PDA

View Full Version : John Cox Invited to Debate

paulaholic
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
According to his official website, John Cox has accepted an invitation to the Iowa State debate in November, which will be on MSNBC.

This is kind of surprising. But it's a good sign for us, if they're inviting Cox, Dr. Paul won't be eliminated from the debates any time soon. :)

nullvalu
09-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Why would they eliminate Paul when he provides the only fireworks on the stage?

BuddyRey
09-08-2007, 10:17 PM
This doesn't sound like good news to me. It means another neocon religious theocrat thrown into the mix to keep RP from getting more than 2 minutes to talk.

I'm bumming right now.

LizF
09-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not happy about having more neocons on stage siphoning up precious talking time, although, as RP has pointed out in the past, the more pro-war candidates there are, the more of them there are to split the pro-war/neo-con vote.

I can't find any financial info on John Cox on Open Secrets. Is he even going to be able to hang on financially until this November debate? Maybe he's just looking for exposure so he can raise his profile or be selected as VP. (He looks like he might be happy attending funerals for 4 yrs).

http://www.cox2008.com/cox/

Bryan
09-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I actually like Cox more than any of the others, at most he seems "neo-con light" but I don't think "butter and guns" is his MO. I got to hear him speak some at the Iowa Straw Poll and the Texas Straw Poll.

paulaholic
09-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I think it's good they're giving him a chance. He's not a puppet like the others and should bring some fresh perspective.

Ron will still get plenty of time to talk. Cox will get less time than Mike Gravel. Not to mention one or more of the bottom three will probably have dropped out by then.

angelatc
09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Cox is independently wealthy. He's no Perot, but he has more cash on hand than several candidates.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I actually like Cox more than any of the others, at most he seems "neo-con light" but I don't think "butter and guns" is his MO. I got to hear him speak some at the Iowa Straw Poll and the Texas Straw Poll.

He's just a stupid moron.. I'd like to see him go fuck himself. God damn it. They're smart. They want to do this to purposely screw Ron Paul!

John Cox is a god damn nobody lol The man got beaten by an interviewer in some little show once.. youtube it. He didn't even know if we have any military in Israel. His answer to everything was ... "well, I'm not a career politician" that's not excuse to be a douche bag. LOL

Corydoras
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Cox being there does mean that there will be another signatory to the American Freedom Agenda in addition Ron Paul, so maybe, just maybe, there will be the opportunity for the issue of civil liberties to really get some attention.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Cox being there does mean that there will be another signatory to the American Freedom Agenda in addition Ron Paul, so maybe, just maybe, there will be the opportunity for the issue of civil liberties to really get some attention.

Why is it always an hour and a half? Why not fuckin 5 hours? lol

jmarinara
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm not happy about having more neocons on stage siphoning up precious talking time, although, as RP has pointed out in the past, the more pro-war candidates there are, the more of them there are to split the pro-war/neo-con vote.

I can't find any financial info on John Cox on Open Secrets. Is he even going to be able to hang on financially until this November debate? Maybe he's just looking for exposure so he can raise his profile or be selected as VP. (He looks like he might be happy attending funerals for 4 yrs).

http://www.cox2008.com/cox/

Cox is trying to remain a candidate long enough to get federal matching funds. McCain and Feingold's answer to getting the money out of politics.

He is the Al Sharpton of the right.

Razmear
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Cox had the best entrance music at the Iowa Straw Poll (Led Zep) but once he started to speak he blew it. He would have done better just playing 15 minutes of classic rock.

eb

angelatc
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Did you actually hear the Cox entrance music? it wasn't truly Led Zepplin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEY_Dr7nHw - right after "the oath he swore" makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Razmear
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
OK, now I'm freaked out. Is that what he played at Iowa cuz I didn't even notice at the time it wasn't the original. (maybe cuz I was singing along with the original lyrics)

I wonder what happens when you play his version backwards? And does he have any other Neo-Con Greatest Hits? This could be a K-Tel best seller.

Thanks for pointing me to that vid, that was one of the most freaky things I've seen in a long time.

eb

edit:
Video Blogged and Dugg at http://DontVote4.us

Misesian
09-10-2007, 09:21 AM
He's just a stupid moron.. I'd like to see him go fuck himself. God damn it. They're smart. They want to do this to purposely screw Ron Paul!

John Cox is a god damn nobody lol The man got beaten by an interviewer in some little show once.. youtube it. He didn't even know if we have any military in Israel. His answer to everything was ... "well, I'm not a career politician" that's not excuse to be a douche bag. LOL

When you post on these forums. Do you ever tend to think "WWRD" beforehand?

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM

Amen

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM

No. I think Reagan was a jackass :) I do my own thinking, what about you?

Bryan
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Let's be nice everyone... :)

Paulitician
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
John Cox doesn't belong up there with the other candidates. I looked up the video JosephTheLibertarian was talking about and he had no idea what he was talking about. That guy needs to go back home. Didn't he visit every county in Iowa and only got 41 votes in the straw poll? LOL

angelatc
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
But he did win a Straw Poll in South Carolina.

I'm fine with letting him up there.

Phil M
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Though I commend MSNBC for being the fairest network to the second tier (especially for having random standing orders at debates unlike FOX, ABC, and CNN), this does seem like a little much. I suppose inviting him to one debate isn't going to hurt anyone, but I haven't heard him give any reason for why he wouldn't be able to support, say, Duncan Hunter.