PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Obama Won't Radically Overhaul Bush Intelligence Policy - PuffHo

Lucille
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, there's a shocker.

WSJ: Obama Won't Radically Overhaul Bush Intelligence Policy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/11/wsj-obama-wont-radically_n_142943.html#comments)

President-elect Barack Obama is unlikely to radically overhaul controversial Bush administration intelligence policies, advisers say, an approach that is almost certain to create tension within the Democratic Party.

Civil-liberties groups were among those outraged that the White House sanctioned the use of harsh intelligence techniques -- which some consider torture -- by the Central Intelligence Agency, and expanded domestic spy powers. These groups are demanding quick action to reverse these policies.

Mr. Obama is being advised largely by a group of intelligence professionals, including some who have supported Republicans, and centrist former officials in the Clinton administration. They say he is likely to fill key intelligence posts with pragmatists.

Comments are closed for this entry

Heh.

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
No way.

mczerone
11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
No surprise. Just another issue where Obama's view differs from his raving fans, and aligns with Bush and the Statists.

Too bad his supporters don't really care, or excuse it with a McCarthian "If you've got nothing to hide..."

I feel like walking to Washington, kneeling down at the White House gates, and asking the almighty Leader (still Bush) what I should do with my life. Walk me through it, government - I don't want to go astray. Lead me!

lodge939
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Can't wait to see the libs rationalize this

SnappleLlama
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, I'm shocked. :)

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Can't wait to see the libs rationalize this

Yea, me either. Liberty is just a 10 cent word to most of those Statist douchebags.