PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ron Paul get sneaky??

socialize_me
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I think on the next thousand-or-so page bill that comes through the House, Ron Paul should stick some nasty clauses in them that no one would notice as no one reads them--like if another Patriot Act comes through. Could Ron Paul jam a little line somewhere in there stating "The Federal Reserve and all of its authority is hereby abolished"

Then the joke would be on these mother fuckers for pushing through a bill without reading it. Probably wouldn't work because it would be debated out of it, correct?? But considering we can get subsidizes for toy arrow manufacturers, I'm sure there's an evasive way to accomplish something like this...or slam in there a requirement for budget controls, etc. etc.

Expatriate
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm sure they analyze anything Ron Paul puts in for just that reason.

Xenophage
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Why doesn't Ron Paul get a fucking BAZOOKA?

Kotin
11-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Why doesn't Ron Paul get a fucking BAZOOKA?

I don't know.. his pocket Constitution is like triple the size of everyone else's.

Carole
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I think on the next thousand-or-so page bill that comes through the House, Ron Paul should stick some nasty clauses in them that no one would notice as no one reads them--like if another Patriot Act comes through. Could Ron Paul jam a little line somewhere in there stating "The Federal Reserve and all of its authority is hereby abolished"

Then the joke would be on these mother fuckers for pushing through a bill without reading it. Probably wouldn't work because it would be debated out of it, correct?? But considering we can get subsidizes for toy arrow manufacturers, I'm sure there's an evasive way to accomplish something like this...or slam in there a requirement for budget controls, etc. etc.
He does not even see the bill until it comes to the floor for a vote.

All the content is done in committees and some by lobbyists.

How the heck is he supposed to "insert" anything?

That is why he is not in a more powerful position, because they will not allow him any power.

So we get Barney Frank (and everytime I hear his name I think of some cartoon character) :mad:

dude58677
11-11-2008, 10:15 PM

Why don't we lobby for a Patriot Act 3 and have all kinds of wiretapping in it with the bill being hundreds of pages long. and at the very bottom, "It states that the Patriot Act applies only to Congressman except Ron Paul. The Federal Reserve is hereby abolished as well as the IRS." We'll form a fake lobby group pretending to be concerned about national security and how wiretapping must be done.

Let's beat them at their own game.