View Full Version : "Big 3" Bailout - I've had enough

MusoSpuso
11-20-2008, 10:56 AM
I've had enough.

Enough of the legalized plunder.

Enough taxation without representation.

I'm so angry it makes me sick.

Proposal:

When the back scratching, cojoling, croniism and shady dealings eventually allow the bailout to pass in some even more bloated form, I propose a protest possibility that could get national attention on the level of the Boston Tea Part of our country's original revolution.

Go down to your local Ford, GM or Chrysler dealer and take a car out for a test drive but don't return it--after all you paid for it. Park it in front of your local Federal Reserve or Treasury branch and plaster it with signs that say something to the effect of "Thanks for the free car" and "My tax money, my car" or "My national debt, my car". If enough people participated we could clog the streets with "free" cars.

Challenges: most dealers require your drivers license as collateral. Would need to get a fake ID possibly.

If this idea seems radical and extreme, it's better than fire bombing GM, Ford and Chysler dealerships which they also deserve but could hurt people and damage private property that did not get bailed out with our money.

I'm so god damned angry right now. :mad:

Primbs
11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
That is pretty creative.

roho76
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
This is a bad idea and would be hurting the independently owned dealers who had nothing to do with the destruction of the Big 3.

MusoSpuso
11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
This is a bad idea and would be hurting the independently owned dealers who had nothing to do with the destruction of the Big 3.

The tea was also privately owned. And no, the British East India Company was no more owned by the King than the Federal Reserve is owned by the President--it's all a fascistic/oligarchic system with big bankers and special interested pretending they own stock in companies or organizations working for the "public good".

I do understand your point however. But isn't that really the problem? Where does it end? Who takes responsibility? So the independent dealer owner opens a business peddling over-priced, over-sized junk onto a debt riddled public. Not his fault right? Well, I guess it's not the politician's fault either since they're just working in their own self-interests as well. Far be it from us to tell them not to--after all we voted for them. Is that not a mandate for them to do as they please? Of course not, but they do anyway.

Where do we draw the frickin' line already? When do we say "enough"!?

Apparently not until we're in chains. :mad:

dannno
11-20-2008, 11:16 AM

How will it hurt them? You don't think they'll get the cars back??

klamath
11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
It is not hurting the people you want but it would be funny. Trouble is every time I have done a test ride there is a salesman setting right next to me.

Aratus
11-20-2008, 11:30 AM
bankruptcy evicerates all longterm pensions GM has on its books.
is there a way to ensure the monies actually let the older workers retire
gracefully, with the pensions that they worked for? seems to me,
this all was set up by management most perversely... they made no
longterm guestimates concerning opec and oil price scenarios impacting
gas hogs... and market share. small, affordable cheap vehicles that semi-comply
with the harsher regs that may be on the landscape was not their focus...

Agent CSL
11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Perhaps some salesman would go along with it. I like the idea and it doesn't hurt anyone. The dealer will get the car back. Worst you'll get is a couple months in jail.

haaaylee
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM
i propose a mass "just fail already" slash "i won't bail you out" sign bomb on every car dealership.

at the very least it would be funny.

at least to us.

MusoSpuso
11-20-2008, 12:14 PM
i propose a mass "just fail already" slash "i won't bail you out" sign bomb on every car dealership.

at the very least it would be funny.

at least to us.

I endorse this idea as a slightly less illegaal and safe compomise, lol :D

Jordan
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
We should signbomb again but everywhere not just car lots.

We need a standard sign and we should make a date. Google Ron Paul was great because it was used across the country, lets do the same with the automakers.

socialize_me
11-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Grand Theft Auto??

You guys go right ahead.

Jordan
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Grand Theft Auto??

You guys go right ahead.

Brilliant

MusoSpuso
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Grand Theft Auto??