PDA

View Full Version : I put a RP sticker on my wifes van...

bvboys
09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Today, while my kid was playing baseball at the ballpark, her uncle reduced ger to tears. I was not there but I intend to give him my response. To keep my cool I thought I would write it down. I thought being polite would do more good.

Dear Uncle,

Bridget was telling me that you were asking about the sticker on the rear window of her van, and was also wondering why a union member would support a republican. I thought about it and decided to write it down so that I, myself, could make sense of it. And since you asked here is a copy for you too. Please don't assume that since I'm supporting a republican this time that I supported Bush. I usually vote independent and here is why.

The political process in the United States is completely dominated today by a single, well-oiled, vote-buying machine called the ‘Republicrats.’ They are the paid for agents of the corporations. Washington D.C. has become nothing but lobbyists, business men, and lawyers. There exists a growing phenomenon of capitalists running for office, and to think these people have your and my interests at heart is naive to say the least. The lobbyists give the campaigns money and in return the politicians vote to benefit the corporations that supported them.

This is not to discount the subtle attraction the democrat party exerts over many workers. In days past the democrats did in fact represent the working class but those days are long gone. One single case in point, NAFTA. This anti-working man piece of legislation was able to secure passage after Bill Clinton made its passage a major initiative in 1993. NAFTA passed by a vote of 234-200 (132 Republicans and 102 Democrats voting in favor).

The democrats are banking on these traitors to the working class to deliver votes. The democrat parties basic appeal is as a ‘lesser evil’ compared to the idiotic, openly reactionary "Compassionate Conservatism" of Bush. It’s just ‘Good Cop, Bad Cop’ on a national scale.

Most politicians in office have alternating careers as politicians and as business men. Out of all those sitting in Congress, it is not unfair or inaccurate to estimate that 99 out of 100 are either professional lawyers or businessmen, formerly or at the present time.

This election is bigger than anything that affects my wallet. If this country does not do a complete 180 degree turn around I won't need a wallet because there won't be anything to put in it. The war we are currently in is costing the U.S. 300 million dollars a day which we are borrowing from China. There is no way we can continue this. America is already 9 trillion dollars in debt and the Senate has voted to raise the nation's debt limit four times in the past five years. This tells me there is nobody concerned with stopping it, they just keep extending the credit line.

The democrats and republicans are just two political machines working in tandem to give capitalism a democratic face, while at the same time attempting to strangle any movements independent of Capital from moving up the steps of Congress. One such movement attempting to fight its way in is the Ron Paul movement. Who's he? Exactly. The press won't cover him, the other candidates ridicule him, and everyone discredits his chances. Democrats and republicans alike.

He is running as a republican, but it is a strategic move to get as much face time as possible. If he were to run independent it would be as if he did not exist. This just goes to show the power of a two party system, it silences the true patriot. This is the main reason he is on the republican ticket.

Now for a little information about Ron Paul.

First off he has never taken money from lobbyists. He has stated that he is in Washington to try to make a difference so he can leave an America to be proud of to his grand children.

He advocates a non-interventionist foreign policy that avoids entangling alliances. He believes that when a war must be fought, it must be fought to protect the citizens, be declared by Congress, planned out, won and then we come home. He would bring the troops home immediately. No ifs, ands, or buts.

He believes that the federal government has been neglecting its constitutional responsibility to protect its own borders and concentrating instead on unconstitutionally policing foreign countries. He is a strong advocate of border enforcement.

He wants to back our money with gold again. Our currency has not been backed by anything since 1971. It's basically monopoly money.

He wants to abolish the IRS and do away with the income tax and replace it with nothing.

He is a strong supporter of the right to bear arms.

He opposed the Patriot Act which is slowly taking our rights one by one.

He is pro life.

He is anti-big government.

And to top it all off he has a voting record spanning more than thirty years that proves he is a man of integrity that does not flip-flop on these issues.
If you would like to hear more let ME know.

Thanks for reading this and pass it along if you would like.

mavtek
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Good read, good job!

Keep it up!

Rivington Essex
09-08-2007, 09:43 PM
If he still doens't like Ron Paul, ask him for 10 of his friends who are Republicans and ask for their e-mail addresses. Invite them to your MeetUp.

We Can Win

princessredtights
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
That would make a nice letter to the editor, too!

Marceline88
09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Excellent letter, yes send this on to other outlets, you are spot on and that is a great argument to convince diehard Dems, and Independents alike. There are so many who can't stomach another Rep. but this draws out all the points that make ROn Paul so much more than another Republican.

Good luck, your a convincing writer, may you change some minds and hearts with your abilities.

bvboys
09-08-2007, 11:05 PM
good idea I will take it to the paper first thing monday morning.

bvboys
09-08-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks for the compliments, but i will admit i borrowed a couple of points from articles i have read in the past. 90% is mine though

bbachtung
09-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Excellent article.

Depending on where you live, you may want to offer it as a guest commentary for the local paper, rather than a letter to the editor. It is over 800 words long, which is a bit too long for a letter to the editor, but just about right for a guest editorial.

Geronimo
09-09-2007, 12:03 AM
That's a great letter. I think I might widdle it down and submit it to a few local papers. (if it's ok)

disinter
09-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I saw my first Ron Paul sticker on my way home from work the other day... At last, I don't feel alone.

G-khan
09-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Great letter and good job... I would add that if Ron Paul gets elected he will get rid of the income tax. That will be a 25% pay raise and more than your union will ever do for you!

Very good letter - you are a good writer and as others have said send this to more than just her uncle.

Corydoras
09-09-2007, 01:42 AM
If I understand Ron Paul on unions, he does not have a problem with unions at all. He has a problem with only one union per shop (monopoly, rather than multiple unions) and everyone in the shop being obligated to pay dues and be employed under the same terms that the union members are employed on (rather than individual negotiation).

But someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

lynnf
09-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Today, while my kid was playing baseball at the ballpark, her uncle reduced ger to tears. I was not there but I intend to give him my response. To keep my cool I thought I would write it down. I thought being polite would do more good.

This election is bigger than anything that affects my wallet. If this country does not do a complete 180 degree turn around I won't need a wallet because there won't be anything to put in it. The war we are currently in is costing the U.S. 300 million dollars a day which we are borrowing from China. There is no way we can continue this. America is already 9 trillion dollars in debt and the Senate has voted to raise the nation's debt limit four times in the past five years. This tells me there is nobody concerned with stopping it, they just keep extending the credit line.

That is a great response. I'd like to suggest one thing, though -- that you state the true national debt. Due to the way things are hidden in this country these days, few people know it's more like 50 trillion! See link below.

lynn

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53366