PDA

View Full Version : NY TIMES: Secret Order Lets U.S. Raid Al Qaeda in Many Countries

rational thinker
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
We have to get this to the front page, please:
http://digg.com/world_news/Secret_Order_Lets_U_S_Raid_Al_Qaeda_in_Many_Countr ies_3#

forsmant
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I am actually for this tactic. I would prefer that we get a rubber stamp from the country involved but its better than bombing the whole country and turning it into Iraq. We need to declare Al Qaeda pirates and go after them regardless of their location. Al Qaeda, if it is a real organization, is responsible for many terrorist attacks.

rational thinker
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
bump

HOLLYWOOD
11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Ever see the movie Patriot Games.... "Desert scene"

Enemy of the State... pick a scene.

It's been going on for decades!

Oh how I love that $50+ BILLION/year in Black Projects

rational thinker
11-09-2008, 11:08 PM
bump

socialize_me
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I am actually for this tactic. I would prefer that we get a rubber stamp from the country involved but its better than bombing the whole country and turning it into Iraq. We need to declare Al Qaeda pirates and go after them regardless of their location. Al Qaeda, if it is a real organization, is responsible for many terrorist attacks.

*coughs* so if this happened in the United States you'd be okay? Like, having our military do active raids here?

It's the lack of empathy with your comments that worries me. So it's okay for us to go into a country and take out alleged al Qaeda targets, but if we have military in the United States, that violates everything America stands for?? Ironic...and hypocritical...so screw what other countries think?? We have every right to march right in and do this? Then you should love it when they do it in the United States...

rational thinker
11-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Agreed.

rational thinker
11-10-2008, 12:41 AM
bump

Mini-Me
11-10-2008, 01:06 AM
*coughs* so if this happened in the United States you'd be okay? Like, having our military do active raids here?

It's the lack of empathy with your comments that worries me. So it's okay for us to go into a country and take out alleged al Qaeda targets, but if we have military in the United States, that violates everything America stands for?? Ironic...and hypocritical...so screw what other countries think?? We have every right to march right in and do this? Then you should love it when they do it in the United States...

Exactly. To give another parallel, what would forsmant think if China's military conducted raids of US citizens in the US...and without permission, at that?

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
"Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for ten years ..." --Ron Paul

"America's fighting a war that doesn't exist. We're fighting because our leaders tell us that the Muslims hate freedom and hate liberty and hate women in the work place and that's got nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with what we do in the Islamic world, what our policies are, and what our impact that is there." --Michael Scheur Fmr. Head CIA Bin Laden Unit