PDA

View Full Version : VERY CONCERNING Article - Sharia Finance now in America. NO JOKE!!!

RonPaulCentral
11-17-2008, 06:40 AM
I found this article very disturbing. Read it and REALLY think about it. I think that some of the points in this article totally validate that the SHTF much sooner then I had originally believed.

If you are not prepared for collapse now you damn well better be soon.

------------------------

Sharia Finance: Last Gasp of a Doomed American Economy

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=5657.4011.0.0

RonPaulCentral
11-17-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm down with 0% interest. ;)

jk I love the free market.

LOL. I was thinking more about the OTHER points in the article... :rolleyes:

A. Havnes
11-17-2008, 07:39 AM
It's not even just this paper that's reporting it. I made a thread a while ago regarding this, and I think that one came from the Washington Post.

We need to stand up and say, "I won't bank for Islam!"

me3
11-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Christians are not supposed to pay usury either. Morons.

orafi
11-17-2008, 09:23 AM
"restricts what type of companies investors can be involved with (meaning no pork or alcohol handlers, etc.)"

uh, no?

WRellim
11-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I found this article very disturbing. Read it and REALLY think about it. I think that some of the points in this article totally validate that the SHTF much sooner then I had originally believed.

If you are not prepared for collapse now you damn well better be soon.

------------------------

Sharia Finance: Last Gasp of a Doomed American Economy

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=5657.4011.0.0

This has all been discussed before here on RPF (search on "Islamic Banking" or "Islamic Finance").

BTW, while the article has several GOOD points (that the debtor often loses significant control to the creditor) -- on the technical aspects of Sharia banking, the piece seems pretty poorly researched (i.e. Sharia Banking is not what it seems to be on the surface).

Yes, Islamic Banking forbids "usury" and the making of loans and charging of "interest" if technically forbidden.

But you really don't think that in several centuries they haven't found "creative" ways around that do you? Seriously?

As a matter of fact, they have invented MULTIPLE WAYS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking#Investments_through_principles) to get around that little "technical" restriction.

The simplest one to understand is that rather than a car "loan" with interest -- you setup a car "LEASE" with lease payments that provide a profit. Same thing with homes -- instead of a mortgage, you enter a "Rent-to-own" agreement.

In short, if you want to know how banking functions in Islamic countries, all you have to do is stop down at the nearest "Check Into Cash" center, or the "Rent-A-Center" -- or indeed, any any one of a dozen other "shady" businesses that take advantage of the poor, desperate, and/or ill-informed.

The end result is the same... only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

ItsTime
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Christians are not supposed to pay usury either. Morons.

Pastor Parsley gave a great sermon on debt and usury. I am not a christian but this man did a great job of explaining debt and usury.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3051024550497129264

sevin
11-17-2008, 09:56 AM
If sharia law coming to America doesn’t shock you, it is probably because you are unfamiliar with its full ramifications. Here are some of its more controversial aspects, as reported by WorldNetDaily:

* A woman is eligible for only half the inheritance of a man.
* A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather.
* A woman may not leave the house without her husband’s permission.
* A Muslim man may marry four women, including Christians and Jews; a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim.
* Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible.
* Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning.
* Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation.
* Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial.
* Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible.

If you think living in America during the current economic downturn isn’t fun, think of what living in sharia America would be like.

Interesting article, but this is going too far. The list above will not happen.

Agent CSL
11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
This is going to sound crazy, but this doesn't sound too bad when compared to corporate-fascism. I'm usually an "it will happen" kind of person, but I don't think any of those social restrictions will ever happen in America. There is already a woman revolution in the Islam culture.

Sharia law is the religio-political-legal code that political Islam seeks to impose worldwide. With regard to banking, it bans the payment and collection of interest (a principle taught in the Bible as well), restricts what type of companies investors can be involved with (meaning no pork or alcohol handlers, etc.)..........

tonesforjonesbones
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Jesus threw the pharisee "money changers' BANKErs OUT of the temple for their foul practice of USUARY. GOD SAID NO usuary..he said it to the Israelites, and the Christians and I reckon the Muslims...the Muslims DO NOT practice usuary...and NO I do not believe they circumvent that. The Muslims probably understand the federal reserve and fractional banking were concocted by the zionists. Usuary is an offense against GOD and it makes people poor. I would say perhaps the muslims would be on board with us against the Federal reserve. I disagree with the other issues that they borrowed from the OLD TESTAMENT Jewish law like stoning and the kosher laws which they call Halal...same thing. But I can go with them on the usuary issue. USUARY IS condemned by GOD. Tones

tonesforjonesbones
11-17-2008, 10:55 AM
GOD is smiting the USA and globalist USUARY financial system...you can see it happeneing. tones

orafi
11-17-2008, 11:03 AM
and the USA is smiting the middle east.

MelissaCato
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
A woman is eligible for only half the inheritance of a man.
A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather.
A woman may not leave the house without her husband’s permission.
A Muslim man may marry four women, including Christians and Jews; a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim.
Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible.
Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning.
Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation.
Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial.
Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible.

WTF !!! I'm never married but I tell you what .. no man is gonna beat me in my house. 4 woman ? YA RIGHT.

Where is John Adams ... someone please have him call me ASAP.

dannno
11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Arab finance law is still more fair than Zionist finance law. Even with all the ridiculous restrictions.

dannno
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
WTF !!! I'm never married but I tell you what .. no man is gonna beat me in my house. 4 woman ? YA RIGHT.

Where is John Adams ... someone please have him call me ASAP.

They are mixing Sharia law with Sharia finance law. The banks won't let your husband beat you, that is up to the police department.

KenInMontiMN
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Off-topic, but this is one of my pet peeves. Up until ten years ago I absolutely never in my life encountered anyone misusing the word 'concerning' to mean 'troubling.' Concerning means 'with regard to,' as in an essay concerning the gradual garbling of the English language over time. Or a speech concerning the positives of balanced budgets.

The base word concern may be retained if desired in the in the title of this thread to get the meaning across, but is done as follows, by adding the suffix -ment at the end: An article of concernment- Sharia...

When -ing is added to concern it means 'with regard to,' period. And as a preposition it must be directly attached to its subject to make sense.

MelissaCato
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
They are mixing Sharia law with Sharia finance law. The banks won't let your husband beat you, that is up to the police department.

"up to the police department" ? The police department doesn't prevent a crime .. they are called after a crime or during a crime.

Like my wonderful husband will allow me a phone call while he's beating me.

Even if this Sharia Finance Law is allowed in the USA .. the Sharia Laws will surely follow. Don't be silly.

Now I know why the Statue of Liberty is a Lady. Brilliant.

dannno
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Off-topic, but this is one of my pet peeves. Up until ten years ago I absolutely never in my life encountered anyone misusing the word 'concerning' to mean 'troubling.' Concerning means 'with regard to,' as in an essay concerning the gradual garbling of the English language over time. Or a speech concerning the positives of balanced budgets.

The base word concern may be retained if desired in the in the title of this thread to get the meaning across, but is done as follows, by adding the suffix -ment at the end: An article of concernment- Sharia...

When -ing is added to concern it means 'with regard to,' period. And as a preposition it must be directly attached to its subject to make sense.

Nah, concerning also means troubling.

KenInMontiMN
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Nope, troubling means troubling. Concerning means in regard to or regarding. Of concernment means worthy of concern. People, get used to the phrase 'of concern,' if you use concerning in any way other than as an alternate choice for 'regarding,' it simply demonstrates a loose and incomplete command and understanding of the language.

WRellim
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Nope, troubling means troubling. Concerning means in regard to or regarding. Of concernment means worthy of concern. People, get used to the phrase 'of concern,' if you use concerning in any way other than as an alternate choice for 'regarding,' it simply demonstrates a loose and incomplete command and understanding of the language.

Languages evolve, and people change their definitions of words over time.

Deal with it.

KenInMontiMN
11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Deal with it.

That's what I'm doing! :D

Danke
11-17-2008, 01:49 PM

How does Sharia law handle those that misuse language :)

WRellim
11-18-2008, 02:34 AM
How does Sharia law handle those that misuse language :)

Something with their tongue perhaps?
(Not really sure that I want to contemplate that.)
:eek:

Or maybe fingers if it was typed?
(Or that either.)
:(

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
lol @ anyone that believes this is happening

hooray for anti-islamic scare mongering

libertarian4321
11-18-2008, 02:53 AM

The article is more silly than disturbing.

The debt will be financed the way it always is- by selling debt instruments- savings bonds, Tbills, Tbonds, and the like.

When you buy a Treasury Bond, you buy a Treasury Bond, you don't get to attach stipulations to it.

BTW, most of these instruments will be bought by AMERICANS, but other people around the world will buy them as well.

Despite wild speculation/fantasy to the contrary, only a tiny percentage of US government debt is owned by either the Arab or Islamic world. Its mostly owned by Americans, with Japan, Chinese and Europeans owning most of the rest.

BucksforPaul
11-18-2008, 03:21 AM
"A woman is eligible for only half the inheritance of a man.
A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather.
A woman may not leave the house without her husband’s permission.
A Muslim man may marry four women, including Christians and Jews; a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim.
Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible.
Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning.
Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation.
Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial.
Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible."

What a bunch of bullshit lies about Islam usually propagated by ignorant polytheists. How unfortunate that Dr. Paul's supporters also fall for this crap. Only an ignorant person would attribute the above to Islam. Did you know that according to the Department of Justice a woman is raped in the US every 32 seconds? What happened to women rights in the US? A woman's right to her body is as important or at best second as her right to life but obviously this is not the case in the US. And considering that the US is overwhelmingly Christian should this lack of a woman right not to get raped be blamed on Christianity? Of course not, but if I were to use the above illogical argument then it must be so. Many times it has been said even by me that Ron Paul's supporters are the most informed, but the ignorance in this thread is comparable to the neo-cons.

Here is just one article that disproves the lies quoted above.

"Women's Rights in Islam"

By
Jacqueline S. Waheed

Following are some rights, which Muslim women have!

1. The RIGHT and duty to acquire education.

2. The RIGHT to have her own independent property.

3. The RIGHT to work [job or business] to earn money, which she keeps it.

4. The RIGHT to equal reward for equal deed and/or work.

5. The RIGHT to express her opinion.

6. The RIGHT to argue and/or advocate her cause or opinion to be heard.

7. The RIGHT to vote since 1,421 years.

8. The RIGHT to provisions from her husband for all her needs and more.

9. The RIGHT to negotiate marriage terms of her choice.

10.The RIGHT to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply don't like him. In Islam divorce is suppose to be last resort.

11.The RIGHT to keep all her own money. [She is not responsible for maintenance of family].

12.The RIGHT to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.

13.The RIGHT to get custody of her children in case of divorce [unless she is unable to raise them for valid reasons]

14.The RIGHT to choose husband of her choice.

15.The RIGHT to refuse a proposed and/or arranged marriage.

16. The RIGHT to re-marry after divorce or after becoming widow.

EXEMPTIONS GIVEN TO WOMEN IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCE.

Women are exempt from:

a.. Fasting when they are pregnant or nursing or menstruating,
b.. Praying when menstruating or bleeding after childbirth,
c.. The obligation to attend congregational prayers in the mosque on Fridays.
d.. They are not obliged to take part as soldiers in the defense of Islam, although they are not forbidden to do so.
But under normal circumstances they are allowed to do all the things that men do.

- Even when they are menstruating, on special days, like the two Eid festivals, they are still allowed to come to the Eid prayers, and menstruating women can take part in most of the actions of the Hajj pilgrimage.

Islamic laws does not requires that women should confine themselves to household duties.

Muslim women have [and are as well] headed Islamic provinces [and states as well], like Arwa bint Ahmad, who served as governor of Yemen under the Fatimid Khalifahs in the late fifth and early sixth century.

Name any other religion, political theory, or philosophy which offers such a comprehensiveness to women by giving her total control of her life and affairs ??? NONE

Think on this!

End of article.

Collectively categorizing 1.5 billion people is what small minded dunces do and I never expected liberty minded individuals on this forum to be this ignorant. By the way since Hitler claimed to be a Christian should we blame Christianity for the death of 60 million in WWII? Again, of course not, unless we used the ignorant and illogical argument of some in this thread.

Peace