PDA

View Full Version : My one man sign waving in DC

james1844
09-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to let the board know that this afternoon, I stood on a busy street in DC with a Ron Paul for President yard sign. I was there for about 40 minutes, but got several good honks. One lady saw the sign and shouted at me "Oh Yeah, Ron Paul for President", then the two guys in the back of her car stuck their heads out the window and shouted "Paul/Gravel!!!".

The revolution is spreading!

-James

TheConstitutionLives
09-08-2007, 10:05 PM
You're the man!

nullvalu
09-08-2007, 10:05 PM
good job :)

itsnobody
09-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to let the board know that this afternoon, I stood on a busy street in DC with a Ron Paul for President yard sign. I was there for about 40 minutes, but got several good honks. One lady saw the sign and shouted at me "Oh Yeah, Ron Paul for President", then the two guys in the back of her car stuck their heads out the window and shouted "Paul/Gravel!!!".

The revolution is spreading!

-James

Next time we should go there with about 100 supporters spread out...

BLS
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I drove over an hour to our RP sign making party this morning.

On the way there (with a monster hangover), a man, probalby in his 50's, pulled up next to me, and HONKED his horn like mad.

My first reaction was to give him the 'bird'.
But he kept on, and I didn't flip him the finger.
He pulled up next to me at the next light...rolled down his window and said "RON PAUL IS THE MAN!!!".

He apparently saw my 2 bumper stickers.

I thanked him, and moved on....

But in all reality...I drove away at 8am, tired, and not feeling motivated, that NOW is the time for change.

I felt inspired this morning, because of this no named man.

He left me with a sweet taste in my mouth.
I realized I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Keep fighting the good fight.

ronpaulhawaii
09-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I know it's not easy to get out there alone...

Felt good though, didn't it?

Thanks, your efforts are appreciated.

mkauai

inibo
09-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Next time we should go there with about 100 supporters spread out...

Yeah, give us a head's up next time and we'll be there with you.

Eroberer
09-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I know sign waving is very effective. Last week a store was going out of business and was selling their stuff for 40-60% off. They advertised on a radius of about 10 blocks from the store. I could barely make out what store it was on the sign. However, as I happened to pass the store, the parking lot was almost full.

So a group of 20 or so people with a reasonably sized Ron Paul sign each could spread out over a large area in a city and get lots of people to see the signs.