PDA

View Full Version : Hillary for Sec of State?

tajitj
11-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Urbangrounds blog makes some good points about those two.
http://urbangrounds.com/

Remember back when Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were competing in the Democrat primary? And Obama claimed that his foreign policy experience was superior to that of Hillary by virtue of him having “lived abroad” when he was a child?

He said his “life experience” gave him a better feel for international issues than most candidates gain from official trips to other nations:

“Probably the strongest experience I have in foreign relations is the fact I spent four years overseas when I was a child in Southeast Asia,” Obama said.

And what did Hillary have to say about that?

Voters will have to judge if living in a foreign country at the age of 10 prepares one to face the big, complex international challenges the next president will face.

And what did Barack have to say about Hillary’s foreign policy experience?

Obama said that Clinton’s foreign policy experience consisted of “having tea in foreign countries.”

Which of course now makes her qualified to be Obama’s Secretary of State.

Brilliant choice, Barry. Brilliant. Unless of course your choice is actually to disarm Hillary by removing her from the Senate…

Roxi
11-15-2008, 09:45 AM
they had announced on one of the MSM networks a few days ago that the "transition team" had picked hillary as the sec. of state, but that she had not accepted the position yet, and several months ago hillary had said she wouldn't take a position like this, but they think she will change her mind for some reason...

i wondered why i hadn't been hearing any feedback from RPF on this matter

and how powerful is that position? how many people would have to have an accident before she was pres?

angelatc
11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
There's no change in foreign policy coming, and Ron Paul told us to expect that. From the American Conservative magazine blogs:

Obama to betray everyone immediately (http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/11/14/obama-to-betray-everyone-immediately/)

Barack Obama won the nomination precisely because of he touted his superiod judgment on the Iraq War.

During the primaries, he made this a standard line of attack:

“They should ask themselves: Who got the single most important foreign policy decision since the end of the Cold War right, and who got it wrong?”

And now, Obama –hope of antiwar liberals and many Obamacons– may appoint someone “who got it wrong” for Secretary of State.