PDA

View Full Version : What I did today

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 12:56 AM

Richandler
09-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Don't forget about where he stands on the issues.

Like mentioning getting rid of the income tax.

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM

derdy
09-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I went to a gun show today too in Bridgeton, MO. First gun show I've ever been to. Our Meetup group was a day late on getting the application for a booth, but myself and one of my buddies stood at the entrance to the building and handed out approx. 150 flyers in one hour. For those more interested we handed out DVDs as well.

After we got out of our car at the very back end of the parking lot, one guy stopped and said, "That's one hell of a bumper sticker!" We talked it up with him for a while, older gentleman approx late 50's early 60's. He really knew his stuff. Upon talking to him on just about everything, he said, "You're preaching to the choir!"

One guy walked up to us and thanked us for being there, after we handed him some DVDs he handed us $20! Since we were running low on flyers, we wanted to use the $20 to go print up some more, but we weren't familiar with the area and we couldn't find a copier in time and there was about 30 minutes left of the gun show.

I was suprised at the amount of people who already knew who he was and said that they were watching him. Those that didn't upon informing them on his economic and monetary policies became very interested. Some of the lines that worked best after talking about his pro-second amendment stance, was how he wanted out of the UN and all of these other 'free-trade agreements' that erode our national sovereignty.

One guy simply asked if he was a Republican and then handed the flyer back upon learning that he was. lol Damned neo-cons! Making our job harder. Oh well.

All in all it was a pretty good response. I had a really good time and I found out that I LOVE gun shows! I need to bring a lot more money with me next time. They had some great deals on AR-15's, cheap ammo, no sales tax so long as you paid in cash. Good times! :D

specsaregood
09-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Good work Thunderbolt. What part of the country?

Today (yesterday actually) I stood on a street corner with a "Who is Ron Paul" sign and handed out literature to people attending a street fair for a few hours. People Thank-You! Anybody in this forum that can but hasn't done that yet, do it.

Richandler
09-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Damn two guns shows and lots people who have heard of him. Great! Maybe we should ask how people are hearing about him so we can better exploit those methods.

derdy
09-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Damn two guns shows and lots people who have heard of him. Great! Maybe we should ask how people are hearing about him so we can better exploit those methods.

Several people heard about him from the last debate. Others said they had followed him for a while.

Other people heard of him from the previous gun show at which our group had a booth :D

Our activism in the St. Louis Metropolitian Area is pretty significant.

We have a booth for an entire weekend at our next gun show at a convention center. I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

I think just going to gun shows, you already have at least a really good chance of finding Ron Paul supporters. For the people that hadn't heard of him, especially the gun dealers, they were VERY interested!

I found a flyer that I'll be printing up for our next gun show http://files.meetup.com/536719/Ron%20Paul%202008%20Flier%20-%20Gun%20Owners%20of%20America.pdf

derdy
09-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I forgot to mention, we were exalted for 'doin what you're doin."

One guy asked, "Why are you guys doing this?" I responded, "The press isn't doing their job of informing the citizenry, so we're picking up their slack." He said, "I really like that answer.":D

Just the fact that you're out there on your own time really goes a long way with people and even people that weren't interested thanked us.

Get out there people! You can only do so much on the Internet!

specsaregood
09-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Gun shows Ron Paul promotion is SOOO easy.

You walk up to somebody (vendor or patron):
"Have you heard of Ron Paul?"
"No"
"He is running for President, in 20 years in congress he HAS NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership."
--and then the fun begins....

It's a slam dunk. I encourage everybody. You don't even need a booth, just go as a patron and talk to the vendors. OR stand out front and give out info. My meetup group is attending a Sportsman's Jamboree next weekend, should be good.

Trassin
09-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I have the same question. I passed flyers out after a concert last night. The crowd was far from your "middle clase, watch the debates, gun owner" crowd. These were a bunch of kids that hate the establishment and almost everyone of them knew who he was.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2007, 01:29 AM
At least we have now succeeded in the name recognition department.

derdy
09-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Your local coin dealer is usually an easy convert as was mine.

specsaregood
09-09-2007, 01:31 AM
...was supposed to be a new thread...

cac1963
09-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Good work Thunderbolt. What part of the country?

Today (yesterday actually) I stood on a street corner with a "Who is Ron Paul" sign and handed out literature to people attending a street fair for a few hours. People Thank-You! Anybody in this forum that can but hasn't done that yet, do it.

This is probably the most enjoyable activity out of all of them. I did it last night at a street fair also, a whole lot more rewarding than standing in traffic where you can't interact at leisure with anyone.

katao
09-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Don't forget the most important question to ask, once you have found a
Ron Paul supporter - Have you donated yet?

Elwar
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Don't forget the most important question to ask, once you have found a
Ron Paul supporter - Have you donated yet?

And...are you registered to vote?