happen.
There it is, point blank. Huckabee takes issue with people who want to increase personal freedom, and instead desires to legislate his personal morality - his personal opposition to drugs and homosexuality - onto everyone.

Ron Paul does not agree with this idea. While he thinks people should be moral, and that trustworthy people need to be in government, he does not think that the government should attempt and make people trustworthy and moral.

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/when_fascism_comes_300.gif

moostraks
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
"Bipolar politics has always been Huckabee’s strongest suit. No one is better at saying one thing, doing the opposite and getting credit for both, of talking small government and actually promoting big government. Huckabee can do that in Arkansas, a peculiarly bipolar state where people think of themselves as conservative but like populist stands. "

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=343c3109-db18-44b9-b99f-7d5f978d9cbf

SnappleLlama
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
We're six pages into this thread. I don't think Tones can be convinced. :(

Kotin
11-21-2008, 12:36 PM
We're six pages into this thread. I don't think Tones can be convinced. :(

lol what else is new? :cool:

SnappleLlama
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
lol what else is new? :cool:

Ha, ha! :D

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
We're six pages into this thread. I don't think Tones can be convinced. :( That's only because she is SOOOOO open minded.<IMHO> :D

Kotin
11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
That's only because he is SOOOOO open minded.<IMHO> :D

tones is a she.

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
tones is a she.
Well that certainly may explain a lot. :rolleyes:

I'll make the correction.

Thanks! :)

mrwiizrd
11-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Huck pretends to follow Reagan, but he is for big govt, a police state, high taxes and govt intervention in our personal lives. Then he implies he believes in self govt!!! Fuckin' Neocons are so far from being conservative that it is absurd.

The problem is Reagan preached all those things to get elected, but he didn't exactly practice what he preached:

Reaganomics, as enunciated by Reagan himself before the convention and by conservatives generally, promised the following program: a sharp cut in the federal budget, a drastic cut in income taxes, a balanced budget by 1984, deregulation of the economy, and return to a gold standard. Reagan has managed to convince both conservatives and liberals, and the American public, that he did accomplish the first and second points of this list. For a year or two, it was hardly possible to watch news on TV without watching some bozo wailing about how he and the rest of the world were about to come to an end because the federal Scrooge had cut his budget or his grant. Conservatives bought this myth because they wanted to see Reagan accomplish what he had said he would; liberals were happy to adopt it so that they could wail about how Reagan was causing untold misery and starvation by his drastic cuts. Actually, the budget was never cut; it has always skyrocketed under Reagan. Reagan is by far the biggest spender in American history. He is also the biggest taxer. Taxes were never cut. The piddling and, much publicized income tax cut was always, from the very beginning, more than compensated by the programmed Social Security tax increases, aided by "bracket creep," that sinister system by which the federal government prints more money, thereby causing inflation, and also thereby wafting everyone into a higher tax bracket, whereupon the government completes the one-two punch by taxing away a greater proportion of his income.

powerofreason
11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Mike Huckabee = Just another person wanting to control you.

Theocrat
11-21-2008, 01:27 PM
"Bipolar politics has always been Huckabee’s strongest suit. No one is better at saying one thing, doing the opposite and getting credit for both, of talking small government and actually promoting big government. Huckabee can do that in Arkansas, a peculiarly bipolar state where people think of themselves as conservative but like populist stands. "

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=343c3109-db18-44b9-b99f-7d5f978d9cbf

That's an interesting article, and it explains well why Huckabee contradicts himself in his attacks on libertarianism. I think his biggest problem is that he confuses "libertinism" with "libertarianism," a common mistake which he shares even with certain members on these forums.

nbhadja
11-21-2008, 01:32 PM

You are the foolish one. Go support you big government neo liberals like Fuckabee and McCain.
I hope you enjoy watching your liberal heroes like McCain and Fuckabee join Obama Hillary etc and vote to murder millions across the world while forming the NAU.

You make me sick

And while I hate religion, I do not hate Fuckabee because he is Christian. I hate him because he is a liberal who wants to murder people.

"I find you a bunch of closed minded nuts."

Religious people are the close minded nuts.

"I wonder about your ability to reason"

You are the one who does not have the ability to reason.

Truth Warrior
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
And a "Christian" preacher ( so called ) to boot, a common mistake which he shares even with certain members on these forums. :D

nbhadja
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
http://soldierservant.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/christians-need-to-beware-of-mike-huckabee/

Notice how tonesforliberals ignored this post exposing Fuckabee as a murdering liberal.

aravoth
11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/aravoth/Redranger.gif

SnappleLlama
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/aravoth/Redranger.gif

Priceless! LOL!

Knightskye
11-23-2008, 10:39 PM

WRONG!

Tones, he says exactly that.

Starting at 10:58 in the video: "And in a perfect world, we would have almost no government at all, except to protect our borders, and to make sure that we had a national defense - maybe a road system. Other than that, we would govern ourselves; we would care for our own families. We wouldn't have a bunch of government that would tell us what to do, how fast to drive, where to walk; we wouldn't need it. But because some people don't want to live within what ought to be the basic rules of 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,' that's where we create government."

ORLY? :cool: