PDA

View Full Version : Nationalize the Federal Reserve

ronpaulbillboards
11-18-2008, 04:53 PM
http://justgetthere.us/blog/archives/Nationalize-the-Federal-Reserve.html

The Presidential campaign organization of Democrat Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr. announced on Feb. 25, 1992 the release of a draft "Federal Reserve Nationalization Act" to recreate the U.S. central bank on the model of the First National Bank of Alexander Hamilton. The act would nationalize the Federal Reserve System, creating new National Bank of the United States, under the Treasury Department, returning to the U.S. government the right to issue legal tender (currency) granted in the Constitution.

The current Federal Reserve System's method of monetary creation via Federal Funds "open-market operations" is "unconstitutional," LaRouche states, because it leaves "the power to create credit in the hands of a powerful cartel of private bankers" led by Goldman Sachs, Salomon Brothers, Citibank, and Chase Manhattan Bank. This encourages cash to flow to speculative, nonproductive activities.

http://digg.com/business_finance/Nationalize_the_Federal_Reserve

Athan
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I wonder if he is kinda saying it is better being boned by ourselves than by foreigners.

melissa22
11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
No hamiltonians please.

jonahtrainer
11-19-2008, 02:24 AM
No hamiltonians please.

Yes, they are evil.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-19-2008, 02:32 AM
as much as the old right hates him, I have to give praise to LaRouche and his followers for recognizing what's truly wrong and simply having a different opinion on how to approach it.

This is why we can't alienate the left. Only when they discover just how anti-poor the Fed is can we slay the creature.

ronpaulbillboards
11-19-2008, 04:50 AM
as much as the old right hates him, I have to give praise to LaRouche and his followers for recognizing what's truly wrong and simply having a different opinion on how to approach it.

This is why we can't alienate the left. Only when they discover just how anti-poor the Fed is can we slay the creature.

LaRouche in my opinion has it wrong on the social side of things, but the economic analysis is pretty spot on.

Truth Warrior
11-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Would that come under the Constitutional "takings" clause? :rolleyes: :D