PDA

View Full Version : What's interesting about the Paul-Huckabee exchange...

foofighter20x
09-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Dr Paul kind of got Huckabee to admit Iraq was a mistake...

Dr Paul is damned crafty! So crafty I didn't catch it until now. :D

AlexAmore
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
omg you're right, i'm going to have to watch it again now lol.

Broadlighter
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Nice catch! He also got Huckabee to spew the tired old 'honor' and 'unity' nonsense that makes the old guard Republicans feel good and make everyone else cringe.

We know Huckabee went up among the GOP's base, but that only fractionalizes Ron Paul's opposition in the party even more so.

njandrewg
09-09-2007, 12:26 AM
i think they all think its time to pull out. But they have to keep playing by the party lines. Especially since they made such a mockery of Ron Paul for being anti-war

SeanEdwards
09-09-2007, 12:33 AM
These idiots are hung up on the idea that a withdrawal would be like saying the military failed. The truth is, that the military was given a totally retarded fubar mission that jesus and a legion of cherubim couldn't have handled. The failure was the totally incompetent (non-existent?) strategic thinking at the top that led to this disaster. Bush and crew are now just using those brave troops lives and limbs to duck their own responsibility. Bunch of craven lying scum. Bush and Cheney really should be fairly tried and fairly hung for what they've done.

katao
09-09-2007, 12:35 AM
RP should mention that even Huckabee admits it was a mistake in his O’Reilly interview .

Severius
09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Bush has killed Habeas Corpus. On that basis alone he should be tried for treason. That's not even mentioning all the other unconstitutional, liberty depriving laws and executive orders he has made in order to "preserve our safety and freedom" since 9/11. The Founding Fathers went to war with England for far less than this man has done to us.

quickmike
09-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Dr Paul kind of got Huckabee to admit Iraq was a mistake...

Dr Paul is damned crafty! So crafty I didn't catch it until now. :D

Yep, not only did he get the Huckster to admit it was a mistake, but he also got him to basically say "yeah, it was a mistake, we all know that, but its all of our jobs as americans to continue on with this mistake because thats what honor is all about"

Not a single voter in this country, for or against, had any say in them going to war and "breaking" Iraq. So hes telling us we made this mistake as a country even though the congress who represents us didnt declare it? So if George Bush suddenly flips out and launches a nuke at Canada, were somehow all in this together because we have to stand united and not seperated? WTF????? Total hypocracy and makes him a complete douche by default.

What a DUMBASS this guy is.

Believe it or not, I actually had a little respect for this guy before Ron exposed him like that. Thats all gone now.................... Thanks Ron Paul !!!!!!!:D

texasbelle
09-09-2007, 12:56 AM
What a DUMBASS this guy is.

Believe it or not, I actually had a little respect for this guy before Ron exposed him like that. Thats all gone now.................... Thanks Ron Paul !!!!!!!:D

I totally agree! I was totally put off by the whole "break it you buy it" nonsense! What and idiotic analogy. But Ron did get him to admit the failure. Very good point I didnt notice before!

Richandler
09-09-2007, 01:06 AM
The government broke it and the american people don't want to buy it.

That would be a good analogy for Paul.

james1906
09-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I noticed that too after the debate. I was wondering why McCain didn't chime in like he did with Romney. Something like "What'chu talkin 'bout Huck? This is the BEST MUTHAFUCKIN' WAR EVER!"

robatsu
09-09-2007, 01:12 AM
RP could make the point that Americans have sort of voted on the war in the 2006 elections, where they overwhelmingly went Democrat in the (now dashed) hopes that that crowd would end the war and not go into Iran, but that was nixed by Neocon Pelosi.

james1906
09-09-2007, 01:14 AM
The government broke it and the american people don't want to buy it.

That would be a good analogy for Paul.

I'd like RP to say if asked about the 'you broke it, you bought it' analogy to say "If you break something in a store, you offer to pay for it with money, you don't put up your neighbor's kid as a human sacrifice."

quickmike
09-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I totally agree! I was totally put off by the whole "break it you buy it" nonsense! What and idiotic analogy. But Ron did get him to admit the failure. Very good point I didnt notice before!

Yeah, so if it was his mom that broke it, would he be responsible for helping his mom pay for what she broke? Thats what hes saying WE should do.............. pay for big daddy governments screw ups and their breaking of stuff.

AlexAmore
09-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I noticed that too after the debate. I was wondering why McCain didn't chime in like he did with Romney. Something like "What'chu takin 'bout Huck? This is the BEST MUTHAFUCKIN' WAR EVER!"

ROFL

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-09-2007, 01:57 AM
When we have Universal Healthcare, I wonder how the Huckster will respond when Hillary tells him, "We are all in this together. One nation under God."