PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys I can fund a small ad for a short time, but..

mavtek
09-08-2007, 09:50 PM
http://pub.xedice.com/NewsgroupMediaKit.pdf

What do you think of this news agency?

They market to Conservative African Americans in my area, which is Dallas and surrounding areas. I think the pricing is a little much, but I'm concerned that we may not be able to get the votes we need here in Texas!

One market I don't think we've attempted go after is the African American market.

Also would anyone be willing to help with the design of an ad for this paper? Something that would appeal to African Americans? Like the return of our civil rights to all Americans from a Ron Paul presidency? Or an ad that talks about our true enemy the "Neoconservatives and big corporations that only want to run the middle class into the ground. Also his stance on decriminalization of Marijuana.

Ok that's it, give me some advice!

james1844
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Go for it. Don't listen to the naysayers. Go for it and make it happen.

MicroBalrog
09-08-2007, 10:02 PM
The WoD is biased against African-Americans in its enforcement. Far more of them are in prison then should be based ontheir proportion in the populace.

Further, regulations on business prevent the poorest of them from starting their own legal businesses.

dmitchell
09-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Are you targetting all three of these magazines? I notice that the Kuumba readership is much less affluent, which is significant. Also relevant: more women than men, and a very large teen population.

mavtek
09-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Just need advice thus far the editor is very sympathetic to our cause, I won't be doing anything until Monday, but I figure the more ideas I can get the better. I may only target the Garland Journal as that is the most prevalent in the Dallas area.

specsaregood
09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I've got just the guy in mind that could help you come up with ideas for that ad.
http://myspace.com/theblacktruth

I'll PM you his email.

Corydoras
09-09-2007, 02:02 AM
I am very interested in seeing drafts of this ad. There are certainly a lot of African American families who have voted Republican since Lincoln, and I think they should be reached out to.

mavtek
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I am very interested in seeing drafts of this ad. There are certainly a lot of African American families who have voted Republican since Lincoln, and I think they should be reached out to.

I agree, we should really get them involved!

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I agree. This is a wonderful idea. :)

Matt Collins
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Personally I would say that we should focus all of our energy on conservative talk radio targeting Republican/"conservatives".

Corydoras
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Is someone moving on this?
Can people contribute ideas on what to put in an ad?

I'm thinking a header like, "In the 20th century, a visionary spoke of the content of our character. Now another visionary speaks of understanding us as individuals." Then a quote from RP. Then things about fighting the Patriot Act, bringing our armed forces home, etc.

Can anyone build this up, please?