PDA

View Full Version : question for Ohioans...

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey y'all,

I haven't been back there in 10+ years. Has the Buckeye state turned into a big gov'ment hellhole? If so, I'll have to look at Indiana or Kentucky.

revolutionist
11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Come to Northern Kentucky! I'll be chillin' there.

Ohio is much more Big Gov than Kentucky.

Fox McCloud
11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey y'all,

I haven't been back there in 10+ years. Has the Buckeye state turned into a big gov'ment hellhole? If so, I'll have to look at Indiana or Kentucky.

Yes...we're a bad combination of high spending, high taxation, high regulation, and not the best on civil liberties.

this is how sad it is: our current Democratic Governor, Ted Strickland has done more for gun owners in less than 2 years of his term than our former GOP Govenor, Bob Taft, did in all his 8 years (he basically didn't want Ohio to have concealed carry).

I think, overall, we're a great State....and well, no one beats our road-quality...but it has some major disadvantages.

In spite of all those things, I'll likely never move away.

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Yes...we're a bad combination of high spending, high taxation, high regulation, and not the best on civil liberties.

this is how sad it is: our current Democratic Governor, Ted Strickland has done more for gun owners in less than 2 years of his term than our former GOP Govenor, Bob Taft, did in all his 8 years (he basically didn't want Ohio to have concealed carry).

I think, overall, we're a great State....and well, no one beats our road-quality...but it has some major disadvantages.

In spite of all those things, I'll likely never move away.

Hey, Fox,

Are the forests back there still as beautiful as I remember? :D I need a crick to play in! Haven't had one in faarrrrr too long. :(

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Come to Northern Kentucky! I'll be chillin' there.

Ohio is much more Big Gov than Kentucky.

Sweet! Can't wait to come back to bluegrass country. My grandparents and great grandparents survived the last great depression there. They operated a farm and were (to my knowledge) self-sufficient. I remember the weather being really nice there most of the year. :D

I hope to meet you and other Paulians in a happier time for the nation one day. :)

Free hugs!
Matvei.

Fox McCloud
11-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey, Fox,

Are the forests back there still as beautiful as I remember? :D I need a crick to play in! Haven't had one in faarrrrr too long. :(

oh yes; my property is surrounded by woods on 3 of the 4 sides and it's really nice (humid, of course! Not cool like all evergreens, but still really really nice, none-the-less.

Either way, I still encourage you to move to Ohio; you see, I have this conspiracy to get everyone I know to move here :P

That and we could always use 1 more liberty minded person here in Ohio. :)

Remember, Ohio has the best farm-ground, hands down in the entire nation....plus, in no other State can you find Americana, rural areas, small-town, urban, and big city all in the same State ;) Yeah, the taxes are higher, but it's such a great State :)

FrankRep
11-10-2008, 11:36 PM
The Ohio Freedom Alliance is helping to restore the greatness of Ohio!

Ohio Freedom Alliance
http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/

Mini-Me
11-11-2008, 01:17 AM
The Ohio Freedom Alliance is helping to restore the greatness of Ohio!

Ohio Freedom Alliance
http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/

How many of the people there are Ronulans? :D

FrankRep
11-11-2008, 07:57 AM
How many of the people there are Ronulans? :D

It was born out of the Columbus Ron Paul meetup group

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Buckeye born, Jayhawk raised.

Why should Ohio be any different in this Corporate State of Amerika? :p

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your replies, dear Ohioans!

I really appreciate it. I hope to meet you all in the coming years. :D

kaleidoscope eyes
11-11-2008, 09:20 AM
oh yes; my property is surrounded by woods on 3 of the 4 sides and it's really nice (humid, of course! Not cool like all evergreens, but still really really nice, none-the-less.

Either way, I still encourage you to move to Ohio; you see, I have this conspiracy to get everyone I know to move here :P

That and we could always use 1 more liberty minded person here in Ohio. :)

Remember, Ohio has the best farm-ground, hands down in the entire nation....plus, in no other State can you find Americana, rural areas, small-town, urban, and big city all in the same State ;) Yeah, the taxes are higher, but it's such a great State :)

Ahhhh, really makes me want to move back to the Buckeye state, plus, my family is there. Perhaps one day.....

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Ahhhh, really makes me want to move back to the Buckeye state, plus, my family is there. Perhaps one day.....

When I see you and everyone else there, we'll have to put together some kind of "freedom commune" to defend each other from the gov'ment! :D Is there a good RP meetup group in South Ohio/North Kentucky?

kaleidoscope eyes
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
When I see you and everyone else there, we'll have to put together some kind of "freedom commune" to defend each other from the gov'ment! :D Is there a good RP meetup group in South Ohio/North Kentucky?

Yes, that would be cool.

As for meetups? Where I am in SE Indiana (last time I checked) there are none close by to me, I think there's one at least in Louisville KY, and I think there was one in Columbus, IN. Both, about an hour from us. But I haven't checked in quite a while.

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes, that would be cool.

As for meetups? Where I am in SE Indiana (last time I checked) there are none close by to me, I think there's one at least in Louisville KY, and I think there was one in Columbus, IN. Both, about an hour from us. But I haven't checked in quite a while.

thanx for the info, Kentuckiana. See you when I get there! :)

revolutionist
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Yes, there is a Northern Kentucky C4L as well as a Cincinnati C4L. There is also a pretty well organized Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky LP meetup.

angelatc
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM

I was born and raised Buckeye too. I want in to the party.

christagious
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Move to Canton, that way you can vote for me next year for the city council race!

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I was born and raised Buckeye too. I want in to the party.

Awesome! We'll have our own economy independent of the gov'ment...trade with each other and work for each other to produce real wealth! :D We definitely need to have a partial barter system until the Fed shrivels up and dies tho, so we can trade more easily.

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Move to Canton, that way you can vote for me next year for the city council race!

Send me a link to your site, and I'll consider ya. :)

christagious
11-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Send me a link to your site, and I'll consider ya. :)

When I get a site made I'll send it your way