PDA

View Full Version : DailyKos recognizes the Federal Reserve disaster

mrkurtz
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Hello fellow patriots.

If there was a time for you all to go to the very liberal website, DailyKos, today is that day:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/12/155056/91/449/659578

Two signs that something is seriously wrong
by gjohnsit
Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 12:50:56 PM PST

Every once in a while in the world of economics an economic indicator will suddenly go crazy. One day the charts all look normal and easy to understand. The next day it suddenly launches into an entirely different world.

What a massive swing in the index means is always open to interpretation (a whole industry exists to analyze these movements), and no one is certain if they are correct until years afterward. Sometimes what it means is more obvious than the why, but the 'why' is ultimately more important.

The Federal Reserve takes over the economy

It took just under 100 years, since its creation in 1913, for the Federal Reserve to accumulate about $800 Billion in assets.
It's taken just two months to nearly double it.

If you have the time, PLEASE do the following:

1) Sign up for an account on DailyKos.
2) Be civil, and add to this discussion. This is our opportunity to civilly educate the far left about the sham that is the federal reserve.
3) You don't even have to mention anything specific about Ron Paul, but hammer down the concepts we've learned.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Ugh. I was just reading the comments. They are far too clueless and I don't have the time. Heck, 1/2 the people here are still clueless what is really going on. Good that the Kos group is beginning to ask questions though.

rational thinker
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Digg it: http://digg.com/political_opinion/Daily_Kos_goes_after_The_Federal_Reserve#

aravoth
11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
DailyKos is a fucking cess pool. They don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Hey look! A Retarded kid learned about the FED! And now the rest of the special ED class is joining in.

How cute.

Nice to see them learning at least. I'll celebrate at least that much.

CapitalistRadical
11-12-2008, 04:43 PM
It's a mirror chamber of Liberalism. You'd have as much success there as a Kos Kid would have who came over here to covertly convert us into Liberalism.

On the other hand, Lew Rockwell has been holding friendly interviews with Liberal icons like Naomi Wolf and Glenn Greenwald, so perhaps I should not be so quick to dismiss it.

mrkurtz
11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
DailyKos is a fucking cess pool. They don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Hey look! A Retarded kid learned about the FED! And now the rest of the special ED class is joining in.

How cute.

Nice to see them learning at least. I'll celebrate at least that much.

I agree with you... but if we've learned anything from Matt Drudge, the most important concept in shifting someone's positions is controlling the narrative.

If DailyKos wants to feature this article on their front page, it means that it's a potential narrative for a very very very left wing liberal site. Right now, I see a bunch of Joe Lieberman stuff on there with hundreds of comments... why can't we make that Federal Reserve thread one of thousands of comments?

Control the narrative... that is how we educate... that is how we campaign for liberty.

Xenophage
11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Someone leave this comment because I'm too lazy to sign up:

"Good job, Inspector Gadget! You mean the Federal Reserve is a bullshit organization that's been fucking our monetary policy in the proverbial poopshoot for almost a century? ONOZ! Maybe we should get our heads out of our asses and start promoting a logical way to determine how the market works and what the money supply should be, like... you know... using the market!"

kthx bai.

Xenophage
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I agree with you... but if we've learned anything from Matt Drudge, the most important concept in shifting someone's positions is controlling the narrative.

If DailyKos wants to feature this article on their front page, it means that it's a potential narrative for a very very very left wing liberal site. Right now, I see a bunch of Joe Lieberman stuff on there with hundreds of comments... why can't we make that Federal Reserve thread one of thousands of comments?

Control the narrative... that is how we educate... that is how we campaign for liberty.

You're probably right. But as I've clearly illustrated in my illustrious career here, the best way to earn respect for your position is by demeaning and demoralizing your adversaries by sarcastically insulting their intelligence and insinuating that you're cooler than they are. After a while, they all come around... because they want to be cool, too.

Then again, that might be too sophisticated for DailyKos readers. Try fart jokes.

tonesforjonesbones
11-12-2008, 05:17 PM
The sign up process is a pain in the deriere....i dispise the daily kooks...and I couldn't make myself take the time. Tones

jave27
11-12-2008, 05:41 PM
The article is pretty solid, though. Yeah, he doesn't grasp the entire backstory, but I doubt many people really do anyway. The more we keep the focus on the Federal Reserve and the damage it's done, the better off we'll be.

Whoever yells the loudest gets the most attention.

angelatc
11-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Isn't there a video you can link to? Something without, say, the Alex Jones spin?

nbhadja
11-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I was on that site for one second before I saw a brain dead moron liberal say "capitalism leads to booms and busts." I Xed the page out immediately. Those morons are beyond repair.

inibo
11-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Isn't there a video you can link to? Something without, say, the Alex Jones spin?

Money As Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8) is always a good one.

Chase
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G3Qefbt0n4

This one is perfect!

escapinggreatly
11-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I get the feeling that anyone who talked about this on Kos would be drowned out almost instantaneously.

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)