09-09-2007, 06:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMPxkzYbQI

Take a listen!

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 06:12 AM
So great

.. and yet so sad.

This war-business needs to end.

Someone close to this guy needs go over and give him a hug!

Slugg
09-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Good song!

MikeStanart
09-09-2007, 06:45 AM
This is great, and would be even better if it was recorded in a studio!

maxmerkel
09-09-2007, 08:31 AM
this song is simply beautiful and sad !

please record this in a studio !!!

nullvalu
09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Definately good music. I love old school american folk guitar and this guy just jams it.. very well done!

Dave Wood
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
You all remember that letter "from an angry soldier" that was posted on craigslist??

The reason everyone said it wasnt authentic was beacause she was a Marine and used the term soldier.

This guy is a Marine and named the song "Soldier" about a fellow marine who was poisoned.......kinda makes me think that that letter was real??

maxmerkel
09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
bumping it up again

anyone with connections to a music label ? contact this guy, record the song and promote it - this song is really good ! (of course the soldier should insert "please vote for ron paul" near the end ;) )

specialkornflake
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Bump for the evening shift.

KingTheoden
09-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I saw this on YouTube earlier today- not much more that I can add to the comments of the other posters. Excellent work.

Vvick727
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Heyy... this reminds me of a song that my band wrote, called Hollow

www.myspace.com/pyrrhicband

its the second song on the list, notice the ron paul 2008 sign :p

i play drums on the other songs (i've been playing for a year), but i play guitar on this one.

we made it up.. in 1/2 hour at 1 oclock in the morn.

alright, anyways, great song

Shink
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
You all remember that letter "from an angry soldier" that was posted on craigslist??

The reason everyone said it wasnt authentic was beacause she was a Marine and used the term soldier.

This guy is a Marine and named the song "Soldier" about a fellow marine who was poisoned.......kinda makes me think that that letter was real??

Yeah, I haven't read what you're talking about, but so many military terms are interchangeable that to claim that "soldier" makes a letter by a Marine a fraud...that's just stupid. I was in the Army...doesn't mean the only hat I wear is that of "soldier." Airborne Infantry, combat vet, grunt, whatever.

I commented, telling him to get in the studio. I want to hear this recorded, preferably with a cello backing him up. That'd be so awesome.

Jojo
09-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I would love for him to record this song and see Avaroth make a video for it. You know it'll be good..

And remember, we are all soldiers. Soldiers for Truth.

trispear
09-10-2007, 12:44 AM

This guy is a Marine and named the song "Soldier" about a fellow marine who was poisoned.......kinda makes me think that that letter was real??You know the internet - most everyone becomes an expert/pundit on any subject within 1 minute and then if you say your assessment early enough it gets parroted endlessly.

Hey, I've been guilty of the same thing too:(

However, the argument was silly on the face of it. It's like saying all marines are god fearing human Christians. Or they all are republican. Or they are all lead organized clean cut lives after being discharged (Drew Carey was a Marine).

Expecting them all to speak exactly the same is equal silliness.

r3volution
09-10-2007, 01:04 AM

Elwar
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
great video...as someone who spent a year in Baghdad (Camp Slayer) all I can say is...

We do not belong over there

Bison
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Where does it say that he is a Marine?

Semper Fidelis.

mesler
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
What an awesome song.

mesler
09-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Here's the blog it was linked from:
http://www.yutoube.com/
"This is a powerful song this ex-marine created who supports Ron Paul for President. This song is about a soldier that was exposed to small amounts of a chemical agent in the first gulf war. Unfortunately he didn’t start falling apart until years after he had gotten out of the Army. He continues to slip thru the cracks when it comes to getting treatment. I am a former Marine, no one that serves this country should ever “slip” thru the cracks."

mesler
09-11-2007, 01:01 AM
BUMP

Add this song to your favorites, pass it along. It is currently top rated and can potentially be viewed by LOTS of people.

Rate it, bump it up!

mesler
09-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Bumping, for great justice!

Let's make this video #1 please!

mesler
09-11-2007, 07:01 AM
I saw this on YouTube earlier today- not much more that I can add to the comments of the other posters. Excellent work.

Right now it's ranked 44th for highest rated video this week. If we propagate this to our 800 meetups I bet we could get this thing on the front page.

http://www.youtube.com/browse?t=w&p=3&s=tr&c=10&l=

He's on the 3rd page now, was on the 4th, let's keep spreading it please.

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
ok, i submitted it to digg : http://digg.com/videos/music/Beautiful_Antiwar_song_by_ex_Marine

misconstrued
09-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Great song. I'd donate a little $$$ to help pay for some studio time and get this recorded professionally.

mesler
09-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I think it's a powerful and needed message, for vets to support our man. The Hannitys of the day want to claim a monopoly on speaking for our troops, and videos like this remind people that no, they do not speak for all our vets.

mesler
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I'd donate too. Another YouTuber commented that it would be great to have a cello in the background, and I agree with him, that would rock. :)