PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Fundraising Website Debate Thread.

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello Everyone.
I am starting this thread to gather your idéas and cooperation, because i believe it is vital for the success of this campaign, that we set up a website for Grassroots Fundraising.

In his last message to us, Ron Paul strongly urged us to donate as much as possible;

The media, and everyone else, will be looking at fundraising totals at the end of this month. They'll judge us by how we do. And we need help to wage what we hope will be a full-scale, 50-state campaign. Please help me head into the next quarter fully armed to do battle for freedom, peace and prosperity. Make your most generous contribution https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/. This Revolution is on the move, but it very much needs your support.

Sincerely,

Ron

We need to send a message with our Q3 numbers, that is what Ron is telling us, and time is running out!

So please take the time to think about this idéa, post your suggestions, and then let's make it happen. Let this be an effective to-the-point thread for everyone interested in this project.

Now, if we had a Grassroots Fundraising HQ, it would most definately raise a lot of much needed cash for Ron Paul's campaign. I have given my initial thoughts about what such a site could look like here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16718&page=8

Originally Posted by Abobo View Post
I could make and host a website no problem, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a site dedicated to fund raising. What sort of information would it have?
Well, I certainly have some suggestions and idéas. The site i imagine would have to require some work to set up, but a good-looking site will also generate more money.

First off, the site should require people to register, for several reasons:

1) It will allow statistics and information on the activities of individual members.
2) It will allow the site to give credit to the members for their activities, something like "liberty points" perhaps, rewarded to people who donate and get others to donate.
3) It does in fact screen out some of the "Jokers".

The site should feature prominently on its front page a continiuosly updated total of money collected by members. "Q3 Grassroots funding raised so far: x.xxx.xxx$"

The site should feature a forum for discussion of fundraising ideas and initiatives.
This forum should be moderated to some extent so it doesn't turn into a general-discussion forum, or at least, it should be kept seperate.

The site could feature a weekly "hall of fame", where active members are praised for all the world to see.

Also i think a state by state competition amongst members could be useful to highten the competetiveness.

Some online games have a feature where the site allows you to send invitations out, and rewards you for every member you recruit, a similar system for donations would be brilliant, this way, people can never "max out" on liberty points.

The tricky part is how to make sure that fraud is not possible. I see some possebilities in using the conformation-numbers given by the ronpaul2008 site upon recieving a donation, however i am not sure that this could work.

I suggest we set up another thread on this issue; How can we best set up a fundraising site, and get everyones feedback on this

Let me hear your thoughts.

And anyone actually interested in working on this, please let me know. I will be happy to spend a lot of time coordinating this.

EvoPro
09-09-2007, 09:49 AM
For the next quarter I think the campaign should use a meter(as others have suggested) to guage where we are at. I think their main reason for not is that other campaigns could see where we are at, at all times. In the end though, we will get more donations with an official campaign meter. If they don't do this, your idea is the next best thing, but only if it really gains traction.