PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Bill (more regulation)

synapz
09-09-2007, 09:21 AM
So many diggers are supporting this regulation: http://www.digg.com/tech_news/Introducing_The_Most_Impressive_Cell_Phone_Bill_Of _The_110th_Congress

I've been trying to hold back the tide, but could use some commenting help. Where do all these people come from? :(

billv
09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Just posted a bit.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I posted:

I think the government should just mandate free cell phone service. And free cell phones. And all software should be free. And free computers. With free tech support.

You morons.

I use my real name over there so they won't know who I am.

pwnsey
09-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Completely ridiculous. Congress has much more important things to deal with than regulating the market further.

bbachtung
09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Here's what I posted:

Ridiculous. If you require the cell phone companies to cut the early termination fees in half after the first year, they will just double the early termination fee to even things out. Politicians should be making it easier for companies to get into this business so that the big players don't continue to screw consumers, not creating more regulations that will discourage new companies who lack the deep pockets to pay lobbyists to limit competition.

TrackPhone already exists (it is just like the cell phones in Europe) in which you pay as you go by buying additional minutes at the 7-11. If you want that non-contract phone service, then go for it. I suspect, however, that most of you want to continue to receive "free" mobile-to-mobile calls while paying non-contract phone prices.