PDA

View Full Version : How to refute most common criticisms of RP?

Noog
09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I've just recently become a fan on RP's and I'm curious what the most common criticisms of RP are and how to intelligently refute them. I'd like to talk to people about him, but I'm not sure what negatives (I've only read positives) they might bring up. I'd like to be prepared. Thanks for your help.

SeanEdwards
09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I think the best strategy is NOT to refute people. If you want to turn others onto RP, just direct them to check out RP on their own. RP sells his ideas better than just about anybody, and if you try to argue with people you're more likely to turn them off. I'd recommend just saying that you are excited about his campaign and urge your friends to check him out on youtube, etc.

klamath
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Wecome aboard! Probably the best thing is to surf around the net. You will find sites out there attacking him. If you read anything you don't know about ask the group here and believe me you will get answers to your questions.

Richandler
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Well it doesn't help if you don't post what criticisms you wish to debate against so that really doesn't help. Usually point out how the government, no matter who is incharge, screws up everything always works.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-08-2007, 10:52 PM
The best possible way, would be for you to read up! I have learned a lot from watching Ron Paul speak about issues, you might want to head over to youtube and watch any Ron Paul interview you can get your hands on. Also, being in this forum will teach you a lot.

And anything you are unclear on, you can ask the forum. I know I do. And if anyone is real interested, you can direct the here too.

jblosser
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
"I haven't heard of him, so he doesn't have a chance" is pretty common right now. His straw poll win record is great there: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

Other than that it's people confused about the war and his stance on it and people confused about the need for small (or at least legal) government.

Bryan
09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
We keep a list of some of them here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2948

Welcome! :)

Noog
09-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow, great post Bryan. That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for everyone's help.