PDA

View Full Version : Do we want to win the next election? Then we need to get serious about a coalition!

RonPaulVolunteer
11-10-2008, 12:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_government

A coalition government, or coalition cabinet, is a cabinet of a parliamentary government in which several parties cooperate. The usual reason given for this arrangement is that no party on its own can achieve a majority in the parliament. A coalition government might also be created in a time of national difficulty or crisis, for example during wartime, to give a government the high degree of perceived political legitimacy it desires whilst also playing a role in diminishing internal political strife. In such times, parties have formed all-party coalitions (national unity governments, grand coalitions). If a coalition collapses a confidence vote is held or a motion of no confidence is taken.

Sheepdog11
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I still think converting the masses is the most important and useful thing we can do for the future.

Elections come and go, ideas stay.

That said, I'm totally for a coalition, I just don't see all the 3rd party groups agreeing to join together.

RonPaulVolunteer
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I still think converting the masses is the most important and useful thing we can do for the future.

That said, I'm totally for a coalition, I just don't see all the 3rd party groups agreeing to join together.

I agree on all counts.

eOs
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Yes, edumacatin' the peoples is good. And so is forming a coalition, I agree on all counts.