PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Man

forsmant
11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Has anyone read the book The Forgotten Man by Amity Shales of the CFR. What did you think of the conclusions and historical accuracy?

Where is that new book forum?:p

Bruno
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Has anyone read the book The Forgotten Man by Amity Shales of the CFR. What did you think of the conclusions and historical accuracy?

Where is that new book forum?:p

I just got it in the mail today! I had heard her on Glenn Beck and had been meaning to buy it. I have a Stossel book to finish first, though, before I tackle this one.

It did raise my eyebrow when I read her affiliation with the CFR on the back cover. Mmmm.

What did you think?

forsmant
11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I am through the first 100 pages. There is an awful lot of name dropping and background developing of the some main characters of the depression. Rather dry reading but somewhat interesting. A lot about communism in the first hundred pages and then it gets into the crash.

I let you read it too before I get too descriptive.

0zzy
11-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I am through the first 100 pages. There is an awful lot of name dropping and background developing of the some main characters of the depression. Rather dry reading but somewhat interesting. A lot about communism in the first hundred pages and then it gets into the crash.

I let you read it too before I get too descriptive.

Don't want to get rid of the ending do ya? ;)

Bruno
11-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Don't want to get rid of the ending do ya? ;)

Lol. That's alright.

TastyWheat
11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for mentioning the book. I heard about it on Glenn Beck but I forgot the name.

forsmant
11-15-2008, 08:38 AM
The is little talk on the Federal Reserve's role in the cause of the boom and bust. Plenty of blame on Hoover and Roosevelt though.

Lots of interesting tidbits of history and an interesting read.