PDA

View Full Version : Coming gun control

filmmaker58
11-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Here's what's coming due to the democratic win across the country. they need to be reminded that gun control legislation was how they lost the majority in the last cycle. start now letting your government know at every level that infringements on the second ammendment will not be tolerated.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Kotin
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
ugh.. off to the pawn shop :D

defe07
11-19-2008, 05:15 PM
People need to look at countries with gun control in the past. Armenia, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union all had gun control. Armenia had mass genocide and both Germany and Soviet Union suffered too. People need to understand that if gun control happens in the USA, we're officially a dictatorship.

ihsv
11-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I checked the Kentucky Legislature website, and the douche bag (Rep. Kathy W Stein) who introduced the bill on March 3rd was forced to withdraw it on March 5th. No wonder I didn't hear about it.

Pericles
11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I checked the Kentucky Legislature website, and the douche bag (Rep. Kathy W Stein) who introduced the bill on March 3rd was forced to withdraw it on March 5th. No wonder I didn't hear about it.

I was stationed at Ft. Knox for a while. There are several things I like about Kentucky.

ihsv
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I was stationed at Ft. Knox for a while. There are several things I like about Kentucky.

Yeah, and they'd better not mess with our moonshine, either :D

ihsv
11-19-2008, 08:41 PM
You know, I was reading the KY bill that is proposed on that website. According to it, we're supposed to dispose of all our non-tagged ammo before a certain date. No compensation for the forced destruction of private property is mentioned. That's a clear-cut violation of the Kentucky State Constitution.

Besides, if they ever (really) tried that nonsense, there's be lots of pickup trucks parked outside the KY capitol building, and lots of red necks with a suggestion or two for Frau Stein.

tangent4ronpaul
11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this was defeated everywhere it was introduced.

Firearms manufacturers said it would make it uneconomical to make ammo and stop selling any ammo in states that adopted it.

Police training officers reported they would be no longer able to train their officers.

Forensic officers testified that reading the numbers off the bullets after they had been fired was a "pipe dream".

People also testified that it would hurt tourism and that by collecting and reloading random shells or obscuring the measure was easy to circumvent - so it would have absolutely no impact on crime.

It would also skyrocket the cost of making a round of ammo and due to how the assembly lines function - current production lines would have to be scrapped and built from scratch. Not gonna happen!

-t

btw: this is what the biometric and "child proof" safety features built into each firearm is about - making a standard that is impossible to manufacture to effectively ban guns.

alaric
11-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Here's what's coming due to the democratic win across the country. they need to be reminded that gun control legislation was how they lost the majority in the last cycle. start now letting your government know at every level that infringements on the second ammendment will not be tolerated.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

lets just hope everybody refuses to comply with any gun control.