PDA

View Full Version : ~~>women who know their place

moostraks
11-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Barbara Walters of Television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan several years before the Afghan conflict. She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands. She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From Miss Walters' vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands, and are happy to maintain the old custom.
Miss Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, 'Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?'
The woman looked Miss Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said,

'Land Mines.'
[Moral of the story is ... (no matter where you go) .. BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A SMART WOMAN] [Fwd>ANN

In light of recent discussions regarding female intelligence and aptitude I found it necessary to forward to all who might appreciate some female insight.:D

RockEnds
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Barbara Walters of Television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan several years before the Afghan conflict. She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands. She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From Miss Walters' vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands, and are happy to maintain the old custom.
Miss Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, 'Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?'
The woman looked Miss Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said,

'Land Mines.'
[Moral of the story is ... (no matter where you go) .. BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A SMART WOMAN] [Fwd>ANN

In light of recent discussions regarding female intelligence and aptitude I found it necessary to forward to all who might appreciate some female insight.:D

That is hilarious. :D

liberteebell
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
barbara walters of television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in kabul, afghanistan several years before the afghan conflict. She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands. She recently returned to kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From miss walters' vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands, and are happy to maintain the old custom.
Miss walters approached one of the afghani women and asked, 'why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?'
the woman looked miss walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said,

'land mines.'
[moral of the story is ... (no matter where you go) .. Behind every man, there's a smart woman] [fwd>ann

in light of recent discussions regarding female intelligence and aptitude i found it necessary to forward to all who might appreciate some female insight.:d

:d:d:d

Nirvikalpa
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM

'Land Mines.'

Appreciated that :D

Andrew-Austin
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Ah I thought this was gunna be all controversial, but that was hilarious...

I'm glad we have the 'ladies first' policy over here.

heavenlyboy34
11-17-2008, 03:25 PM
There's a smart woman behind me? :eek: Why doesn't she speak up when I'm about to do something stupid? :confused::(

A. Havnes
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
There's a smart woman behind me? :eek: Why doesn't she speak up when I'm about to do something stupid? :confused::(

They enjoy watching us blunder.

yokna7
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
:)

Cinderella
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
jajaja (spanish laughter)

nate895
11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
LOL!! Definitely true.

Also, in all cases, shouldn't the man be willing to walk forward and check for land mines to make sure the woman doesn't die? One problem with feminism there. I wonder how many needless female deaths have been caused by feminism that males would have otherwise been happy to take the full weight of?

heavenlyboy34
11-17-2008, 06:20 PM
They enjoy watching us blunder.

That's not nice! :(

rpfan2008
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
jajaja (spanish laughter)

lol:d

pcosmar
11-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Known to some of us.

Expressed in song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUsjR4FSgSQ

Have a nice day:)

newtoforums
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
LOL!! Definitely true.

Also, in all cases, shouldn't the man be willing to walk forward and check for land mines to make sure the woman doesn't die? One problem with feminism there. I wonder how many needless female deaths have been caused by feminism that males would have otherwise been happy to take the full weight of?

What a disgusting attitude. Feminism does believe in harming men and protecting women. Hence why male vicitms of DV are ignored. YOU are a feminist.