PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Captain, My Captain! - Denninger's Calling for Revolution

Lucille
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
This bailout boondoggle just gets worse and worse and worse. It's time to write/call Congress, or Revolt like our Founders.

Now THAT's Revolting (Or Should Be) (http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/653-Now-THATs-Revolting-Or-Should-Be.html)

"The sweeping change to two decades of tax policy escaped the notice of lawmakers for several days, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/09/AR2008110902155.html?hpid=topnews) as they remained consumed with the controversial bailout bill. When they found out, some legislators were furious. Some congressional staff members have privately concluded that the notice was illegal. But they have worried that saying so publicly could unravel several recent bank mergers made possible by the change and send the economy into an even deeper tailspin.

"Did the Treasury Department have the authority to do this? I think almost every tax expert would agree that the answer is no," said George K. Yin, the former chief of staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the nonpartisan congressional authority on taxes. "They basically repealed a 22-year-old law that Congress passed as a back door way of providing aid to banks."

But several aides said they were still torn between their belief that the change is illegal and fear of further destabilizing the economy.

"None of us wants to be blamed for ruining these mergers and creating a new Great Depression," one said. "

So all I have to do in order to steal $150 billion and not get nailed for it is claim that stealing the taxpayer's money is necessary to "prevent a Depression" (never mind that $150 billion is less than 1/20th of what has been blown thus far) and I can rip everyone in America off?

[...]

"Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601009&sid=aatlky_cH.tY&refer=bonds) said in September they would comply with congressional demands for transparency in a $700 billion bailout of the banking system. Two months later, as the Fed lends far more than that in separate rescue programs that didn't require approval by Congress, Americans have no idea where their money is going or what securities the banks are pledging in return. "

We have an agency that has a federal charter and operates at the pleasure of Congress, and a branch of the executive, both of which made promises to Congress (and the American People) in the management of near $3 trillion dollars - or 1/5th, roughly, of the US GDP, and equivalent to the size of the entire federal budget ($3 trillion), yet exactly none of this has been fully disclosed, there are gifts being handed out all over the place, and some Congressmen have concluded that at least some of the actions taken thus far have been and are against the law.

Oh Mr. FBI Man! Where are you?

A better question: Mr. and Mrs. America? Where are you?

How long has it been since you have read this document (http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm), my fellow Americans?

Perjury? Time For Subpoenas Yet? (http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/652-Perjury-Time-For-Subpoenas-Yet.html)

Two months before Washington Mutual failed (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2008368332_sundaybuzz090.html), Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson warned then-CEO Kerry Killinger that he ought to sell the Seattle-based thrift before it deteriorated further.

"Paulson said, 'You should have sold to JPMorgan Chase in the spring, and you should do so now. Things could get a lot more difficult for you,' " said one of several current and former high-ranking WaMu executives familiar with details of the call.

So, Congress, you were lied to. Repeatedly.

Remember all the statements made by Paulson and Bernanke to you in the spring and summer surrounding Bear Stearns and later, the Housing Bailout Bill with Paulson's "Bazooka" for Fannie and Freddie?

Its against the law to lie to Congress, and Congress has the power to subpoena Paulson's phone records as well as the people on the other end of those calls.

Will Congress enforce the law and do the right thing or do we the people get screwed (again) by a Congress that refuses to enforce the law?

The Declaration of Independence
The Want, Will and Hopes of the People (http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm)

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Anti Federalist
11-10-2008, 07:01 PM
It's time to write/call Congress

We, meaning, we the people, did, in numbers never before seen.

Crashed phone banks and email servers with the sheer volume of communications.

100 to 1 against the banker bail out.

They passed it anyway.

slacker921
11-10-2008, 07:07 PM

They passed it anyway.

.... and then the f@cking idiots reelected them.

Agent CSL
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM

They passed it anyway.
This.

The time for persuading our government with words has passed. They didn't listen, they won't listen.

mczerone
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM

They passed it anyway.

Taxation without, nay, in spite of representation.

The Founders would be none too happy...

torchbearer
11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
D.C. isn't listening. Its time to accept this as a fact, and prepare for a different form of communication.

mczerone
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
This.

The time for persuading our government with words has passed. They didn't listen, they won't listen.

The repercussions of this true statement are frightening.

lynnf
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
soap box didn't work -- Ron Paul could hardly get on TV or in the papers

voting box didn't work -- bailout offenders were re-elected

jury box isn't working -- perpetrators aren't even being arrested and charged

only thing left is the cartridge box, will it work? seems like not enough of us yet, if ever

(there is another box -- The Black Box [aka the President's "football"] -- I haven't figured
out how that one can be useful, yet.)

lynn

RPIdeaMan08
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Revolt: to make revolution

Over the past 4 days I myself have changed more than barrack obama can ever have the audacity of hoping of doing FOR me. This change has made me contemplate suicide then homicide and now I see no option but to REVOLT. But the founders knew that a revolt in itself was not enough which is why they had carefully planned events to sway public opinion.

http://www.endthefed.us/

The Revolution is in full force and i'm sorry to say it's efforts are dismal. The public opinion of this generation is inbred. 9/11 sped up policies that no American in the right mind agrees with. The psychosis that ensued 9/11 is still not over.

A major shift is coming to global politics whether we like it or not. how about we like it. how about we don't take globalism for the answer. how about we revolt.

fedup100
11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm In. :D

Anti Federalist
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
lynnf wrote:

jury box isn't working -- perpetrators aren't even being arrested and charged

Nor are jurors fully informed.

Jurors have a right to rule not only on the evidence but on the law itself and have the right to acquit when faced with prosecution under an unjust law.

Just saying that in a jury room will likely get you arrested.

Anti Federalist
11-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Rebellion, Revolution, Secession.

It's time to get a divorce.

RPIdeaMan08
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and that whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.

torchbearer
11-10-2008, 10:03 PM
The ring of power has corrupted those that hold it in DC.
http://images.killermovies.com/l/lotrthetwotowers/young_smeagol.jpg

I think it is our duty to destroy that ring in the fire that forged it.

Agent CSL
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Look what we are up against, we'll never win with conventional methods. It would only take one flash of light and we're gone forever. We are not ready yet. I don't accuse anyone of being armchair warriors, but be careful with your words. Don't misunderstand me, I think we will win, but not with conventional methods.

There will come a time when people start waking up en masse. Right now, we stand at perhaps 10% of the population? Not enough. It will be too late by the time we have 51% of the population on our side.

RPIdeaMan08
11-10-2008, 10:36 PM
In the beginning of the first American revolution the ideas were unpopular, people dident want independence. Patrick Henry gave a speech in 1765 ending with "give me liberty or give me death". In 1770 the Boston Massacre took place. three years later the Boston tea party. the very next year cam the first continental congress. Then in 1775 the war had begun.

Do we see this type of progression today?

somewhat, but we are far from revolutionary times. soon an emanate economic collapse may help or hurt our efforts. Would if people are to busy working to
wake up?

This revolution is going to be very unique. If history shows us any thing it is that this is going to be a slow process. We need a catalyst... "Fuck it, lets fight"

Agent CSL
11-10-2008, 10:49 PM
In the beginning of the first American revolution the ideas were unpopular, people dident want independence. Patrick Henry gave a speech in 1765 ending with "give me liberty or give me death". In 1770 the Boston Massacre took place. three years later the Boston tea party. the very next year cam the first continental congress. Then in 1775 the war had begun.

Do we see this type of progression today?

somewhat, but we are far from revolutionary times. soon an emanate economic collapse may help or hurt our efforts. Would if people are to busy working to
wake up?

This revolution is going to be very unique. If history shows us any thing it is that this is going to be a slow process. We need a catalyst.
Yep, it's going to be slow, very slow. It's also going to be unique. Just hope there is a God, because we'll need him.

Now ask yourself this question - if the British had satellite technology, nuclear weapons, heat-seeking missiles, biochemicals, microchips, unmanned drones, and a whole horde of other things we have now, would some men hiding in the bushes in the winter have any effect on them?

RPIdeaMan08
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM
you bet your ass it would, the human race is 6 billion strong and growing. a few men in bushes may just be enough to wake a few hundred thousand more and at this point that is all we need.

In the end i believe strongly that one day not violence but a damb clever idea is necessary to change the course of events. what that is remains to be seen.

Anti Federalist
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Now ask yourself this question - if the British had satellite technology, nuclear weapons, heat-seeking missiles, biochemicals, microchips, unmanned drones, and a whole horde of other things we have now, would some men hiding in the bushes in the winter have any effect on them?

What possible use is learning how to use throwing knives when one professor type can do so much more just by pushing a button?

Try pushing that button with a knife in your hand.;)

JVParkour
11-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Damn it. I'm sick of the helplessness. What would happen if we held a 30 day March on Washington? Get hundreds and thousands together, forfeiting their money, their time, everything, for the sake of freedom. I would leave college and protest. THAT is the only thing that will work, and i'm about to do it even if im the only person there!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent CSL
11-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Damn it. I'm sick of the helplessness. What would happen if we held a 30 day March on Washington? Get hundreds and thousands together, forfeiting their money, their time, everything, for the sake of freedom. I would leave college and protest. THAT is the only thing that will work, and i'm about to do it even if im the only person there!!!!!!!!!!!
Read this (http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html)

Thus we may know that there are five essentials for victory:
(1) He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
(2) He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
(3) He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
(4) He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
(5) He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.

Hence the saying: If you know the enemy
and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a
hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will
succumb in every battle.

I do not feel helpless. I only feel that the time is not right. We have to educate more people, and wait til the laws change to make the majority a criminal in one way or another. Then the amount of "criminals" will become top heavy, we turn and we crush them under the weight of the prosecuted.

We have learned that peaceful marches won't change anything.
We have learned that a record number of calls/emails/letters to our politicians won't change anything.
We have learned that violence or planned violence in small amounts only helps THEM.

If you march, I'll stand, but we shouldn't burn ourselves out on things that are proven not to work. We will have to go past the point of no return before anything happens.

JVParkour
11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for that post. I guess I was just really worked up last night... Thanks for the words of wisdom. I found particular interest in number 18. All warfare is based on deception. Hmm.... ;)
Thanks again Agent CSL

Michigan11
11-11-2008, 11:56 AM
The time for revolution is nigh!

powerofreason
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
What could the spark be? We put up with so much shit already.

RPIdeaMan08
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Looking at history the spark will be an exaggerated event. something we may feel is insignificant with what we already have had happen to our great nation. whether its another Boston massacre or some nut bailouts of his car and lets it crash into the federal reserve bank.

Mortikhi
11-11-2008, 03:17 PM

An armed protest.

We can assemble peacefully.
We can bear arms.

Do those two at the same time and we have a protest march that won't be interrupted by facist cops with pepper spray.

torchbearer
11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
An armed protest.

We can assemble peacefully.
We can bear arms.

Do those two at the same time and we have a protest march that won't be interrupted by facist cops with pepper spray.

You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.

teshuah
11-11-2008, 06:12 PM
we might be in the 11th hour, but I don't believe it is 11:59 yet, yk?

AFA the march with guns -yes and don't get a permit so they're not ready with their police backup..... and get the moles out of the movement...