PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't Barack Obama Send His Kids To Public School?

yongrel
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
From the Free Turkey:
http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/10/public-education-for-all-except-for-barack-obamas-children/

As Obama’s transistion team lays the groundwork for a new adminstration, a concern closer to home for the President Elect has presented itself. Chief concern of self-titled Mommy-in-Chief Michelle Obama is the question of where their daughters Sasha and Malia will go to school.

Surely, the champion of public education will send his daughters to DC’s fine public schools. After all, this is a man who was elected on a platform of supposed government “solutions,” so it would only seem right that he would trust the government with the education of his children.

Or maybe not. Washington DC has perhaps the worst schools of any major city in the country...
Continue reading... (http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/10/public-education-for-all-except-for-barack-obamas-children/)

Kludge
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Public schools are only for the uneducated and unwealthy masses. The truly elite can send their kids to schools which focus on education instead of drug use and violence deterrence and the truly elite can only sustain their bloodline's elitism in Corporatism, because all but the most wealthy (or most powerful, or most corrupt) are "equal" in their mediocre rationed income.

yongrel
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Digg it here, if you enjoyed the post:
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Public_Education_For_All_Except_Barack_Obama_s_Chi ldren

revolutionary8
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Nice Post yongrel. And good luck with the Turkey. We might not always agree, but I do understand that we are on the same side in this battle for the Republic. :)

will digg as soon as I remember my password. lol

Kludge
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
For notice, I Googled "BJ Lawson David Price Results" a few hours ago. TFT was #3.

BlackTerrel
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't see how it's hypocritial. He's a dad and sending his kids to get the best education he can afford.

I never heard Obama say that everyone should go to public school.

Unspun
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Error establishing a database connection

Kludge
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM

OMGZ

+1

The government is coming -- the GOVERNMENT IS COMING!!!

BURN THE SERVERS! KILL THE WITNESSES! BARRICADE THE ENTRANCES!!!

angelatc
11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I read this on your blog. Awesome post. The last sentence is dead on.

angelatc
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't see how it's hypocritial. He's a dad and sending his kids to get the best education he can afford.

Did you read the blog? The point was that he won't allow poor parents choices by giving them vouchers.

Kludge
11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums (http://wordpress.org/support/).

Anti Federalist
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM

It is if he signs legislation making it more difficult for other parents to do the same.

WRellim
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
From the Free Turkey:
http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/10/public-education-for-all-except-for-barack-obamas-children/

As Obama’s transistion team lays the groundwork for a new adminstration, a concern closer to home for the President Elect has presented itself. Chief concern of self-titled Mommy-in-Chief Michelle Obama is the question of where their daughters Sasha and Malia will go to school.

Surely, the champion of public education will send his daughters to DC’s fine public schools. After all, this is a man who was elected on a platform of supposed government “solutions,” so it would only seem right that he would trust the government with the education of his children.

Or maybe not. Washington DC has perhaps the worst schools of any major city in the country...
Continue reading... (http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/10/public-education-for-all-except-for-barack-obamas-children/)

Oh I'm sure its out of a concern for the safety of those wonderful Beltway public school kids... yeah, uh huh... that's the ticket... the safety of the other kids... riiight.

("Hey Ralph... see how that polls.")

:D

yongrel
11-09-2008, 11:19 PM
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums (http://wordpress.org/support/).

I'm not having any problems accessing the site.

http://thefreeturkey.com/

What are you trying to access, and how?

Kludge
11-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm not having any problems accessing the site.

http://thefreeturkey.com/

What are you trying to access, and how?

The entire site was down for nearly THIRTY MINUTES! (*GASP*)

It seems to be working fine now though.

Danke
11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Public schools are only for the uneducated and unwealthy masses. The truly elite can send their kids to schools which focus on education instead of drug use and violence deterrence and the truly elite can only sustain their bloodline's elitism in Corporatism, because all but the most wealthy (or most powerful, or most corrupt) are "equal" in their mediocre rationed income.

Where do you plan on teaching? I hope it is a public school. But a private one is good too, they also need enlighten teachers. (I went to both).

Kludge
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Where do you plan on teaching? I hope it is a public school. But a private one is good too, they also need enlighten teachers. (I went to both).

Public high school (the one I went to, if possible!). Hope to teach government, economics, social studies and/or history.

Still trying to get an education myself on those topics though and fear I won't be able to give an adequate response if asked. I have a monotone when I'm bored, so it should give me a lot of incentive to create exciting and passionate lesson plans.

New York For Paul
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Many black Obama supporters and parents are going to get really fed up with his elitism very quickly. Schools are a very sensitive topic in D.C.

Danke
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Public high school (the one I went to, if possible!). Hope to teach government, economics, social studies and/or history.

Still trying to get an education myself on those topics though and fear I won't be able to give an adequate response if asked. I have a monotone when I'm bored, so it should give me a lot of incentive to create exciting and passionate lesson plans.

I'm sure you will do well with time and experience. And you may wish to lay low until you get tenure anyway. :)

Reason
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Obama would be absolutely retarded to send his kids to a public school purely based on security concerns....surely you all realize this.....

devil21
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
No president in recent memory has sent the kids to public schools. Of course, security is an issue but in more than one way. They don't want other students harming the "first children" but more importantly, they can't risk the mixing of the "commoners" with the "establishment". We should all be aware by now that the elites keep strict blood lines and do NOT breed with the common folk. That would be nearly impossible to maintain in a public school setting.

yongrel
11-10-2008, 03:27 PM
No president in recent memory has sent the kids to public schools. Of course, security is an issue but in more than one way. They don't want other students harming the "first children" but more importantly, they can't risk the mixing of the "commoners" with the "establishment". We should all be aware by now that the elites keep strict blood lines and do NOT breed with the common folk. That would be nearly impossible to maintain in a public school setting.

Jimmy Carter did. Poor Amy Carter.

UnReconstructed
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
lol at school vouchers

if a school takes government money, then its a government school.

EDIT: I don't send my kids to public school either so I don't blame him.

BlackTerrel
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Did you read the blog? The point was that he won't allow poor parents choices by giving them vouchers.

How would vouchers affect current public schools?

By not sending his own children to public schools he is actually making those schools BETTER because they'll have less children to educate.

BlackTerrel
11-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Because clearly Obama's blood line is elite :confused:

devil21
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Because clearly Obama's blood line is elite :confused:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140034

Obama is related to both Dick Cheney and GWBush, among others. Only people of the proper bloodlines are allowed to become President.

silus
11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Why won't Obama send his kids to public school?? You're question is about several years late. His kids attended private school in Chicago.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Secret Service security concerns and difficulties for the Kenyan POTUS AND family.

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Public School can be scary, but idiots are also in private education.
I don't always learn something in public education, but it's not only the teachers. It's the kids, they always disrupt class and are all in all, annoying. Oh god, the pain I go through everyday go that institution.

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Secret Service security concerns and difficulties for the Kenyan POTUS AND family.

Enough with the Kenyan crap.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Enough with the Kenyan crap. Noted, and who gives a shit what you think, junior? :rolleyes: Have you seen his birth certificate? Do you even know that you're supposed to care? :p

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Noted, and who gives a shit what you think, junior? :rolleyes: Have you seen his birth certificate? Do you even know that you're supposed to care? :p

Yeah. because the man cannot be the U.S. president, because he's some dirty ******? He lived here most of his life. Have you seen his birth certificate in person, or are you getting your information from obamacrimes.com? I don't like the man, but racism is just flat out stupid. Does his wife even look Kenyan to you? I mean they are a Kenyan family? Right.

Also, enough with your discriminatory ageist crap. What the hell is your problem? If I'm not 30+ years of age, I'm irrelevant? Put your ego aside.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah. because the man cannot be the U.S. president, because he's some dirty ******? He lived here most of his life. Have you seen his birth certificate in person, or are you getting your information from obamacrimes.com? I don't like the man, but racism is just flat out stupid. Does his wife even look Kenyan to you? I mean they are a Kenyan family? Right.

Also, enough with your discriminatory ageist crap. What the hell is your problem? If I'm not 30+ years of age, I'm irrelevant? Put your ego aside. Wrong, the issue is the SAME if he was born white in Canada, kiddo. :p

Get a frickin' clue. :rolleyes:

My problem? Among others, twit teens that just know that they know it all, but really don't even know shit about anything.

GROW UP!!!

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Wrong, the issue is the SAME if he was born white in Canada, kiddo. :p

Get a frickin' clue. :rolleyes:

My problem? Among others, twit teens that just know that they know it all, but really don't even know shit about anything.

GROW UP!!!

When did I say I know everything? What do you mean by growing up, because I disagree with you, I should grow up? Shit, calm down. It's like your punching your computer screen if someone is debating with you. How am I a twit teen? Since when do many teens read or even know who Mises, Hayek, Friedman, Marx, Engel(Know thy enemy) were? I'm asking you nicely, put your ego away.

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Oooh, look what I found.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html

Normally I hate most of their opinions, but this article wasn't bad.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
When did I say I know everything? What do you mean by growing up, because I disagree with you, I should grow up? Shit, calm down. It's like your punching your computer screen if someone is debating with you. How am I a twit teen? Since when do many teens read or even know who Mises, Hayek, Friedman, Marx, Engel(Know thy enemy) were? I'm asking you nicely, put your ego away. I've raised three of you folks to adulthood, though you may think ( know :rolleyes: ) that you are different, but you are NOT, in so very many ways. Your brain has not even finished developing yet. I was a teen once myself, as were many of my friends. How many times have you been? How long ago? Based on WHAT real world experiences? :rolleyes: You have FAR more to learn than you do to teach or PRESUME to correct. :p

AutoDas
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't too if I was an elitist hypocrite. Do you read the news? All of those school shootings came from public schools, I'm not sending my kids to a death trap.

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I've raised three of you folks to adulthood, though you may think ( know :rolleyes: ) that you are different, but you are NOT, in so very many ways. Your brain has not even finished developing yet. I was a teen once myself, as were many of my friends. How many times have you been? How long ago? Based on WHAT real world experiences? :rolleyes: You have FAR more to learn than you do to teach or PRESUME to correct. :p

I'm not denying that, but stop freaking insulting me. Shit, I might not be "different" than everybody else, but stop saying I'm like everybody else? What evidence do you have? You don't know much about me? And this stupid ageist argument started over some false facts about Obama's birth cerftificate, and I was proven right. (I found his birth certificate)
I should've lied about my age to stay away from pricks like you.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm not denying that, but stop freaking insulting me. Shit, I might not be "different" than everybody else, but stop saying I'm like everybody else? What evidence do you have? You don't know much about me? And this stupid ageist argument started over some false facts about Obama's birth cerftificate, and I was proven right. (I found his birth certificate)
I should've lied about my age to stay away from pricks like you.

Don't tell me what to do, ass wipe. You can just kiss your own ass as you pull your head out of it, SEVERAL MORE YEARS down the road. Yep, tell em the truth and they just idiotically ASSUME and think they've been insulted. How lame. :p Just PAR for the course. Twits on parade. BORING!!!

No you didn't, you found his phony COLB from Hawaii. His Indonesian born half sister has one too. DUH!!!

Repeat: Grow up, kiddo. :rolleyes:

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Don't tell me what to do, ass wipe. You can just kiss your own ass as you pull your head out of it, SEVERAL MORE YEARS down the road. Yep, tell em the truth and they just idiotically ASSUME and think they've been insulted. How lame. :p Just PAR for the course. Twits on parade. BORING!!!

No you didn't, you found his phony COLB from Hawaii. His Indonesian born half sister has one too. DUH!!!

Repeat: Grow up, kiddo. :rolleyes:

You're too belligerent to have a reasonable debate with. All you have been doing is swaring at me and telling me to grow up, because I disagree with your point. We were talking about Obama's birth and we come to this. Because surely, I must have "life experience" to talk about that. I never denied that I have a lot to learn, but I'm not talking about that right now. I've heard it before. You're just getting away from the original topic.

Also, how is it fake? His mom gave birth to him in a Hawaiian hospital. Instead of screaming, and telling me to grow up. Get rid of that pugnacious attitude of yours.
Do you act like this in real life too? It's quite ironic that you're telling me to grow up when you're the one shouting and swaring at me.

Oh yeah, thanks for the advice...

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 03:49 PM
You're too belligerent to have a reasonable debate with. All you have been doing is swaring at me and telling me to grow up, because I disagree with your point. We were talking about Obama's birth and we come to this. Because surely, I must have "life experience" to talk about that. I never denied that I have a lot to learn, but I'm not talking about that right now. I've heard it before. You're just getting away from the original topic.

Also, how is it fake? His mom gave birth to him in a Hawaiian hospital. Instead of screaming, and telling me to grow up. Get rid of that pugnacious attitude of yours.
Do you act like this in real life too? It's quite ironic that you're telling me to grow up when you're the one shouting and swaring at me.

Oh yeah, thanks for the advice... And you're merely too childish and stupid to waste any more time and effort on. Do your homework, junior.

BYE!!!

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
And you're merely too childish and stupid to waste any more time and effort on. Do your homework, junior.

BYE!!!

Oh fucking please. I did my homework, you're just too stupid to reply to any of my god damn points. I've seen you do it on other threads. When people try to get any sense out of your all you do is say thank you for a useless thread bump.

RickyJ
11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Maybe because he never went to one himself. Who really cares. I pray his kids can somehow have a normal life despite having him for a father. No kid should have to have a father like him.

Truth Warrior
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe because he never went to one himself. Who really cares. I pray his kids can somehow have a normal life despite having him for a father. No kid should have to have a father like him. BTW. my kids, 3 for 3, turned out great ...... FINALLY. All 3 happy, healthy, honest and productive adult human beings, responsible and accountable for their behavior.

Just so ya know. ;) What's your track record? :rolleyes:

The_Orlonater
11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe because he never went to one himself. Who really cares. I pray his kids can somehow have a normal life despite having him for a father. No kid should have to have a father like him.

None of us know how he is as a father.

mediahasyou
11-11-2008, 04:24 PM
public schools suck.

JeNNiF00F00
11-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Its the principle of the thing. Obama is a socialist. Public schools are socialist institutions. Logic says that if Obama has so much faith in socialized systems then why doesn't he have the faith to send his own children to public schools, especially if they are good enough for the the rest of us? If children aren't safe in their public schooling systems then whats the point of having public schools?? Before Obama was even popular, his kids still went to private schools no? So what gives?

Same question goes for healthcare. Will people have the same trust in the socialized universal healthcare as Obama has in our already present socialized public schooling system? Will we really trust a socialized healthcare system??

The rediculous argument going on about Obama being Kenyan. Again it is based on principle. It has nothing to do with him being black. He could be from Scandinavia for all we care! Its the fact that he cannot show the proof and is being sued for proof to show the American people that he is a Naturalized Citizen which is one of the requirments of being the POTUS.

Again, if we do not abide by these guidelines, then what is the point of having any of it in the first place??

sratiug
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Its the principle of the thing. Obama is a socialist. Public schools are socialist institutions. Logic says that if Obama has so much faith in socialized systems then why doesn't he have the faith to send his own children to public schools, especially if they are good enough for the the rest of us? If children aren't safe in their public schooling systems then whats the point of having public schools?? Before Obama was even popular, his kids still went to private schools no? So what gives?

Same question goes for healthcare. Will people have the same trust in the socialized universal healthcare as Obama has in our already present socialized public schooling system? Will we really trust a socialized healthcare system??

The rediculous argument going on about Obama being Kenyan. Again it is based on principle. It has nothing to do with him being black. He could be from Scandinavia for all we care! Its the fact that he cannot show the proof and is being sued for proof to show the American people that he is a Naturalized Citizen which is one of the requirments of being the POTUS.

Again, if we do not abide by these guidelines, then what is the point of having any of it in the first place??

+1000
That's why I commented and dugg the article. People here should quit defending elitist bullshit. If his kids aren't safe, neither are anybody else's in the public school. If his kids can't get a good education there, neither can anyone else's.

BlackTerrel
11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140034

Obama is related to both Dick Cheney and GWBush, among others. Only people of the proper bloodlines are allowed to become President.

We're all related in the end... not sure that means anything. Life originated in Africa.

James Madison
11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
public schools suck.

+1

devil21
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
We're all related in the end... not sure that means anything. Life originated in Africa.

Are you done defending Obama on the Ron Paul Forum yet? I see barely a post of yours that's not apologist of Obama. Either contribute to the Liberty movement or go make residence at The Obama Forum (http://www.theobamaforum.com).

Kludge
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Are you done defending Obama on the Ron Paul Forum yet? I see barely a post of yours that's not apologist of Obama. Either contribute to the Liberty movement or go make residence at The Obama Forum (http://www.theobamaforum.com).

Hardly a defense. Your original point was silly, IMO.

JeNNiF00F00
11-12-2008, 12:23 AM

Possibly, but w/ that logic you could go so far to say your parents are really sister and brother. lol

Danke
11-12-2008, 12:32 AM

+1 Excellent post.

Kludge
11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Possibly, but w/ that logic you could go so far to say your parents are really sister and brother. lol

I assume that assumes there's a moral problem with inbreeding.

Danke
11-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I assume that assumes there's a moral problem with inbreeding.

Do you know the definition of relative humidity?

It is the sweat rolling down your sister's back as you are getting her from behind.

(sorry, southern pilot joke)

JeNNiF00F00
11-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I think I shall start running. I hear banjos playing!

devil21
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Hardly a defense. Your original point was silly, IMO.

Surely you aren't suggesting that my point about being from the proper bloodlines is a requirement for becoming President was silly. How many presidents do we have to have with direct lineage to the friggin Queen before you accept it as truth?

James Madison
11-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Don't feed the troll. He's probably on government payroll.:p

New York For Paul
11-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Obama met with the Mayor and the education chief. They made all sorts overtures to the Obama's. The Obama will get to choose which school to send their precious children too.

Sounds like a voucher like type of experience to me.

Meanwhile, the poor people of the city have no choice where to send their children.

SeanEdwards
11-13-2008, 01:51 AM
+1000
If his kids aren't safe, neither are anybody else's in the public school.

That's not entirely fair. The children of the POTUS have unique security threats not faced by typical students. Hell for that matter, the presence of such high-profile children probably represents an increased threat to the OTHER students. I don't think I'd neccessarily want my kid sitting in a classroom with the President's offspring day after day.

devil21
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
That's not entirely fair. The children of the POTUS have unique security threats not faced by typical students. Hell for that matter, the presence of such high-profile children probably represents an increased threat to the OTHER students. I don't think I'd neccessarily want my kid sitting in a classroom with the President's offspring day after day.

That doesnt really change just because they are sent to a private school. Either way, Secret Service is always close by and the same security risks apply whether public or private. I stand by my assertion that it's mainly to keep the upper-crust separated from the commoners. How else can you groom your kids for the same "public service" (a la Chelsea) while allowing them to mix with mostly the same people they will be "ruling" over later in life. It's a conflict of interest for the elite and god forbid one of the daughters happens to get a crush on a commoner or someone of lesser status.

jsu718
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, the major issue with this thread is that people are assuming public schools everywhere are the same, and private schools everywhere are the same. Sure in the NE section of the country private schools are much much better than public schools, but that is because they can get enough students to afford good teachers and resources. In 90% of the country that isn't the case, so public schools are better. Yes, I just said that public schools most places are better than private.
The only time this is different is if the private school gets a "better selection" of kids based on some sort of specialization in their education.
Why? Because of this. When you have an area or "school zone" where all of the families are in the same basic economic level, there wouldn't be a difference. All the kids at either school would have about the same amount of exposure to culture and basic knowledge. When you have areas where people in the same area are of massively different economic level, then they don't mix well in schools. Yes yes, I know, not politically correct to imply that there is any difference in education level or the way people value education differently based on economic status, but it's true. That is why in more densely populated areas like the NE private schools make more sense, because then they can be separated despite the orders of the government, which works out better for everyone. There are plenty of studies that show this, but nobody is willing to say it in public. Schools that are segregated (usually because of natural separation in different areas) perform better. When there is a mix of races and economic levels then you have issues. Am I racist for saying this? I guess. I have had people claim that I was, but that is what the stats say.