PDA

View Full Version : State Moves From Pain Management to Suicide

Change
11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Do No HARM

State Moves from Pain Management to assisted suicide, Welcome to the culture of DEATH
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008352565_apwaassistedsuicide2ndldwritethru.html? syndication=rss

Cinderella
11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I support euthanasia - but only in certain cases. I think euthanasia can be just the right answer for someone faced with holding on to the last few hours of his life, in complete agony. For many people, euthanasia can be a preferable option to overcome dependence and unbearable suffering. People may feel it is worse to be kept alive under hopeless circumstance than it would be to die.

In a truly free society, you own your life, and your only obligation is to respect the rights of others. I believe everyone is entitled to be treated as the sole owner of his or her own life. I also think a person who chooses euthanasia is well within his or her rights in doing so, as long as he or she does it privately and without jeopardizing the physical safety of others.

A person shouldn't be forced to stay alive if it's against his or her will. If death is inevitable and pain is unbearable, I believe we should allow a person to speed up the process to permanently alleviate the pain. People are letting technology take over their lives and allowing other parties to make decisions for them, they need to know that they at least have some control over their own dying. Even if most people do not want euthanasia, it reassures them that they would have the freedom to make their own choice if and when such a situation arises.