PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ron Paul drill Paulson???

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Why does he always go after Bernanke?? I mean I think he could rip Paulson a new one

Bruno
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Why does he always go after Bernanke?? I mean I think he could rip Paulson a new one

Good point. Paulson would fall apart under some tough questions. He can barely stammer his way through his own name anymore.

lodge939
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Because Bernanke is the real power.

Bruno
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Because Bernanke is the real power.

I think from most American's perspective, Paulson is the one they directly associate with the Bailout, not Bernanke.

StilesBC
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Paul is still a Republican. So is Paulson. Paul chooses his battles.

Attacking Paulson is our job.

dannno
11-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Probably the same reason they won't let me drill VP Cheney.

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I would love to tap Palin

dannno
11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow, I hope my comment didn't make you think of that. That certainly isn't what I meant :D

ghengis86
11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
i wish RP would ask some simple "yes or no" questions that exposes this sham for what it is; i mean, RP's always doing interveiws where he rails about the Fed, creating money out of thin air, etc. etc. even some 'low blows' would be a nice change of pace ("how much in capital gains taxes did you avoid when you sold your stake in goldman when accepting the tres. job and how much money was funneled to your former employer, Goldman-Sachs?")

Does the constitution authorize the federal government to purchase private assests with public funds?
Does the Fed allow the government to auidt its books?
Is the Fed privately owned?

something along those lines, although i guess when asking such simple questions, they'll just beat around the bush and never answer them...

ghengis86
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, I hope my comment didn't make you think of that. That certainly isn't what I meant :D

your avitar does remind me a bit of elton john...:p

RonPaulNewbee
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Bernanke disputed Paul's claim that "the dollar is dead". Was it just to get Bernanke on video doing another "the economy is strong" type of moment? Or is Ron exaggerating? Where is there proof that the dollar is dead? Or are we just predicting because of the new debt?

Rangeley
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I think the word we are looking for here is grill.

lodge939
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Bernanke disputed Paul's claim that "the dollar is dead". Was it just to get Bernanke on video doing another "the economy is strong" type of moment? Or is Ron exaggerating? Where is there proof that the dollar is dead? Or are we just predicting because of the new debt?When the dollar collapses, he has a great 2012 campaign ad. :D

StilesBC
11-18-2008, 12:40 PM

It's Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. Canadian comedy at it's finest. :)

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I think the word we are looking for here is grill.

You have 3 electoral votes. I am > than you. It's drill. Fuck grill.

DFF
11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
i wish RP would ask some simple "yes or no" questions that exposes this sham for what it is; i mean, RP's always doing interveiws where he rails about the Fed, creating money out of thin air, etc. etc. even some 'low blows' would be a nice change of pace ("how much in capital gains taxes did you avoid when you sold your stake in goldman when accepting the tres. job and how much money was funneled to your former employer, Goldman-Sachs?")

Does the constitution authorize the federal government to purchase private assests with public funds?
Does the Fed allow the government to audit its books?
Is the Fed privately owned?
Who are the stockholders of the Fed?
Does the Fed loan the U.S. it's own money at interest?
Does the President have any authority over the Fed?

something along those lines, although i guess when asking such simple questions, they'll just beat around the bush and never answer them...

I've thought this for YEARS - and I added a few other key, simple questions.

StilesBC
11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Bernanke disputed Paul's claim that "the dollar is dead". Was it just to get Bernanke on video doing another "the economy is strong" type of moment? Or is Ron exaggerating? Where is there proof that the dollar is dead? Or are we just predicting because of the new debt?

I doubt the dollar is going anywhere soon. We are in the midst of the greatest deflation since the 30s. 33 Trillion dollars of market capitalization have disappeared from the world equity markets in the last year. I'm guessing total real estate losses are around 20 Trillion. Commodity losses are enormous also. There are 1 Quadrillion (thousand trillion) in notional derivatives that are marked to fantasy, rather than marked to market. Other assets are deflating too. And we have an aging population, which is naturally deflationary. All in all, money is evaporating at a far more rapid pace than it is being created.

Yes, the fiat dollar is doomed to failure. But that doesn't mean it happens in the next few years. It could take 30 years and a world war to fully come to pass for all we know.

I think a lot of the talk about a pending collapse in the US dollar is just wishful thinking by those who are diametrically opposed to the system (and I include myself in this). I wish it would collapse and we would go back to a market based version (gold or something else) but as long as government has the ability to tax and demand payment in dollars, demand for dollars will still exist.

The best thing we and Paul could do for advancing the cause in 'sound money' is to demand the legality of competitive currencies and lower taxes.

dannno
11-18-2008, 01:01 PM

Elton John tortures kittens.

Bubbles runs "The Kittyland Love Centre" a daycare/spa/amusement park for kittens.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5640/bubbleskittengb0.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/f/f0/Bubbles-705607.jpg

http://content8.flixster.com/question/37/92/55/3792554_std.jpg

tommyzDad
11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I would love to tap Palin

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l436/elc1247/1205568262614.jpg

ghengis86
11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Elton John tortures kittens.

Bubbles runs "The Kittyland Love Centre" a daycare/spa/amusement park for kittens.

tortures kittens or makes some of the greatest music in the world?

ghengis86
11-18-2008, 01:12 PM
and for the last time why don't they realize that every time they open their mouths (ben and hank) the market drops? dow was up ~180 before and during the hearing afterwhich the dow falls, now to ~100 down...wtf? i thought they were saying the bailout was working? or by working did they mean it's worked to fill the banks coffers so they can clean up their balance sheets

socialize_me
11-18-2008, 03:55 PM
and for the last time why don't they realize that every time they open their mouths (ben and hank) the market drops? dow was up ~180 before and during the hearing afterwhich the dow falls, now to ~100 down...wtf? i thought they were saying the bailout was working? or by working did they mean it's worked to fill the banks coffers so they can clean up their balance sheets

Because 2/5 of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets were away from their duty of keeping the market afloat.