PDA

View Full Version : e-mail from the Constitution Party

jrich4rpaul
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Dear Constitution Party Friends and Supporters,

Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin and his running mate Darrell Castle wound up with close to 179,000 votes, showing even with no ads and comparatively little media attention, the message of liberty resonated with many.

The tally was a 24% increase over the party’s vote total in 2004. However, this year we were not on the ballot in California or Pennsylvania, and in 2004 those states accounted for 33,000 votes. The Baldwin/Castle ticket even grabbed 3,418 write-in votes in Texas, the highest for any write-in candidate in that state.

Despite the disappointing result of the race for the White House, we have reason to look on the bright side. We may not have elected a Constitution Party president or captured seats in Congress, but we have made very encouraging inroads. CP candidates have made huge strides and some can even be credited with ousting liberal incumbents from office simply because they decided to run against them.

Take the three term U.S. Senator from Oregon, Gordon Smith, for instance, who actually lost his bid for re-election because of our candidate Dave Brownlow!

Brownlow spent no money, did no advertising and wound up with 6% of the vote - more than double the number of votes Senator Smith lost by.

In a tight race such as this we see that our presence can really have an effect and show the liberal Republicans that we are here and ready to challenge them. In the end, the GOP and the Smith campaign spent millions on an ad campaign that included TV and direct mail hit pieces smearing the Constitution Party candidate and mentioning him by name.

It’s good news for the Constitution Party when a liberal incumbent US Senator and his major party spend money directly attacking one of our candidates. It shows our significance, that their polls are showing we are taking votes from them, and it results in many more people hearing of the Constitution Party alternative.

David went up against Goliath and showed that liberal Republicans have seen their last days. We saw it with McCain and we’re seeing it state by state as well.

Janine Hansen, a candidate from the Independent American Party of Nevada - which is the name of the Constitution Party in that state - was is in a two-way race for state senate with incumbent Dean Rhodes, a moderate Republican. Hansen pulled in more than 30% of the vote in that race.

There are a number of Constitution Party candidates with impressive percentages well into the 20% range, which is exceptional given the media blackout on third party candidates and lack of funding.

In addition to larger percentages of votes, 20 states will remain ballot qualified meaning fewer time-consuming and costly ballot-access campaigns will be necessary going forward. This is a 33% increase over 2004.

Those gains give us a head start on building the party and gaining momentum.

By working now at the state and local levels we can get a jump start on the very real possibility that we can see Constitution Party candidates elected to state and yes, even national offices during the next election cycle.

The choice is clear. We can hand the keys to this republic over to globalists or we can fight them every step of the way!

Are you ready to rumble?

Yours for Liberty,

James N. Clymer

National Chairman

Mesogen
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
179,000 votes

wow 0.1%

I think they are ready to rumble.

FindLiberty
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Good voter turn out means even hight ballot access (sig) requiremnts for non-R/D parties (at least for Illinois).

oh joy

juanvaldez
11-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Proud to be one of 179,000

s35wf
11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
In addition to larger percentages of votes, 20 states will remain ballot qualified meaning fewer time-consuming and costly ballot-access campaigns will be necessary going forward. This is a 33% increase over 2004.

Those gains give us a head start on building the party and gaining momentum.

it was a toss up for me between baldwin or nader. I voted baldwin because of the above reason (to help ballot access for third party candidates). and also cuz dr. paul endorsed him.

Also proud to be one of the 179,000 :)

jrich4rpaul
11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
179,000 votes

wow 0.1%

Still, a 24% increase is a 24% increase.

I was also one of 179,000

Conservative Christian
11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
179,000 votes

wow 0.1%

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

--John Quincy Adams

BuddyRey
11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
It would have been at least 179,001 if Chuck Baldwin had been in the ballot in NC! :(:(:(

Athan
11-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Proud to be one of the 3,418 in Texas.

Nirvikalpa
11-12-2008, 11:38 AM
My family and I are 6 out of that 179,000 :) Thanks Chuck!

Theocrat
11-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I, too, was part of the 179,000 votes for Dr. Chuck Baldwin. I voted with a clean conscience, and I did what I could to get the best candidate into office. This movement has only just begun, and the numbers can only increase with a little faith, prayer, and some reaping of the harvest. ;)