PDA

View Full Version : Key to Success in 2012 - Precinct Leaders!

Misesian
11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Where we failed this time around was thinking that waving signs, plastering Tyvek everywhere, and thinking that a national campaign can win a grassroots election.

I'm sure many of you also got involved in LOCAL campaigns after your primary ended and you gained the experience of how a grassroots campaign works.

If we're to win in 2012, we have to begin now. The Campaign For Liberty is established to run like a campaign and the precinct leader system is invaluable for organizing at a local level like a campaign would.

Time is not on our side so please sign up as a precinct leader already with the C4L: https://www.campaignforliberty.com/signup.php#form

If you've already registered then login, and click on the upgrade link to become a precinct leader.

The first and most easiest thing to do is take a stack of C4L general slim jims (once they become available) and do lit drops at the houses of your Republican supervoters. Then track the county membership data and see how many new members join. Do the same to independent supervoters, and democrat supervoters, to see which group of voters that our message most likely appeals to. Voter information can be attained from your local Supervisor of Elections office typically.

I plan to do the above, in addition to follow ups with knocking on doors, phone banking, and some mailers. If we can recruit new members now we can they can help us recruit the voters in 2011 (who would also have been exposed more to our message from the literature).

Win in 2012, become a precinct leader!!

evilfunnystuff
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
dont forget 2010

Austin
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
More important than becoming a precinct leader is becoming a precinct committeeman. If you don't know what that is, or what the differences are, please PM me. It is absolutely essential to our advancement in the liberty movement.

Misesian
11-15-2008, 09:23 PM
More important than becoming a precinct leader is becoming a precinct committeeman. If you don't know what that is, or what the differences are, please PM me. It is absolutely essential to our advancement in the liberty movement.

Precinct Committeeman is with the Republican Party. It's important to influence a local Republican Executive Committee but overall not very important to winning elections.

Winning elections takes well organized campaigns and a lot of hard work. We had local campaigns that were run by candidates who were thought to be the future "also-rans" simply because they focused on the people. Door to door, knocking and talking to EVERY voter, was the key. That's obviously a lot of work but we can still win elections with having to go to every single voter in our precinct and spend 5-10 minutes speaking with them.

What's good about being active in our party is that these people are also active and you can convert a number of them by just simply being nice, friendly, and discussing issues and eventually getting them to read Ron Paul's book and some others from the reading list.

Though I'd argue first and foremost being a PL with the C4L is of utmost important to victory in 2012, and 2010 too. Now that elections are over we have to Campaign for LIBERTY and all of these issues.

Aratus
11-16-2008, 11:47 AM
bump...

Sandra
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Where we failed this time around was thinking that waving signs, plastering Tyvek everywhere, and thinking that a national campaign can win a grassroots election.

I'm sure many of you also got involved in LOCAL campaigns after your primary ended and you gained the experience of how a grassroots campaign works.

If we're to win in 2012, we have to begin now. The Campaign For Liberty is established to run like a campaign and the precinct leader system is invaluable for organizing at a local level like a campaign would.

Time is not on our side so please sign up as a precinct leader already with the C4L: https://www.campaignforliberty.com/signup.php#form

If you've already registered then login, and click on the upgrade link to become a precinct leader.

The first and most easiest thing to do is take a stack of C4L general slim jims (once they become available) and do lit drops at the houses of your Republican supervoters. Then track the county membership data and see how many new members join. Do the same to independent supervoters, and democrat supervoters, to see which group of voters that our message most likely appeals to. Voter information can be attained from your local Supervisor of Elections office typically.

I plan to do the above, in addition to follow ups with knocking on doors, phone banking, and some mailers. If we can recruit new members now we can they can help us recruit the voters in 2011 (who would also have been exposed more to our message from the literature).

Win in 2012, become a precinct leader!!

Your org will fade if you don't use the RonPaul08.com website as a model. There are thousands of "liberty" websites out there making the same appeal. Your org is too exclusive - lower the fee.

Misesian
11-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Sandra,

The Campaign For Liberty is Ron Paul's organization, not mine.

I'd probably argue that there's really not that many other "liberty websites" out there making the same appeal, as non are setup as a campaign like the C4L is.

Are you talking about the requirement to be a dues-paying member in order to become a precinct leader? Well I can tell you for one that voter data can be costly so the $35 membership fee helps cover some of these costs in addition to the training material that can cost WELL over $35 if attending these in person.

Not sure if you were one, but I was an active organizer for the meetup in my county, and the worst thing a county coordinator is faced with is a bunch of people signed up as activists, but only 2 of them do anything, and a few others have some ulterior motives. The $35 eliminates those who aren't serious.

Let's face it, $35 isn't trivial, but certainly anybody can save up for this amount in a couple of weeks.