PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! T. Boone Pickens Didn't Really Care About the Environment!

Knightskye
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3191448&referralPlaylistId=playlist

Energy is plunging, so Pickens is pulling back on his wind farm idea.

It stopped being so profitable an idea. :)

RSLudlum
11-15-2008, 06:13 PM
LOL...Reminds me of Walter Williams' statement about not giving a "hoot" about the Spotted Owl. Profit and Property Rights are the ultimate environmental protection policy.

TastyWheat
11-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Pelosi will make sure some money gets thrown his way. She has plenty of stock in his company.

berrybunches
11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
:eek:

tonesforjonesbones
11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
no surprise there..he wanted taxpayer money to fund his project. tones

Ethek
11-18-2008, 08:35 AM
I believe Pickens initial motive was to create a more acceptable way to seize land through eminent domain. He owns hundreds of billions in water rights from a massive aquifer but has no way to distribute that water to drought starved cities. He has been repeatedly shot down in his efforts to have the land seized by eminent domain in the Texas legislature. He does not want to pay the land value so hes trying to have the government do it for him.

Wind Power is a more politically correct way for him to do it. He can use the same right of way for the water lines as the transmission lines. Democracy is where 51% get to use the government to tell the other 49% how to live... I'm afraid Obama will have no problem using popular opinion to use Government intervention for something its really not supposed to be involved in. Private property is one of the pillars of freedom.

Its no surprise hes pulling back on wind. I think hes on track to get what he really wants.

WRellim
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3191448&referralPlaylistId=playlist

Energy is plunging, so Pickens is pulling back on his wind farm idea.

It stopped being so profitable an idea. :)

Which proves, among other things that he is a "short-term-profit-minded" person -- aka a speculator in political handouts -- and in final summation, an idiot (energy prices will go back up, and when they do, his investment would have been very wise; but that would require long-term thinking.)

wizardwatson
11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Which proves, among other things that he is a "short-term-profit-minded" person -- aka a speculator in political handouts -- and in final summation, an idiot (energy prices will go back up, and when they do, his investment would have been very wise; but that would require long-term thinking.)

Well, he's an old man who will die relatively shortly. I like how he always emphasizes "I'm an oilman, but..." Reminds me of the main character from "There Will Be Blood".

cthulhufan
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
When one of the world's wealthiest individuals tells me they have a "plan" for me, I tend to be very skeptical. I read up on this man, his "plan", and his actions in Texas and elsewhere. I'm glad to see him "go".

Don't let the door hit you.

Knightskye
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Pelosi will make sure some money gets thrown his way. She has plenty of stock in his company.

I heard John Edwards had shares of some healthcare company. Something starting with an 'A', I think.

And he's for universal healthcare! He's such a good guy! :cool: