PDA

View Full Version : The War Party is Alive and Well - antiwar.com

Lucille
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
The War Party is Alive and Well (http://www.antiwar.com/)

Like a vampire arising from the grave, the War Party is back – with a vengeance.

Barack Obama has yet to take office, and already the War Party is staking its claim to top national security positions. Robert Gates, who defended the surge and urged us to "stay the course" in Iraq, is almost certain to stay on at the Pentagon. And it looks like war supporter Hillary Clinton is going to be our Secretary of State.

This is change?

If the president-elect wants a Republican in his cabinet, why not Chuck Hagel, who opposed the war? Obama pledged to get us out of Iraq. Does the likely Gates appointment mean he may renege on his campaign promise?

We've already sent out an Action Alert to our readers and supporters, urging them to call the presidential transition office – yes, they do have a public phone number! – and protest the Gates sellout...

tonesforjonesbones
11-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Well...seems like obammy is going to be a bigger war monger than bushie was. The commie liberals will applaud him...they already are. Obammy's wars are just...bush's wars were baddddd...stupid hypocrites. tones

vodalian
11-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I find it scary how many "anti-war" folk have outright said that they would support Obama if he took us to war because they "know" he will be doing it for the "right reasons". Hell, most people didn't even know he existed until he ran for president.

On a side note, isn't it crazy how there is this mindset now that starting wars is the job of the president?

Elwar
11-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I work in the defense industry...I supported Ron Paul knowing I'd probably lose my job. When he lost I had no worries.

None of the other candidates really wanted to end the war...(besides Kucinich but he was out before Paul).