PDA

View Full Version : Who here saw the movie "W"?

dude58677
11-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Just saw it.

fedup100
11-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Just saw it. There is so much disinfo on the web, in print and maybe in the movie, that makes it impossible to get a feel for what may or may not be real. My impression of the movie was he was a newby no nothing christian, the kind that goes to AA and then hears one preacher preach something and now he is the new "Moses"

If this movie is true, the Zionists, who are very religious by the way and really do know what the Bible says, used this man to further their goals in the middle east. "W' hasn't got a clue about anything, he was and is just a useful idiot.

The same group that pulled his strings are now firmly in place around BO the hypnotist. If this movie has even some truth in it, I am ashamed to be an American and we should all be very afraid.

http://www.ukcolumn.org/2008/11/10/notably-limited-personality/

Natalie
11-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't trust anything in this movie to reflect how things actually happened.

I might try to stream it online while I'm bored at work.

kathy88
11-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Just saw it. There is so much disinfo on the web, in print and maybe in the movie, that makes it impossible to get a feel for what may or may not be real. My impression of the movie was he was a newby no nothing christian, the kind that goes to AA and then hears one preacher preach something and now he is the new "Moses"

If this movie is true, the Zionists, who are very religious by the way and really do know what the Bible says, used this man to further their goals in the middle east. "W' hasn't got a clue about anything, he was and is just a useful idiot.

The same group that pulled his strings are now firmly in place around BO the hypnotist. If this movie has even some truth in it, I am ashamed to be an American and we should all be very afraid.

http://www.ukcolumn.org/2008/11/10/notably-limited-personality/

since when do preachers attend AA meetings?

fedup100
11-16-2008, 10:27 AM
since when do preachers attend AA meetings?

I didn't say that preachers attend AA meetings. AA teaches a person to trust or turn to a higher power, they never even really talk about God it is just eluded too. Bush fell for this and at the same time, he knew of and heard a tent preacher down in Texas preach......you have to see the movie to understand.

Bottom line though, would you want someone that just got an epiphany that there is a God, in there opinion, but they never read the Bible or study Gods word in any way, but now every major decision they make FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, is based on this idiot believing he is making every decision under the guidance of GOD!

socialize_me
11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I didn't say that preachers attend AA meetings. AA teaches a person to trust or turn to a higher power, they never even really talk about God it is just eluded too. Bush fell for this and at the same time, he knew of and heard a tent preacher down in Texas preach......you have to see the movie to understand.

Bottom line though, would you want someone that just got an epiphany that there is a God, in there opinion, but they never read the Bible or study Gods word in any way, but now every major decision they make FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, is based on this idiot believing he is making every decision under the guidance of GOD!

Do you need to tell us about something?

fedup100
11-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Do you need to tell us about something?

Are you on drugs?

ronpaulforprez2008
11-16-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't trust anything in this movie to reflect how things actually happened.

Give Natalie a Gold Star!

Cinderella
11-16-2008, 12:40 PM
i wasnt very impressed with the movie...

Athan
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
No. It was torture having to deal with this group of traitors for 8 years. Why would I want to see 2 more hours?

Just tell me the interesting stuff and I'll believe your take on it.

winston_blade
11-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I thought it was a pretty solid film, but I hated the political jargon in it and cared much more about the father-son dynamic. I absolutely dispised the Powell worship in the movie. The guy is either an idiot or a liar and which ever one he was, he didn't need to be glorified like that.

trey4sports
11-16-2008, 01:48 PM
solid movie, but thats it. no clue how much fact is in it

Highland
11-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I thought it was a pretty solid film, but I hated the political jargon in it and cared much more about the father-son dynamic. I absolutely dispised the Powell worship in the movie. The guy is either an idiot or a liar and which ever one he was, he didn't need to be glorified like that.

Powell can't run for Prez because he was in charge of the My Lei Massacre in Vietnam...he has bad judgment...see how he agreed to work for Bush

hillbilly123069
11-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I heard it ridicule George,but I'm not seeing it because he may take it as popularity

BenIsForRon
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I like the movie a lot, I thought it was pretty funny. I'm sure we'll get more serious and detailed W movies in the coming years.

I don't know about you guys, but the most intense of the serious scenes for me was the one where Cheney was discussing his middle east strategy for everyone, how they need to seal off Iraq and Iran to control the regions oil. I'm sure that conversation was very similar to many Cheney has had over the past couple decades.

JasonC
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but I did see Oliver Stone(the director) on the daily show. He was completely pro-Bush. He even said that "Bush should go down as the greatest president ever." (not an exact quote, but close)

I wouldn't take anything in the movie too seriously as truth.

BenIsForRon
11-16-2008, 04:33 PM
^you saw him on the colbert report, and he was being facetious. You should have been able to see that, unless it was your first time watching the colbert report.

trey4sports
11-18-2008, 09:16 PM
^you saw him on the colbert report, and he was being facetious. You should have been able to see that, unless it was your first time watching the colbert report.

yeah, stone is a known liberal

tropicangela
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Camera man made me dizzy. Didn't care for the movie much.

ShannonOBrien
11-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I saw the movie. Oliver Stone is one of my favorite directors but this movie just didn't live up to JFK and Nixon standards. I did read in an interview that the studio wanted to try to get the movie out before the election and Stone said he would try to do it. I think that's why it was so bad. If he didn't have to feel rushed it probably would have been great.

escapinggreatly
11-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Only if you count sneaking in for five minutes.

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)

JasonC
11-19-2008, 10:22 AM

Probably was. I wasn't paying close attention, and I didn't hear the whole interview. I think i was on RPF at the time. I just remember hearing him say that and looking up and he had a serious look on his face. Your probaby right, though. Reading RPF can make one delusional :rolleyes:

hypnagogue
11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but I did see Oliver Stone(the director) on the daily show. He was completely pro-Bush. He even said that "Bush should go down as the greatest president ever." (not an exact quote, but close)

I wouldn't take anything in the movie too seriously as truth. I saw it as well. I think you need to re-calibrate that sarcasm detector of yours.

H Roark
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I just saw the movie yesterday night and thought it was very weak! They didn't go far enough in exposing the hard hitting hypocrisies of the administration (ie Rumsfeld's dealings with Saddam, Cheney predicting the quagmire in Iraq...) The movie portrayed the invasion of Iraq as simply vying for oil resources and nothing more.

Yeah I know this was a movie about Bushy, and to those ends I think they did a good job. I've read a couple reviews that say the movie is too soft on Bush and that it just portrays him as a buffoon, but its true! Bush is indeed nothing but a puppet, which is why if you want to do a movie about Bush's legacy as president you'd have to actually do a movie about Cheney.

On a side note, I thought the actress playing Condelleza Rice did a superb job.

nobody's_hero
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
I thought "W" was a comedy spoof. Or am I thinking of another movie that was just out recently?

(I can't actually afford to go to the movies, so I'm just going on some previews I saw, but I remember seeing some previews and thought that it would be a funny movie, maybe it wasn't "W")

qh4dotcom
01-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't waste a penny much less $10 nor my time to see the screw-ups of the last 8 years.

BenIsForRon
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I thought "W" was a comedy spoof. Or am I thinking of another movie that was just out recently?

(I can't actually afford to go to the movies, so I'm just going on some previews I saw, but I remember seeing some previews and thought that it would be a funny movie, maybe it wasn't "W")

It was mostly a comedy, but had serious moments. Like the scene where Dick Cheney lays out his world domination plan is pretty intense.

libertarian4321
01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't waste a penny much less $10 nor my time to see the screw-ups of the last 8 years.

I despise George W. Bush- he's a walking, talking disaster.

However, the movie was just plain bad- painful to sit through.

BeFranklin
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Just saw it.

Lets see.. v .. w.. We need an x movie