PDA

View Full Version : More Bad News - Obama's AG Pick is a Gun Grabber

Lucille
11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Via Ace - Get 'em While the Gettings Good; Obama's AG Pick is a Gun Grabber (http://ace.mu.nu/archives/278361.php)

Eric Holder, Obama's pick for Attorney General was a Deputy AG under Clinton. On March 2, 2000, he gave a question and answer on the topic of gun control. It's long, but here's his introduction:

We know that there is not one simple answer, and we know that there is nothing we can do that will prevent every single crime or act of violence. But we also know that there are some common-sense things that we can do and that we must do. And so I want to add my voice to those who are calling on Congress to finally -- to finally -- pass these very common-sense gun measures:

* First, to require child safety locks for all handguns that are sold.

* Second, to ban violent juveniles from ever having the ability to own guns.

* Third, to pass the president's handgun licensing proposal, which requires safety certification for all handgun purchasers.

* Fourth, to support research in smart gun technology which can limit a gun's use to its authorized owner.

And finally, to close the gun show loophole by requiring a background check for all gun purchases at gun shows.

The briefing was in response to recent shootings involving children, so he explains much of his program as needed "for the children." The whole thing is here (http://www.justice.gov/archive/dag/speeches/2000/3200availdag.htm).

Kludge
11-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, if they don't ban guns outright, the price spike will be enough to significantly reduce the number of guns/ammunitions purchased.

Wendi
11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Anyone remember '92? I've been telling folks for two years, to make sure they have everything they want/need before the democrats get back in power and promptly start banning everything. Again.

ihsv
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
I have a feeling that they'll start in on the 2nd amendment fairly quick once Obama takes office.