PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion I made on the Rebuildtheparty.com....

Chieftain1776
11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Draft a "Prohibition of Bailouts" Constitutional Amendement

A constitutional amendment to prohibit Congress from giving loans or cash to private entities without a supermajority (2/3 vote.. even though I think we should fight for a 4/5 vote if possible) in both chambers. This would mean we'd only need 145 nays with 2/3 (we got 171 on EESA, 91 of the Republicans). I think it'd be pretty popular and at the very least a litmus test for porkers.

Vote if you have the chance.

http://ideas.rebuildtheparty.com/pages/general/suggestions/75812

Athan
11-21-2008, 01:13 AM
...don't think that is needed. The problem with the bailouts is the Constitution doesn't even allow the authority for congress to do them but they are still doing them like law breakers.

Article 1 gives congress the guidelines for what they can do and bailouts is no where there. They don't FOLLOW ANY OF the document. So you should ask yourself... what makes you think they would follow your approved Constitutional amendment if they are ignoring the document that you put it on?

Your idea is similar to farting at a tornado.

tommyzDad
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Well I just glanced at the comments in the "Reach Out To Ron Paul..." thread, and it's no damned surprise despite the ass-whopping they and their Boy, McStain, took, they refuse to hear our message of liberty. As usual the resort to ad hominem attacks on Dr. Paul and those who support him.

I especially "love" the comments calling Ron a "messiah", etc. Funny, but weren't they practically peforming fallacio and cunilingus on each other in their support for McCain/ Palin?

Fuck 'em.