PDA

View Full Version : Talk About a Hit Piece (Houston Chron.)

Dustancostine
09-09-2007, 01:46 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/5118578.html

Just posted 2 hrs ago.

LibertyEagle
09-09-2007, 01:51 AM
This may be the key line in the whole article and it is a description of the author.

Reynolds works in public relations at a Houston law firm. He can be e-mailed at roy.richard.reynolds@gmail.com

Thom1776
09-09-2007, 01:55 AM
This guy is just retarded.

Corydoras
09-09-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure it's actually damning him with faint praise. It's just wrong in saying that Fred's a better candidate.

We could, of course, quote the Chronicle in our favor. If Ron Paul were a movie, the poster would say:

"Fearless!" "straight-talking!" "bold!"
--Houston Chronicle

james1906
09-09-2007, 01:57 AM
What a hack!

Don't drop out yet? Was RP going to? Such utter crap.

born2drv
09-09-2007, 01:58 AM
LOL I thought it wasn't bad actually... the whole argument is basically Ron Paul is too honest of a candidate that puts principle ahead of partisanship, and although he is the smartest of the bunch he can't get elected because he's too radical.

it then goes on to say that fred should learn from ron and speak his mind and that ron will shape the course of the election but he won't get any votes.

I think the author is setting themself up for what he thinks could happen.... either thompson will rise and ron paul will be marginalized, or RP will rise to the top by some miracle and kick everyone's ass including fred for the upset of the century.... either way the author will look like he was right ;)

rp4prez
09-09-2007, 01:59 AM
nice article.. too bad they think that RP can't win... ugh...

Richandler
09-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Ron Paul isn't going to rattle anyones cages. They are all the same idiots in washington and they won't change their minds. Ron Paul is the only choice it every day that goes by he looks more and more like he has a chance. If he fails, todays society has become so disconnected I doubt supporters will march on in a facesless cause in a world of celebrities. That is why we must do everything we can to get his nomination.

Dustancostine
09-09-2007, 02:24 AM
What a hack!

Don't drop out yet? Was RP going to? Such utter crap.

The Guy is definately a hack:

He works for Haynes and Boone:

http://www.haynesboone.com/about/pressDetail.asp?pressid=388

Roy R. Reynolds
Haynes and Boone, LLP
713.547.2098 (office)
713.204.3973 (cell)
roy.reynolds@haynesboone.com

Guess who Haynes and Boone's Clients include:

Lockheed Martin
Exxon Mobile
Kansas City Southern

From Their Website:

Client Strength. Haynes and Boone's client base reflects virtually every business industry and includes more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, many major foreign companies and large financial institutions

The firm opened its Fort Worth office in 1984, its Austin downtown office in 1986, its San Antonio office in 1988, a Houston office in 1990, and Mexico City and Washington, D.C. offices in 1994

http://media.www.smudailycampus.com/media/storage/paper949/news/2007/02/27/Opinion/Trustees.Should.Follow.Lead.Of.First.Lady-2745030.shtml

Look at number 5

5) Michael M. Boone is a corporate attorney and founding partner of the prominent law firm Haynes & Boone, the third largest contributor to the Bush re-election in 2004. The firm and Boone have been active financial and political supporters of Bush since he ran for governor. Boone pledged to raise at least $100,000 for the 2000 presidential campaign and at least another $200,000 in 2004. According to the Center for Responsive Politics in 2004, Boone's law firm was the ninth-largest patron of George W. Bush's overall political career.

And this guy is one of thier main partners:

http://www.haynesboone.com/people/bio.asp?empid=526&page=search

Tim is a partner, member of the Board of Directors and oversees the international practice at Haynes and Boone.

Memberships
World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth (Board of Directors, 2000- ); Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations (Board of Directors, 2006- ), The Council on Foreign Relations, The World Services Group (Chairman, 2003-2004, Board of Directors, 2002-2005

The more you look the more disgusting this company gets.

So this author is definately a paid hack.

--Dustan

Chernitsky
09-09-2007, 02:26 AM
I am writing him a letter because it turns out he is a lawyer for a large firm here in Houston and spreads the lies of big oil.

Edit: looks like some of you did the same research....

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 02:43 AM

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 02:46 AM

Chernitsky
09-09-2007, 02:48 AM
Not according to Martindale Hubble.

Sorry, no results were found using your search criteria as summarized below:

* First Name: Roy
* Last Name: Reynolds
* City: Houston
* Country(s): United States
* State(s)/Province(s): Texas

Nor is he found in the state bar at all:

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Section=Member_Directory&Template=/CustomSource/MemberDirectory/Result_form_client.cfm

Clearly he is not a lawyer.

He might not be a lawyer, but he works in media relations for HaynesBoone

http://www.haynesboone.com/media/contacts.asp

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 03:00 AM

Dustancostine
09-09-2007, 03:01 AM
OH MY GOSH Look at the Article that this Scum Reynolds wrote in January of 2003 he didn't even hide the fact that the war was about oil.:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.tedmills.com/2003/01/

About Mid way Down:

A War In Iraq Could Prove Boon To US Oil Service Companies
By Roy R. Reynolds

HOUSTON (Dow Jones) - A successful invasion of Iraq that topples dictator Saddam Hussein could leave the Middle East country rife with leadership issues, internal strife and loads of opportunity for the right business. After three major wars across the last generation and more than a decade of economic sanctions, experts say that Iraq's lucrative oilfields, which at 112 billion barrels of proven reserves trail only neighbor Saudi Arabia in size, are in dire need of foreign investment and revitalization.

That insufficiency could open a profit window for U.S. oil service companies - which perform duties from refinery design to the drilling of new wells.

[cut]

Several oil service companies declined to speculate on operations in a postwar Iraq, partly because the outcome of any war is pure guesswork.

But the opening of the country to foreign investment could help turn around doldrums in the oil services sector for companies like Halliburton Co. (NYSE:HAL - News), Schlumberger Ltd.(NYSE:SLB - News), Baker Hughes Inc. (NYSE:BHI - News) and BJ Services Co. (NYSE:BJS - News).

I am REALLY REALLY PISSED EVEN MORE TODAY
:mad:
--Dustan

Chernitsky
09-09-2007, 03:05 AM
I included that article in the e-mail I sent him, hopefully he responds soon.

davidhperry
09-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Here is what I wrote to Roy. I would encourage people to set the record straight at any chance they have.

==============

Ron Paul is much more than a "fringe" candidate - he's rising faster than Dean did in '03.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you that Mr. Paul is a very compelling Presidential candidate, I think the comparison to Dennis Kucinich is completely off-base. Ron Paul's grassroots support is staggering - he's raising money and support at a quicker rate than most of the candidates in either party - even the "top-tier" ones. His strong showing in each of the staw polls is evidence of this.

Have a quick look at this graph of Google traffic during 2007. It plots the number of searches for each of the candidates:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+rudy+giuliani%2C+mitt+ronmey% 2C+fred+thompson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

His performance in the polls is also starting to pick up - many survey companies didn't even include him in their polls initially. As the finance and support number increase, we obviously expect the polls to change as well. One thing is certain, the Ron Paul revolution already has a tremendous amount of momentum behind it and it's growing exponentially. For example, I didn't even know who Ron Paul was 72 hours ago and I've already had the opportunity to contribute to his campaign, help organize events, and tell others about his positions.

expatriot
09-09-2007, 03:17 AM
This may be the key line in the whole article and it is a description of the author.

Imagine how you would craft such a story if your leash was being held
by those guys.

It looks like he managed to sneak a Ron Paul piece out the door
without it looking like he was actually supporting him.

If you run through the finer points it paints our candidate
in terms of honesty and integrity inb tune with the Constitution.

What the author needs is glowing responses thanking him for
daring to say something beside the usual slurs and lies.

Honestly, if all his positions are taken as a whole, it looks like the backbone of Texas conservatism.

The key word above is "Honestly"

As the psyops crowd will confirm, the rest can be deprecated.

He tosses a bone to the FredHeads merely to keep them from outing him.

Look for further comments from him with an evolving support.

Send him something to feel good about even daring to broach the topic,
that is what I did.

Like this:
=================

TheOneLaw wrote:
I would like to thank you for taking the time and courage to openly
describe our candidate Ron Paul in terms of his integrity and commitment
to the principles of the Constitution.

It is refreshing to see someone who supports another candidate take the time
and effort to rationally perceive outside of the melee of slur and
outright deceptions the truth of the stance of Ron Paul.

Again, I thank you and respect your comments.

the rEVOLution has begun,
Vote 2008 for President Ron Paul
9/9/2007 4:14:21 AM

Chester Copperpot
09-09-2007, 03:29 AM
LOL I thought it wasn't bad actually... the whole argument is basically Ron Paul is too honest of a candidate that puts principle ahead of partisanship, and although he is the smartest of the bunch he can't get elected because he's too radical.

it then goes on to say that fred should learn from ron and speak his mind and that ron will shape the course of the election but he won't get any votes.

I think the author is setting themself up for what he thinks could happen.... either thompson will rise and ron paul will be marginalized, or RP will rise to the top by some miracle and kick everyone's ass including fred for the upset of the century.... either way the author will look like he was right ;)

Yep.. I agree

goldenequity
09-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanks.
.....No sense letting your HARD WORK go to waste (heh heh)

Check the article again and look at the comment box....
you can "recommend" the comment to drive the nail further!!!:cool: :cool:

Thanks again..... "TO ARMS, TO ARMS!!!"

Akus
09-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Good, wonderful article, but if the reporter is as informed on the other matters as he is informed on Ron Paul's chances of winning this thing, I feel sorry for him.

Bryan
09-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Here is what I wrote to Roy. I would encourage people to set the record straight at any chance they have.

==============

Ron Paul is much more than a "fringe" candidate - he's rising faster than Dean did in '03.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you that Mr. Paul is a very compelling Presidential candidate, I think the comparison to Dennis Kucinich is completely off-base. Ron Paul's grassroots support is staggering - he's raising money and support at a quicker rate than most of the candidates in either party - even the "top-tier" ones. His strong showing in each of the staw polls is evidence of this.

Have a quick look at this graph of Google traffic during 2007. It plots the number of searches for each of the candidates:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+rudy+giuliani%2C+mitt+ronmey% 2C+fred+thompson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

His performance in the polls is also starting to pick up - many survey companies didn't even include him in their polls initially. As the finance and support number increase, we obviously expect the polls to change as well. One thing is certain, the Ron Paul revolution already has a tremendous amount of momentum behind it and it's growing exponentially. For example, I didn't even know who Ron Paul was 72 hours ago and I've already had the opportunity to contribute to his campaign, help organize events, and tell others about his positions.
Excellent. Welcome to the revolution David.

In the piece:

the uselessness of torture
???

mavtek
09-09-2007, 07:09 AM
"Fearless!" "straight-talking!" "bold!"
--Houston Chronicle

You gotta like that!

PaleoForPaul
09-09-2007, 07:21 AM
This didn't seem like a hit piece to me. The guy said:

He's putting principles above party, which is exactly how not to get ahead in Washington these days.

Among other things that are more like sideways compliments than insults. He did said Paul comes off as a bit kooky, and yes, he does to people who like their politicians polished and pandering like Romney.

goldenequity
09-09-2007, 07:55 AM
My comment to Reynolds.... I hope he's got some Rolaids this morning:D :D:D

goldenequity wrote:
If you are going to SUPPORT Ron Paul, the ideals and the REASON for his Constitutional positions.....then by all means, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET and jump in with BOTH FEET.

To write a "luke warm" positional piece....is just that, luke warm.

I would, that you be HOT or COLD....until then it is just "spew" and spin.

I have no doubt that it would COST you PLENTY if you came out of the closet and wrote an article from your conscience rather than from your "analysis".

Until then, you can watch from the sidelines at the grassroots footsoldiers who are fully committed and giving their ALL....for Ron Paul.

nullvalu
09-09-2007, 08:03 AM
We should be posting comments to the article about the author's interests.

JPFromTally
09-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Opposition to the Patriot Act and the Iraq war just prove he's not a team player. He's putting principles above party, which is exactly how not to get ahead in Washington these days.

Uhh... yeah.

nullvalu
09-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Opposition to the Patriot Act and the Iraq war just prove he's not a team player. He's putting principles above party, which is exactly how not to get ahead in Washington these days.

Uhh... yeah.

Haha.. Not get ahead huh? Is the author forgetting Paul has served 10 terms in congress and is a serious presidential candidate?! MORON.

billv
09-09-2007, 09:43 AM
It really wasn't that bad of a piece. Clearly he's a Thompson supporter. He's a bit scared by liberty but then how many of us have known true liberty. It's a bit scary to trust others and have little government backup in life. He praises Ron a bit. He disses him a bit. Overall, I think it was a Fred Thompson piece that was slightly favorable in Paul's direction.