PDA

View Full Version : Poll/moneybomb for our 2012 nominee

Elwar
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Idea summary:
Create a "money bomb like" list of e-mails ala the Nov 5th web site where people sign up with their e-mails pledging to donate $100 to the winning liberty candidate. At a set date we all vote for who we want in 2012. A month or so later, we have the moneybomb.

Idea details:
Basically we have a web site much like the Tea Party and Nov. 5th site. People sign up and possibly write in their own candidate. Then, either we have periodic votes or we just take the top 10 (or we vote on how we want to vote).

Then on a date such as Nov. 5th 2009 (or 2010) we all vote for our 2012 candidate. From there we go to the potential candidate and show them that they have the support of X amount of people and the potential starting cash of X*$100 for their campaign. If the candidate gives the go ahead, we have a moneybomb on Dec. 16th (that way people can max out for the year before going into the next year).
The next year or two would mainly be spent building up a war chest...maybe getting some speaking engagements to counter the Dems on important issues as "presidential candidate...X".

Our candidate going into the first debates with the largest war chest would not possibly be ignored.

Elwar
11-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Nobody likes this idea?

I would think that this would bring a lot of people out of the woodwork to get them motivated again. Feel like they have a part in the choosing of our next president.

tonyr1988
11-11-2008, 07:02 AM
I think it's a good idea. It will be kind of hard to get people motivated to already pledge donations this early, but I also think it's important to build it up over the next 2 years.

Having a lot of money at the start of the campaign is really important. It's something Paul didn't have (he only got money later in the campaign, after he hired everyone, and it was too late - he was already written off by the media).

Elwar
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I think the biggest part would be the fact that people would be looking into the people that they would be voting on.

So that in 2011 we don't have all the Ron Paul folks seeing news about Gary Johnson on the "news" before actually researching him for themselves and deciding he's a nobody based on what FoxNews says.

Elwar
11-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Sanford, Johnson, Ventura???

We need something like this to make a final decision, otherwise the infighting will destroy us.

briand92
11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
This is a great idea for all the reasons the original poster mentioned. I'd pledge.

SnappleLlama
11-13-2008, 10:24 PM
It might be too early for this. We do have mid-term Congressional elections in 2010 that we should probably focus on first.

DirtMcGirt
11-13-2008, 10:26 PM
lets give our donations to peter schiff and reap the rewards come 2010

briand92
11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
lets give our donations to peter schiff and reap the rewards come 2010

I'll still pledge, but I also completely agree with DirtMcGirt.