PDA

View Full Version : Kean and Hamilton say the glaringly obvious

BillyDkid
09-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I can't find the damn article, but it was quoted on Fox news today - Kean and Hamilton say that the biggest drain and hindrance to on the "war on terror" (I have that stupid, fucking expression) is and continues to be the war in Iraq. If you can find a link please post it. This is critical to the undertanding of the American people - they are just not getting this and it is something RP has to incorporate more specifically into his message. THE IRAQ WAR IS KILLING AND DEPLETING OUR RESOURCES IN TERMS OF PROTECTING AMERICA FROM TERRORISM. Please, someone who is in contact with the campaign make sure Dr. Paul stresses this point. The war in Iraq is not just immoral and corrupt and expensive and deadly - it is the biggest hindrance in the war on terror. People have to know that. Yes, RP has said it has made us less safe, but he needs to spell out why and to site this article. thanks, BDK

BillyDkid
09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Don't mean to bump by own post, but doesn't anyone else think this is extremely significant - the leaders of the 9/11 commission coming out and saying the Iraq war is a huge detriment to the war on terror. Fox was quoting from a NYT piece, but I can't find the piece. Maybe someone else is better at it than I am. It was very strong statement and IMHO very damning of our current policy. RP needs to reference these guys - it would be a huge boost to the credibility (in the eyes of your average sheeple) to his antiwar position. This is important stuff I think. Don't let the media let it fade away.

slantedview
09-09-2007, 12:16 PM
i agree, this is an interesting statement. video?

BillyDkid
09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
i agree, this is an interesting statement. video?
It was on Fox news with Brit Hume this morning. I'll look for it, but I doubt it's posted anywhere. What I need to find is the times article.

stevedasbach
09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I can't find the damn article, but it was quoted on Fox news today - Kean and Hamilton say that the biggest drain and hindrance to on the "war on terror" (I have that stupid, fucking expression) is and continues to be the war in Iraq. If you can find a link please post it. This is critical to the undertanding of the American people - they are just not getting this and it is something RP has to incorporate more specifically into his message. THE IRAQ WAR IS KILLING AND DEPLETING OUR RESOURCES IN TERMS OF PROTECTING AMERICA FROM TERRORISM. Please, someone who is in contact with the campaign make sure Dr. Paul stresses this point. The war in Iraq is not just immoral and corrupt and expensive and deadly - it is the biggest hindrance in the war on terror. People have to know that. Yes, RP has said it has made us less safe, but he needs to spell out why and to site this article. thanks, BDK

Here is something similar from Kean & Hamilton on Meet the Press Aug 13:

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/13/163805.shtml

EDIT: Here is an article by Kean & Hamilton in today's Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/07/AR2007090702050.html