PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in 2012?

Uriel999
11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/11/ron-paul-might-run-again-in-2012-should-decide-by-mid-2009/

Check it. Start saving for those money bombs now. :D

heavenlyboy34
11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
that would be awesome! I bet he'd win, now that everyone knows he was right. ;) Hopefully, I'll find a job by then so's I can contribute to the money bombs.

satchelmcqueen
11-15-2008, 09:04 AM
i hope he does. i will vote for him and i also have a few more people who will since this election almost killed them.

tonesforjonesbones
11-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Why are ya'll clinging to this? you know he is not going to run. He just stated in that NYT blog interview that he is a Republican and will remain a REpublican. Please come down to earth. Continue to spread his message for Liberty. tones

heavenlyboy34
11-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Why are ya'll clinging to this? you know he is not going to run. He just stated in that NYT blog interview that he is a Republican and will remain a REpublican. Please come down to earth. Continue to spread his message for Liberty. tones

I know that it's nearly impossible, but I can dream, can't I? :)

Uriel999
11-15-2008, 03:27 PM

Yes, so he could run republican in 2012. With the recent collapse of the party, its our time to take it back to the principles of limited government and freedom.

Conservative Christian
11-15-2008, 06:16 PM
I doubt he'll run in 2012, for various reasons. One being that he'll be 77 years old.

I would happily support him at that age, but your typical Republican won't.

At this point, I believe he can do more good by focusing on building his Campaign for Liberty.

Educating the electorate is the only thing with a chance of saving us.

Electoral politics without proper education of the people on critical issues, is the main reason we're in the serious trouble we are now.

nickcoons
11-15-2008, 11:25 PM
His presidential campaign didn't get him the White House or even his party's nomination. But he opened the eyes of many people and now the freedom movement is bigger than it has been in a very long time. There's no reason he can't or won't run again if for no other purpose than to spread the message louder and further, even if he's "too old to win."

Uriel999
11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
His presidential campaign didn't get him the White House or even his party's nomination. But he opened the eyes of many people and now the freedom movement is bigger than it has been in a very long time. There's no reason he can't or won't run again if for no other purpose than to spread the message louder and further, even if he's "too old to win."

Exactly, just keeping spreading the message. With the party broken as it is, perhaps we stand a better chance of getting back the republican party from the neocons.

Conservative Christian
11-16-2008, 12:04 AM

The White House isn't where the action is at. The U.S. Congress is.

Paul and the Campaign for Liberty should concentrate on finding and grooming candidates for the U.S. House in all fifty states, and providing them with financial support and campaign staff/help.

nickcoons
11-16-2008, 12:11 AM
The White House isn't where the action is at. The U.S. Congress is.

Paul and the Campaign for Liberty should concentrate on finding and grooming candidates for the U.S. House in all fifty states, and providing them with financial support and campaign staff/help.

I agree that that should be their primary focus. But nothing seems to beat the coverage that Ron Paul (and by extension, his message) received as a presidential candidate. The goal is not necessarily for him to win the White House, but to get the exposure that comes along with pursuing it. I thought I was clear about that in my first post.

itshappening
11-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I hope he doesn't run. the people who he employs in the campaign and who he trusts don't really have a clue how to win Iowa or New Hampshire or certainly didnt show it the last time so nothing would change there.

if you want to give millions of dollars for 5% of the vote then it's up to you guys.... but I really think we need a new candidate with new ideas and a new campaign, im hoping that person can be Johnson

Shotdown1027
11-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I gave a couple hundred bucks to the Ron Paul campaign and it "only achieved 5%". Over 1 million people voted for the freedom message, 500,000 were new liberty voters. Seems like a great investment to me.

newyearsrevolution08
11-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I think we should not put all our eggs in one basket OR portray the ONLY fix is having ron paul as president. It makes it too easy for them to win next time as well.

We need MULTIPLE candidates and in ALL parties.

Have 2 candidates in the repub and democratic parties so we can also get the party line voters as well.

Does anyone realize how old ron is????

Let's say we get him president in 2012. By the time he is out of office for his first term he would be climbing the 80 mark almost.

I love the man and happy he was a teacher for so many years, it is sad that it took people this long to finally wake up and listen to him though.

We need NEW BLOOD in office....

And presidential candidates running on the constitutional platform who are CURRENTLY in office so they can actually be looked at as serious.

So who do we actually have in senate, congress or even governor that is worthy? I don't personally see any yet.

So we need to get people into office first, how do you get into congress and senate? Well you just start at the top right? Just go and run for senate or congress.... yup how well did that work for our candidates?

Maybe we need to start in mayors, city council and POSSIBLY put together a strategy that is not a "1 year fix" like it seemed many were hoping for with ron paul and this election.

So do we have any mayors, city council, governors that are backing the constitution NOW? Ones that could be brought out to the spotlight, like they did with palin? Ones that have the 4-8 years or even longer to work towards the goal of senate, congress and even president?