PDA

View Full Version : Your Papers -- I Mean -- RFID Chip Please

FreedomFighter8008
11-18-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/34715129.html

sevin
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Some worry these new electronic cards can be tracking devices, spelling out everywhere you go. But we found regular travelers don't care.

First I laughed, and now I'm kinda sad.

TastyWheat
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I am opposed to this because it's embedded in driver's licenses, something you're supposed to have with you at all times, but does anyone think RFID is "evil" altogether? It's great if it does speed up the border crossing experience (like droves of Canadians are swimming the imaginary river to freedom), but can there be a balance between convenience and privacy here?

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
If you still worry that Homeland Security officials could spy on you, just slip the card into a protective case provided with each access card. Then no one can read anything.

Sooo what happens when they make something to read through the case they gave you?? :cool:

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
"We are just law-abiding people. We don't have anything to worry about. We don't have any hang-ups about anything," said frequent traveler Don Williams.

"I have nothing to hide, I don't care. Maybe it will catch someone who is doing something wrong," said Vic Nightscales.

BAHH, sheep shit

Knightskye
11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
How's a paper sleeve protect it from being scanned?

Indy Vidual
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Ron Paul wrote several essays against "Real ID", but it looks like we might be losing the battle. :(

Sheepdog11
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I am opposed to this because it's embedded in driver's licenses, something you're supposed to have with you at all times, but does anyone think RFID is "evil" altogether? It's great if it does speed up the border crossing experience (like droves of Canadians are swimming the imaginary river to freedom), but can there be a balance between convenience and privacy here?

Well put it this way. Hitler would have LOVED something like this ...and as a general rule of thumb, anything Hitler would have loved, is something we probably shouldn't give to the government.

Danke
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0MKP0wyak