PDA

View Full Version : Pope Calls for New World Order

PatriotOne
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
This article is from 2004. Interesting no?

Pope calls for a new world order

Thursday, January 1, 2004 Posted: 1421 GMT (10:21 PM HKT)

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/01/01/pope.ny.ap/

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Pope John Paul II rang in the New Year on Thursday with a renewed call for peace in the Middle East and Africa and the creation of a new world order based on respect for the dignity of man and equality among nations.

John Paul presided over a morning Mass inside St. Peter's Basilica to mark the World Day of Peace, which the Roman Catholic Church celebrates every January 1. He appeared in good form, delivering his entire homily in a strong and clear voice despite a relatively tiring holiday schedule.

This year, John Paul directed his thoughts to continuing conflicts around the globe. But he stressed that to bring about peace, there needs to be a new respect for international law and the creation of a "new international order" based on the goals of the United Nations.

He called for "an order that is able to give adequate solutions to today's problems based on the dignity of the human being, on an integral development of society, on solidarity among nations rich and poor, on the sharing of resources and the extraordinary results of scientific and technical progress."

The pope lamented continuing violence between Israel and the Palestinians, and also offered his prayers for his ambassador to Burundi, Archbishop Michael Courtney, who was gunned down by assailants this week as he returned from a funeral.

John Paul said Courtney was killed "while he carried out his mission in favor of dialogue and reconciliation" in the central African country, which has been wracked by violence for a decade.

"Let us pray for him, hoping that his example and sacrifice will bring about the fruits of peace in Burundi and the world," he said.

Earlier this month, John Paul issued a formal document marking the World Day of Peace in which he called for a reform of the United Nations and international law to deal with the evolving threat of terrorism.

He said a new respect for international law was the only way to achieve peace and guarantee against the arbitrary use of force. He did not mention the United States by name, but his message appeared aimed at the U.S. anti-terrorism campaign—and in particular at Washington's pre-emptive war in Iraq, which was launched without the specific authorization of the United Nations.

John Paul was a vocal critic of the Iraq war, dispatching envoys to Washington and Baghdad to try to prevent hostilities from breaking out and exhorting world leaders that war was not inevitable and was "always a defeat for humanity."

"Because peace is possible ... it is necessary," he said during his homily Thursday.

The New Year's Mass was the last major celebration of the Christmas season for John Paul, who is 83 and suffers from Parkinson's disease, which makes it difficult for him to speak, as well as knee and hip ailments that make it almost impossible for him to walk or stand.

He cut back some of his holiday activities and scrapped two traditional papal events—the ordination of bishops January 6 and baptisms on January 11.

But throughout the Christmas season, he has appeared far stronger than during the series of celebrations in October marking his 25th anniversary as pope. Then, he was unable to deliver many of his homilies and had to have others to read them on his behalf.

PatriotOne
11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
No response? This should be a WTF moment for Catholics :confused:. Hasn't the Pope READ Revelations :p?

ArrestPoliticians
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
WOW good find!

Monolithic
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
christ, do you people honestly believe that if there was some secret plot to establish this "new world order" these people would CONSTANTLY be using the phrase "new world order" or variations of it

it's just a term, that's it, if they were trying to keep it a secret they wouldn't be saying "new world order" every other fucking week

Original_Intent
11-11-2008, 10:13 PM
christ, do you people honestly believe that if there was some secret plot to establish this "new world order" these people would CONSTANTLY be using the phrase "new world order" or variations of it

it's just a term, that's it, if they were trying to keep it a secret they wouldn't be saying "new world order" every other fucking week

That's one theory.

Another is that by repeating the phrase often enough, "regular folks" i.e. non-conspiracy-theorists will be conditioned to it and eventually accept it.

I honestly think that sometimes the establishment themselves float a "conspiracy theory" weather balloon just to measure reaction to something so they know if they can just do it or if they need to spend some money on TV ads to sell the idea first.

BlackTerrel
11-11-2008, 10:22 PM
VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Pope John Paul II rang in the New Year on Thursday with a renewed call for peace in the Middle East and Africa and the creation of a new world order based on respect for the dignity of man and equality among nations.

Why would have an issue with it unless you have an issue with "respect for the dignity of man and equality among nations." I'm not Catholic BTW (I'm Baptist) just saying...

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Why would have an issue with it unless you have an issue with "respect for the dignity of man and equality among nations." I'm not Catholic BTW (I'm Baptist) just saying...

because it's a lie. Just like US humanitarian intervention abroad.

Dr.3D
11-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Oh well, the Pope puts in pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.... nothing special about him.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 07:46 AM

The use of the term New World Order has only been being used in the media for a month or so. Prior to that, it was kept from the conciousness of the people except for a few ocassions.

We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.

“”If the American people really knew what we had done, we would be chased down the street and lynched.” — President George H.W.Bush to White House correspondent Sara McClendon, 1992

People who have researched the New World Order know is wasn't a secret. Only people who accuse other people of falling for a "conspiracy theory" think it was a "secret" because they didn't bother looking at all the transistions taking place.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM

LOL. This would be a good time to research those behind the NWO. Respect for the dignity of man could not be farthest from the truth when you look at the actions of them and not their flowery words.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
I tend to consider the Pope a junior PTB.<IMHO> ;) :) ( Maybe he's just another "sock puppet" too. :eek: )

Ya think? :rolleyes:

Religion and politics are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.

The ends do NOT justify the means.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh well, the Pope puts in pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.... nothing special about him.

Please let this be the most ignorant post I see all day.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I tend to consider the Pope a junior PTB.<IMHO> ;) :) ( Maybe he's just another "sock puppet" too. :eek: )

Ya think? :rolleyes:

Just trying to teach the New World Order newbies to walk one step at a time. Baby steps :p

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Just trying to teach the New World Order newbies to walk one step at a time. Baby steps :p Gotcha! ;) :D

Dr.3D
11-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Please let this be the most ignorant post I see all day.

Ok, I'll accept your post as being the most ignorant post. It still doesn't change the fact, the Pope is just a man and nothing more.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
People is all there is, human wise. Isn't that just a given? :rolleyes: I've even heard that the Kenyan POTUS is one too. :eek:

A. Havnes
11-12-2008, 08:25 AM
No response? This should be a WTF moment for Catholics :confused:. Hasn't the Pope READ Revelations :p?

Yeah, isn't the Pope supposed to be some sort of Biblical scholar? World government is one the prophesies that signifies the beginning of the end, and as a Christian I feel more that it is my duty to put that off for as long as possible!

I'm not a Catholic, either, by the way.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 08:29 AM
"Que sera, sera".

Hiki
11-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh my god, he said "New World Order"!! Ruuuuun!!!!!

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 08:39 AM
A CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER
http://www.constitution.org/col/cuddy_nwo.htm

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh my god, he said "New World Order"!! Ruuuuun!!!!! "Fight or flight" are two viable options. Some will choose one, some the other.

Zippyjuan
11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Only the consipracy theorists interpret the phrase "New World Order" to mean one world government. Most other people use it to mean some sort of changing the way we look at or do things.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Only the consipracy theorists interpret the phrase "New World Order" to mean one world government. Most other people use it to mean some sort of changing the way we look at or do things. Yep, pretty ignorant aren't they. :D TBTB just really love it. Piece of cake! ;)

sratiug
11-12-2008, 09:29 AM

This year, John Paul directed his thoughts to continuing conflicts around the globe. But he stressed that to bring about peace, there needs to be a new respect for international law and the creation of a "new international order" based on the goals of the United Nations.
He said a new respect for international law was the only way to achieve peace and guarantee against the arbitrary use of force.

International law from the UN will take our guns away making us defenseless and subject to rule by the world government, just as Obama plans. Guns are the foundation of our Republic.

sratiug
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Only the consipracy theorists interpret the phrase "New World Order" to mean one world government. Most other people use it to mean some sort of changing the way we look at or do things.

Don't be such a fool. Why would the pope propose following international law and not moral law? While he is right about Iraq he seems to have forgotten the UN sanctioned wars in Korea and Vietnam and other UN sanctioned wars responsible for millions upon millions of deaths, not to mention UN funded population control measures.

The World Trade Organization is a conspiracy, the UN is a conspiracy, the FED is a conspiracy. You and everyone else who denies conspiracies are idiots.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
The Rise of the Fourth Reich
The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America
By Jim Marrs
http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061245589/The_Rise_of_the_Fourth_Reich/index.aspx (http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061245589/The_Rise_of_the_Fourth_Reich/index.aspx)

FYI, there's some very interesting info in there on some of the WWII high level Nazis escaping capture, using Vatican influence and assistance. ;)

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Monolithic check.
Hiki check.
ZippyJuan check.
Dr. 3D check.

I figured this would be a good thread for the usual mental midgets to gather ;)

We are missing a few though.

Dr.3D
11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Monolithic check.
Hiki check.
ZippyJuan check.
Dr. 3D check.

Forgot to add yourself to the list.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Monolithic check.
Hiki check.
ZippyJuan check.
Dr. 3D check.

People whom I would call rationalists.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 10:07 AM
People whom I would call rationalists. Yep, they just tend to worship rationalizing their perpetual choices of abysmal ignorance. :(

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Forgot to add yourself to the list.

LOL. Don't flatter yourself enough to think that you would ever be on any list that I would be on. You are not even close to being in my league ;).

Now run along and go play in the picture thread. As usual, you have nothing of worth to add in this sort of discussion.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 10:54 AM
People whom I would call rationalists.

Hardly. Rationalists use facts as their source of info to come to conclusions. The facts are on our side, not yours. As far as I can tell, the only thing you use (and others like you) is blind ignorance.

You don't even believe in the New World Order so your credibility has been shot by anyone who has 2 brain cells left to rub together. Time for a screen name change troll.

Agent CSL
11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Well if I had no knowledge of what "New World Order" meant, I'd probably be with you calling us conspiracy theorists. But if you look into the quotes and lives of the past rhetoric, check the history and you see "New World Order" or "New Order" being used synonymously with consolidation of power and economy [in a global way].

Yes, it is definitely changing the way we look or do things. Why would be used to describe something we already do? That wouldn't make sense. But when we change our way or thinking or doing, in the new order of things, it's usually looking globally.

World peace sounds great, but each person's vision of world peace is different. World peace will start a world war. We are human. We are cannibals.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
You don't even believe in the New World Order so your credibility has been shot by anyone who has 2 brain cells left to rub together. Time for a screen name change troll.

Yes I do, I would like for a new world order to come about.

Dr.3D
11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
LOL. Don't flatter yourself enough to think that you would ever be on any list that I would be on. You are not even close to being in my league ;).

You are absolutely correct. I could never lower myself enough to be in your league.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes I do, I would like for a new world order to come about.

Ahhhhh....it is time to move on from the "New World Order" is nothing but a conpiracy theory to the debating of whether this New World Order is a good thing or a bad thing.

So what is your concept of this New World Order and why do you think it to be a good thing? Who are your "hero's" pushing the New World Order agenda? George Bush Jr. and Sr.? The Rockefeller's? Henry Kissinger? The Federal Reserve Banks? The Pope? Hitler? Cheney? The Rothschild's?

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Ah, so the Pope is at it again.

"The Pope also found time to bless the U.N. flag."

"The Pope's comments are of little surprise, given the fact that he has previously called for a "new world order" to combat terrorism, environmental problems, as well as economic imbalances during his Christmas 2005 speech. Pope John Paul II also called for a new world order in a 2004 new years speech. "

http://www.oldthinkernews.com/Articles/oldthinker%20news/pope_blesses_un.htm

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2008/04/20/pope-blesses-un-flag-calls-for-binding-international-rules/

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/pope-blesses-united-nations-flag.jpg

Bonus:

They're Global Citizens. They're Hugely Rich. And They Pull the Strings.
Sunday, May 4, 2008; B01

We didn't elect them. We can't throw them out. And they're getting more powerful every day.

Call them the superclass.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/22/AR2008052203380.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What Power Looks Like
Apr 14, 2008

They ride on Gulfstreams, set the global agenda, and manage the credit crunch in their spare time. They have more in common with each other than their countrymen. Meet the Superclass.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/130637

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Ahhhhh....it is time to move on from the "New World Order" is nothing but a conpiracy theory to the debating of whether this New World Order is a good thing or a bad thing.

So what is your concept of this New World Order and why do you think it to be a good thing? Who are your "hero's" pushing the New World Order agenda? George Bush Jr. and Sr.? The Rockefeller's? Henry Kissinger? The Federal Reserve Banks? The Pope? Hitler? Cheney? The Rothschild's?

Dont have any specifics, the current world order is everything but good. If I have to name someone then it would be Ron Paul.

yokna7
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM

The pope doesn't wear pants.;)

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Dont have any specifics, the current world order is everything but good. If I have to name someone then it would be Ron Paul. Ron Paul believes in the existence of the NWO. Check it out. :rolleyes:

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:16 PM
The pope doesn't wear pants.;)

Are you sure?

We have to ask the choirboys :p

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Dont have any specifics, the current world order is everything but good. If I have to name someone then it would be Ron Paul.

So basically you support the New World Order because of it's catchy name? Why would RP be your NWO hero? He sure doesn't support it.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Ron Paul believes in the existence of the NWO. Check it out. :rolleyes:

And he also believes in creationism. Just because Ron Paul believes in something doesn't mean that it's true.

Btw, has Paul specified what he means with the term?

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:23 PM
So basically you support the New World Order because of it's catchy name? Why would RP be your NWO hero? He sure doesn't support it.

He would end the American empire and bring troops home from all around the world. He would stop intervening in other countries' affairs, he would end the FED and hopefully restore freemarket not only in US but Europe too. Etc.
That would really be a new world order.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
And he also believes in creationism. Just because Ron Paul believes in something doesn't mean that it's true.

Btw, has Paul specified what he means with the term? Look it up, lazy. :p www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Look it up, lazy. :p www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

Nah, got school-stuff to do :mad:

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
He would end the American empire and bring troops home from all around the world. He would stop intervening in other countries' affairs, he would end the FED and hopefully restore freemarket not only in US but Europe too. Etc.

So you think this is what the people pushing the New World Order agenda is about and that is why you go around saying you support it?

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:31 PM

That explains it. What grade are you in? 4th? 5th? 6th?

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 12:33 PM

And the REAL Hiki is just exposed for what he truly is ............... yet once again. :p :rolleyes:

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:33 PM
So you think this is what the people pushing the New World Order agenda is about and that is why you go around saying you support it?

You really have absolutely no idea what I mean with "new world order" and what the term usually means.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
And the REAL Hiki is just exposed for what he truly is ............... yet once again. :p :rolleyes:

Well I'm extremely sorry for educating myself.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
You really have absolutely no idea what I mean with "new world order" and what the term usually means.

Sure I do Jr. You seem to think this is what the New World Order is about and run around saying you support it.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Sure I do Jr. You seem to think this is what the New World Order is about and run around saying you support it.

Yes, that would really be a new world order I'd like to see.

edit: Well isn't that ad-hominem there lifting it's head :rolleyes:

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Well I'm extremely sorry for educating myself.

You have a long ways to go Hiki. Rule 1: Stay out of intellectual discussions before you do your homework on the subject and quit wasting our time. Haven't you heard this before?

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Lincoln

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes, that would really be a new world order I'd like to see.

Sorry to disappoint you Hiki but that's not the one they have planned for you.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
You have a long ways to go Hiki. Rule 1: Stay out of intellectual discussions before you do your homework on the subject and quit wasting our time. Haven't you heard this before?

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Lincoln

Well, all I see here (once again) is people going batshit cause they see a common term being used, maybe that's intellectual then...

You're right about one thing, and that's me wasting my time.

Hiki
11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Hiki but that's not the one they have planned for you.

Oooh.. They? You still have no idea what I mean with "new world order".

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, all I see here (once again) is people going batshit cause they see a common term being used, maybe that's intellectual then...

They are using a common term because they have an ideology in common.

Truth Warrior
11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Well I'm extremely sorry for educating myself. No regrets necessary, you haven't. :D

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Oooh.. They? You still have no idea what I mean with "new world order".

I know what you mean by New World Order. You told me. Problem is Hiki, it isn't even close to what those ushering in the New World Order agenda is. And frankly I don't give a shit what you want to think it means.

PatriotOne
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
No regrets necessary, you haven't. :D

Snort.....

Stoli
11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
That's one theory.

Another is that by repeating the phrase often enough, "regular folks" i.e. non-conspiracy-theorists will be conditioned to it and eventually accept it.

I honestly think that sometimes the establishment themselves float a "conspiracy theory" weather balloon just to measure reaction to something so they know if they can just do it or if they need to spend some money on TV ads to sell the idea first.

I Agree

BlackTerrel
11-25-2008, 11:52 PM
LOL. This would be a good time to research those behind the NWO. Respect for the dignity of man could not be farthest from the truth when you look at the actions of them and not their flowery words.

But he wasn't talking about that. He talked of "the creation of a new world order based on respect for the dignity of man and equality among nations." That means what he said, just because someone strung those three words together doesn't mean it's some grandiose conspiracy. And BTW doesn't the Pope speak Italian - maybe it was a translation.