PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! Ron Paul writes a Commentary on CNN front page? WTF

Falseflagop
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
is up with that. Smells fishy to me, now they give him the spotlight after the fact? I do not trust the corrupt media.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/11/paul.republican/index.html

Elwar
11-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Rogue Republicans help the Democrats...makes it look like the Republican Party is in shambles.

Conservative media used to trot out Zell Miller whenever they wanted to stick it to the Democrat Party.

Notice that they trot out his Republican credentials as opposed to during the elections they talked all about him running for president as a Libertarian.

gilliganscorner
11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
is up with that. Smells fishy to me, now they give him the spotlight after the fact? I do not trust the corrupt media.

He no longer represents a serious threat to the Establishment. Not in the conventional sense i.e. the Primaries.

yongrel
11-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Great piece!

rockjoa
11-12-2008, 07:58 AM
DIGG IT
http://digg.com/business_finance/Ron_Paul_Why_U_S_is_on_the_wrong_track

Mini-Me
11-12-2008, 08:01 AM
He no longer represents a serious threat to the Establishment. Not in the conventional sense i.e. the Primaries.

I'm quite thankful that Paul is finally being given an opportunity to be heard, but it does kind of disturb me that the owners of the media are confident enough to let their guard down now...

ghengis86
11-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Rogue Republicans help the Democrats...makes it look like the Republican Party is in shambles.

Conservative media used to trot out Zell Miller whenever they wanted to stick it to the Democrat Party.

Notice that they trot out his Republican credentials as opposed to during the elections they talked all about him running for president as a Libertarian.

exactly

DocGrimes
11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
dugg

jmlfod87
11-12-2008, 08:13 AM
they gave him a front page commentary during the bail out too. this isn't unprecedented. they know he gets them tons of hits.

MsDoodahs
11-12-2008, 08:20 AM
The GOP will pull out all the stops to defeat Ron if he runs for his house seat again.

They must REALLY be hating Dr. Paul right about now...

SnappleLlama
11-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I love this man.

gilliganscorner
11-12-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm quite thankful that Paul is finally being given an opportunity to be heard, but it does kind of disturb me that the owners of the media are confident enough to let their guard down now...

It's not about "letting their guard down." The powers that be are quite smug and satisfied that they destroyed his campaign and feel confident they can do so again, should the need arise.

If Paul runs again in 2012 - which I highly doubt - we supporters will have a squaring effect. It took a while to build us to a 1,000,000+ members via education....but we will be ready, right?

nodope0695
11-12-2008, 08:47 AM

Now that they have their messiah, they don't feel threatened by him.

Cowlesy
11-12-2008, 08:51 AM
they gave him a front page commentary during the bail out too. this isn't unprecedented. they know he gets them tons of hits.

Precisely --- it's about webpage hits.

The GOP will pull out all the stops to defeat Ron if he runs for his house seat again.

They must REALLY be hating Dr. Paul right about now...

I love the irony of who needs to be stopped in order for Congressman Paul to stay in office. Democrats? Nope...try again!

Minlawc
11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Dr. Paul has always had a soft spot for Wolf Blitzer.

With Mark Sanford and now this, I have hope that the Republican party may turn back to it's roots. This means saying "no" if Lieberman asks to caucus with Republicans;).

georgiaboy
11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Seems like there's been an interview or commentary of Ron Paul on CNN every week now on a regular basis. Regardless of their motive(s), I'm glad it's happening, and at least he's not just completely old news and being ignored entirely. I see this as boding well for the future.

Minlawc
11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Ron Paul

I kind of chuckled at that one by the way.

Bruno
11-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Another Grand Slam editorial

Maverick
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok, what the hell. Look at this...see anything missing?

Editor's note: Ron Paul is a Republican congressman from Texas who ran for his party's nomination for president this year. He served in Congress in the late 1970s and early 1980s and was elected again to Congress in 1996, serving continuously since then. Rep. Paul is a member of the House Financial Services Committee.

Absolutely zero mention of the Libertarian Party run. Strange that they choose to exclude it now, when all they wanted to do during the primaries was to trot it out ceaselessly every time he appeared.

Jeremy
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

sooooo paranoid... sheese :rolleyes:

Jeremy
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

Absolutely zero mention of the Libertarian Party run. Strange that they choose to exclude it now, when all they wanted to do during the primaries was to trot it out ceaselessly every time he appeared.

CNN is composed of tons of people... not like they had the same people in both cases :rolleyes:

Bruno
11-12-2008, 09:38 AM

I caught that, too. Not an accident, imho

Jbrabble
11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Regardless of the media's motives this is great for Ron Paul. If he does decide to run in 2012 his name recognition with the public will be x1000 what it was in this election.

Maverick
11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
CNN is composed of tons of people... not like they had the same people in both cases :rolleyes:

It wasn't just CNN either. It was every news outlet at the time. Every show he went on, every time there was a commentary on him, they couldn't wait to throw in that LP run. Lots of different people working at lots of different networks, and they still managed to toss out the same info each time.

So why no mention this time? Probably for the reason someone mentioned above...they want to stick to his R credentials now so that they can further ridicule the GOP.

Jeremy
11-12-2008, 09:44 AM
It wasn't just CNN either. It was every news outlet at the time. Every show he went on, every time there was a commentary on him, they couldn't wait to throw in that LP run. Lots of different people working at lots of different networks, and they still managed to toss out the same info each time.

So why no mention this time? Probably for the reason someone mentioned above...they want to stick to his R credentials now so that they can further ridicule the GOP.

Because they want to talk about the GOP like Sanford did... or maybe the person in charge didn't even know. This is how much it matters: _

klamath
11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Get over it people! Any media that RP gets is great. Millions of people will be seeing RP's name now and seeing his statements. RP has not become the footnote to the 2008 campaign as many many pundits declared would happen. RP has become an opinion leader on the debate of the direction of the Republican party. Jump for frigging joy people and get over the bitterness.

Brian4Liberty
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM

Great article! Nice to see Ron get some time without being falsely attacked. Definitely helps the movement.

But there is never a good time to trust the media. This fits in with the neo-reorganization of the GOP. They will ride Ron's coat tails for a couple of years, and then insert one or more neo-candidates that "sound" like Ron Paul (minus any anti-war talk).

See "The next neo-conservative strategy" for a related thread...

georgiaboy
11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Get over it people! Any media that RP gets is great. Millions of people will be seeing RP's name now and seeing his statements. RP has not become the footnote to the 2008 campaign as many many pundits declared would happen. RP has become an opinion leader on the debate of the direction of the Republican party. Jump for frigging joy people and get over the bitterness.

Not only this ^^ , but as the financial crisis deepens, Ron Paul's wisdom and solutions will begin to pick up steam more and more, uniquely positioning him and others with his views.

mport1
11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
DIGG IT

Dugg.

ihsv
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the "wooing stage". They did the same thing to Pat Buchanan. Once they eliminate the immediate threat, particularly if he is influential or has a following, the next stage is to slowly transform the person into a media personality, bring them on more and more frequently, let them have their say, perhaps even give them their own show, etc. The purpose is to woo him, make him comfortable in his new-found status of "television personality", and once the courtship is complete, then they have a way in which to influence and control their opposition.

I believe Dr. Paul has too much integrity to go be suckered to that extent, but the name of the game is to control all opposition, particularly if it is impossible to discredit it.

It's not because they "realize he's right".

paulitics
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Editor's note: " Ron Paul is a Republican congressman from Texas who ran for his party's nomination for president this year. He served in Congress in the late 1970s and early 1980s and was elected again to Congress in 1996, serving continuously since then. Rep. Paul is a member of the House Financial Services Committee"

It used to be something like this:

"Ron Paul, the obscure congressman from Texas, who served as a Libertarian in 1988, is one of over a dozen presidential candidates. He is polling at under 1%".

jacmicwag
11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Editor's note: " Ron Paul is a Republican congressman from Texas who ran for his party's nomination for president this year. He served in Congress in the late 1970s and early 1980s and was elected again to Congress in 1996, serving continuously since then. Rep. Paul is a member of the House Financial Services Committee"

"Ron Paul, the obscure congressman from Texas, who served as a Libertarian in 1988, is one of over a dozen presidential candidates. He is polling at under 1%".

The good old days :).

lodge939
11-12-2008, 01:32 PM

"Ron Paul, the obscure congressman from Texas, who served as a Libertarian in 1988, is one of over a dozen presidential candidates. He is polling at under 1%".He's no longer a threat to the democrats

Knightskye
11-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Not suspicious to me.

He wrote an article and submitted it. And they published it online. Why not?

DIGG IT

Theocrat
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
The Communist News Network loves it when the fascists (the Republican Party) are being attacked. It keeps the attention off their communist party (the Democratic Party) for a little while, and it actually makes them look nicer, too.

Join The Paul Side
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM

Right on. He should keep writing and keep doing as many interviews as possible. That way in 2012 there will be no excuse for people to say they don't know who he is or never heard of him.

:D

heavenlyboy34
11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
This interview makes it seem like RP is part of the 2 party machine and in fact favors it. :( Very sad. I wish RP had found a way to expose that fallacy in this interview. (notice the editor didn't make mention of the C4L or RP's support of 3rd parties:mad:)

awake
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Go Ron Go...