PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Write-in votes?

libertythor
11-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Are there results from any states where he was registered as a write-in candidate?

fr33domfightr
11-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Good question. I've been checking the California Secretary Of State website and I still don't see any information on the write-ins yet.

FF

Elwar
11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
As for those states that don't count the votes we can get a tally here.

2 for Texas (my wife and I)

Ok, how many more thousand in the other states?

Smiley Gladhands
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I wrote him in for some sort of county judge position. I voted Barr for the presidency.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Good question. I've been checking the California Secretary Of State website and I still don't see any information on the write-ins yet.

FF

You won't. You were warned.

gls
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM

FF

According to ballot access news (http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/11/10/california-will-as-usual-count-write-ins-for-declared-presidential-candidates-even-if-voter-didnt-vote-for-vice-president/), they were still tallying the votes as of yesterday.

On November 10, the California Secretary of State’s office confirmed that it will follow past practice, and tally votes for the declared write-in candidates for president even if the voter didn’t write-in anyone for vice-president. Thanks to the Frank Moore for president campaign staff for this news.

fr33domfightr
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
You won't. You were warned.

FAIL. Ron Paul was a certified "write-in," in California.

FF

fr33domfightr
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
"On November 10, the California Secretary of State’s office confirmed that it will follow past practice, and tally votes for the declared write-in candidates for president even if the voter didn’t write-in anyone for vice-president. Thanks to the Frank Moore for president campaign staff for this news."

With the voting machines there was no way of specifying the VP, as there wasn't a mechanism to insert a "comma" between names.

FF

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
FAIL. Ron Paul was a certified "write-in," in California.

FF

I didn't say he wasn't a "certified write-in" in CA. I said you would never see the results. So far they have not been reported on the CA Secretary of State site, or in any of the CA media. At this point, it's as good as not counted.

It will be interesting to see if eventually some write-in forces the SoS to post counts somewhere. Feel free to post a link if that happens. Also likely is there will be an "update" to some national write-in totals. Once again, good luck finding that update. It's old news a day after the election, and the media won't be updating it unless someone makes a BIG stink about it.

fr33domfightr
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I didn't say he wasn't a "certified write-in" in CA. I said you would never see the results. So far they have not been reported on the CA Secretary of State site, or in any of the CA media. At this point, it's as good as not counted.

It will be interesting to see if eventually some write-in forces the SoS to post counts somewhere. Feel free to post a link if that happens. Also likely is there will be an "update" to some national write-in totals. Once again, good luck finding that update. It's old news a day after the election, and the media won't be updating it unless someone makes a BIG stink about it.

I believe the election results are generally certified something like 30 days AFTER the election. It's possible the results won't show up until that time. I'll be watching, as we all should be.

FF

RPTXState
11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
deleted