PDA

View Full Version : Obama Spokesman Says 'Obama Ready to RULE on Day 1'

moostraks
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1.html?q=blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/11/10/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1

OMG :eek:

What type of alternate universe do we live in when people do not openly consider the ramifications of this mindset in the msm??? Did anyone hear this questioned today on talk radio? I have been out of the loop and found this article elsewhere. Not really pulling up on anything but secondary media sites. Video of actual statement at site. Ouch!

p4poetic
11-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Are you serious? lol. What fake outrage. People cling on to words just to have something to say.

noun, verb, ruled, rul⋅ing.
–noun
1. a principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement, etc.: the rules of chess.

Jbrabble
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I think he's right. Using the word RULE is an idication of their true view of Obama's role in politics, a better term would have been "serve".

Maverick
11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
During one of the debates, Jim Leher questioned both candidates on "how they would rule" and neither one bothered to correct him. Or maybe they didn't even notice, which is equally troubling.

Bruno
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
During one of the debates, Jim Leher questioned both candidates on "how they would rule" and neither one bothered to correct him. Or maybe they didn't even notice, which is equally troubling.

I caught that and thought the same thing.

moostraks
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I think the use of words is very telling to a person's mindset. I have to agree that the appropriate word would have been "serve" and would have indicated an entirely different direction of goals. At least we are well aware of how the team views the presidential authority. Also interesting in light of Obama's wish to use executive orders to move quickly on certain issues without silly interference from other branches of government.

HOLLYWOOD
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Give them an "Inch" and they think they're a Ruler! :rolleyes:

Sorry

moostraks
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM

Sorry

Ugh!!!!

moostraks
11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Are you serious? lol. What fake outrage. People cling on to words just to have something to say.

noun, verb, ruled, rul⋅ing.
–noun
1. a principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement, etc.: the rules of chess.

That is a very lame reach. You cannot possibly use that definition in the context of what they were discussing. Do you get paid by the administration-to-be to come here and run interference for Obama or are you another zealous follower waiting for the "new deal" with time to kill?

moostraks
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
definition more appropriate in context:

rule:
v.tr.
1. To exercise control, dominion, or direction over; govern.
2. To dominate by powerful influence.
3. To decide or declare authoritatively or judicially; decree. See Synonyms at decide.

v.intr.
1. To be in total control or command; exercise supreme authority.
2. To formulate and issue a decree or decision

as opposed to serve

serve:

a. To work for.
b. To be a servant to.

.intr.
1. To be employed as a servant.

3. To act in a particular capacity:

BlackTerrel
11-11-2008, 10:17 PM
That's just nit-picking. These guys are recorded 24/7... if that's the worse they can find that's not very bad.

devil21
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
That's just nit-picking. These guys are recorded 24/7... if that's the worse they can find that's not very bad.

More apologizing for Obama. Why are you here?

Jbrabble
11-12-2008, 11:25 AM

If you do the slightest bit of research you'll find that that's far from the worst "they" (the people?) Have found.

Pauls' Revere
11-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Sorry

nniiccee

LibertyEagle
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Terrel, it displays their mindset. Years ago, people would have gone ballistic if someone in government would have talked about "ruling". Now, we just let it roll off our backs. It's just one indication of how far we've fallen. Talk to your neighbors and see how many think there is a problem with the idea of the U.S. having "rulers". I have and I was shocked to find out that many thought that was just fine. Ya know --- to keep all those evil corporations in tow. What they don't get is they are trusting the rooster with the hen house. It is these same "public servants" that we are trusting to watch the corporations, that are being bought off by some of these same corporations to do their bidding and to pass associated laws.

This country was founded upon a healthy distrust of government and those in it. The Constitution was largely written to constrain the federal government and WE THE PEOPLE were the owners of said government. We were told to stay ever vigilant and the truth is, we did not. Now, we have corruption at every corner of our government and a dumbed-down populace filled full of propaganda dished out by the numerous federal government re-education programs that we allowed to be put in place. We have forgotten that we were largely to be self-governed. The federal government was never supposed to do even a fraction of what they are doing now. That is why you hear people talking about the enumerated powers listed in the Constitution and how the fedgov should constitutionally be doing nothing else besides those few things. For some reason, Americans have lost faith in their ability to self-govern and to provide for themselves. We now look not only to our state and local governments, but to the FEDERAL government, to solve all ills. Not realizing that it is this same government that is creating the vast majority of the problems that we are asking them to solve and by allowing them to get more entrenched in every aspect of our lives, we are giving up control over our own lives to the same people that we so badly want them to protect us from.

Now, can you see why some of us are upset with these "ruler" comments and the fact that most people paid little attention to them?

p4poetic
11-12-2008, 07:32 PM
That is a very lame reach. You cannot possibly use that definition in the context of what they were discussing. Do you get paid by the administration-to-be to come here and run interference for Obama or are you another zealous follower waiting for the "new deal" with time to kill?

Perhaps I'm just interested in Ron Paul (and his supporters) and also happens to like Obama?

I know, boooo scary :p

JeNNiF00F00
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Perhaps I'm just interested in Ron Paul (and his supporters) and also happens to like Obama?

I know, boooo scary :p

Not scary, it just doesn't make much sense. Its almost like saying you are a black man who supports the KKK. The two just don't go together, and by putting them together it sounds quite offensive. :rolleyes:

p4poetic
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
A lot of Obama supporters like Ron Paul. I assume you're trying to tell me we/they're polar opposites?

I liked what and how Paul did in the Republican debates as I rewatched them again (I didn't really pay attention at the time) and I agree with many of his points. Is that bad? :confused:

May I add your analogy is kind of odd.

torchbearer
11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
A lot of Obama supporters like Ron Paul. I assume you're trying to tell me we/they're polar opposites?

Now is your time to show how Obama and Ron Paul are alike.
You can educate us.
I am anxious to see the similarities.

Danke
11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Now is your time to show how Obama and Ron Paul are alike.
You can educate us.
I am anxious to see the similarities.

They both talk about change?

Seriously, I would like to here about their similarities too.

FindLiberty
11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
"Help us Electoral College, you are our only hope..."

Vote for Ron Paul on 12/15/2008 and save us from this rulling madness.

SeanEdwards
11-12-2008, 10:08 PM
This is nothing new. Probably millions of Americans have bought into this notion (even if they haven't thought about it consciously) that the President is some kind of cross between a King and Santa Claus and a surrogate daddy. That crazy bitch Katherine Harris said the same junk, "every 4 years Americans get to choose their ruler". People are just stupid fucking followers and this is what they want their politics to be. They don't want personal freedom, they want a daddy to tell them what to do.

FindLiberty
11-12-2008, 10:20 PM
...They don't want personal freedom, they want a daddy to tell them what to do.

So, what should we do daddy-O? ... ;->

nodope0695
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Look at CNN. It's promo says, "Transition to Power" when they talke about Obama assuming the presidentcy.

JeNNiF00F00
11-13-2008, 12:34 AM

I liked what and how Paul did in the Republican debates as I rewatched them again (I didn't really pay attention at the time) and I agree with many of his points. Is that bad? :confused:

May I add your analogy is kind of odd.

I am trying to tell you that if you like Ron Paul's views, then there is no way you can agree with anything that Obama stands for. If you compare the 2 then you really don't understand the principles behind Ron Paul. If you would like to enlighten me however, I am willing to listen to how the two can be compared.