PDA

View Full Version : How early should we decide on the 2012 candidate?

Elwar
11-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Ok, if nobody else puts the page together for the poll/moneybomb (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=168255) I will...I just need to find time to do it.

I'd like to set an initial date for the poll to choose the candidate followed by a moneybomb soon thereafter. Hopefully with decent timing tied to a significant date.

Gary Johnson said he wouldn't talk about 2012 until after January, Ron Paul said it needed to start within six months or so...

What would be a good date? April 15? July 4th? Memorial Day? Along with the following moneybomb...we'd have to give the candidate enough lead time to make his/her announcement and then set up their campaign to the point that they can actually take money in.

Like I said, I'll do the page but I hate to do it myself since I don't have much time (I'm buying a new house in a few weeks, it needs a new roof, kitchen...etc) but I don't think we should split into even smaller factions to be torn apart by the neo-cons later.

Kludge
11-16-2008, 12:35 AM
There was already a poll done here with a fairly high sample. I think they picked Sanford or someone else I've never heard of outside of here.

At this point though, I truly believe dumping money into presidential campaigns are an incredible waste. Many "Ron Paul Revolutionaries" were sleepers trapped in the Two Party cycle or political apathy, some of who returned. We didn't even get into the double-digits with the ridiculous funds we raised for Paul. I think the money would be much better spent in 2010 and 2012 if focused exclusively on congressional candidates. Let the CP and LP handle inefficient and unproductive national campaigns if they so choose.

scandinaviany3
11-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok, if nobody else puts the page together for the poll/moneybomb (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=168255) I will...I just need to find time to do it.

I'd like to set an initial date for the poll to choose the candidate followed by a moneybomb soon thereafter. Hopefully with decent timing tied to a significant date.

Gary Johnson said he wouldn't talk about 2012 until after January, Ron Paul said it needed to start within six months or so...

What would be a good date? April 15? July 4th? Memorial Day? Along with the following moneybomb...we'd have to give the candidate enough lead time to make his/her announcement and then set up their campaign to the point that they can actually take money in.

Like I said, I'll do the page but I hate to do it myself since I don't have much time (I'm buying a new house in a few weeks, it needs a new roof, kitchen...etc) but I don't think we should split into even smaller factions to be torn apart by the neo-cons later.

instead of money bombs we need individual pacs in every last meetup group in the country...grow those groups, max out there money and let them individually vote and decide where to send the money...we will get a mix as it should be and if done right we can run at least 2 candidates in 2012 right up to the general election and thereafter

nate895
11-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Kludge is right (except for the paragraph on how stupid a presidential run is), except we picked Johnson.

Truth Warrior
11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
You and the mouse in your pocket may decide on 2012, whenever you wish.

Elwar
11-17-2008, 07:49 AM
There was already a poll done here with a fairly high sample.

Yes, a poll on one website with a few hundred people does not give much of a base for a movement.

I was thinking more like tens of thousands getting involved to decide, and with that give the chosen candidate a starting point when they announce.

The moneybomb part is so that we don't just have a buttload of people just signing up and voting for Howard Stern (I'd originally wanted to make it so that your donation gave you a vote but the candidates most likely wouldn't have their campaigns set up to receive donations yet).

Even if it's a $10 moneybomb...it gives the campaign a list of donors which would be needed going into the next few years.

Having two candidates in the primaries would be rediculous. Why split the votes?

Truth Warrior
11-17-2008, 07:57 AM
"When people say 'let's do something about it,' they mean 'let's get hold of the political machinery so that we can do something to somebody else.' And that somebody is invariably you." -- Frank Chodorov

Elwar
11-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Ahh well, I didn't think I'd come under such resistance for trying to help get everyone on the same page as to whom we should support in 2012.

I'll just support 20 candidates who say they like freedom.

I don't have time to create a site anyway.

Alawn
11-19-2008, 04:02 AM
2010 right after the election

damon04
11-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Everyone focus on running/supporting candidates for your local positions, state positions, and CONGRESS!!! START NOW!!!

DXDoug
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Who ever is gonna run we need to make sure we allllllllllll get behind him. We need everyone from atleast the 3rd partys to join together behind that person.